Hourglass Cosmetics

katred

Specktra Bestie
The foundation stick looks very promising. I'm happy to see a very light shade!

Me too! My issue with Hourglass foundation has always been that the lightest shade was too dark for me. (And I'm not even the lightest shade in a lot of ranges from other brands.)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So any opinions on the foundation? How is it on dry skin?
I think I would need Blanc, but not sure. It finally launched at SpaceNK and Blanc is already OOS tho, so I'd have to wait anyway. I wish a German store would carry Hourglass, I'd prefer to order there so I could return the products in case they're not for me.

Also wondering if I should get the brush. I've been wanting the MAC 170 and/or the Artis Oval 7 but they're always OOS as well, so I might as well get this one if I do order the foundation. Pretty sure I don't need all three.

Monsy

how about alabaster? check out passionpout on IG she is pale as a ghost and she said alabaster is perfect on her

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone bought the foundation stick yet? I checked them out briefly last time I was at Sephora and for as pretty as the triangular tube is, it looks like no one can get the lids on and the display was quite a mess. I just can't seem to find a full coverage foundation with cool undertones that works well for me. I'm going to guess I'll need the Light Beige. Will give it a whirl tonight at Sephora. I really want that brush too. :)

Monsy

have you tried Lancome teint idole? has a tons very light cool toned shades
(i am very light with warm undertone and can't find shade for myself because all the light ones are either too cool or too neutral)

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
(i am very light with warm undertone and can't find shade for myself because all the light ones are either too cool or too neutral)

Hi Monsy! Thanks for your reply! I have used that one before and while it worked nicely on me, I still love to try anything new that comes out. =)

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Got it! I just wanted to help
And I do appreciate that!! If you think of any others, holler!!
I was using the GA Maestro Fusion and when I went to get a new bottle, the color no longer matched, even tho they said they made no changes. It was yellow on me. =(
Good luck finding one that works for you as well. :)

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member

Monsy - Did you get to try the Hourglass foundation sticks yet? I would have bought one, but they didn't have the color I needed.
That brush tho. I think I have to have it. =)
Hourglass is at Nordstrom on Michigan Ave., but not at Oak Brook. I think I'll end up ordering from Nordstrom as they always have good gwp's.

coffeewithcream

The sticks are only messy at Sephora because people twist them up high and then jam on the caps. Instant mess. I bought it and I like it. My suggestion: don't swipe it on your face. Way too much product is deposited. Literally stamp it where you want coverage, buff it out (I caved and got their brush, but I suspect any good cream foundation brush will do), and reapply where you feel you need it. I also find it blends really nicely on my finger when applied under the eye or around the nose, as a concealer. I tried the Hourglass Vanish, Tom Ford cream stick and MUFE HD stick on my face and buffed them out and ... it was really hard to tell the difference. I do like how the Hourglass wears. But if you have either of the others, you probably don't need this.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
The sticks are only messy at Sephora because people twist them up high and then jam on the caps. Instant mess. I bought it and I like it. My suggestion: don't swipe it on your face. Way too much product is deposited. Literally stamp it where you want coverage, buff it out (I caved and got their brush, but I suspect any good cream foundation brush will do), and reapply where you feel you need it. I also find it blends really nicely on my finger when applied under the eye or around the nose, as a concealer. I tried the Hourglass Vanish, Tom Ford cream stick and MUFE HD stick on my face and buffed them out and ... it was really hard to tell the difference. I do like how the Hourglass wears. But if you have either of the others, you probably don't need this.

Thank you!! I appreciate the info. I ordered it from Nordstrom and got the brush too. I couldn't resist! =)

fur4elise

Wayne reviews the new Surreal Light Edit palette ;)
[video=youtube;d7hcuqb75Qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7hcuqb75Qs[/video]

Latest posts