Archetype Cosmetics

Briar

ArchetypeCosmetics.com

Has anyone else tried out these wonderful multi-use pigment colors? Holly over at Archetype makes her own colors from scratch and has some incredible, deep and unusual colors. Most of her colors are very shimmery and many have multiple shades depending on when the light hits them.

I haven't tried her lip colors yet but I've heard they're divine.

wolfsong

These sound interesting, thanks for posting this link!
Can you tell me how well they wear when on (is primer a must?); and are they colour true in reference to site swatches, and pigmented when worn (i.e do you need to use a lot of the powder for application, or are they like fyrinnae etc)?
TIA

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
These sound interesting, thanks for posting this link!
Can you tell me how well they wear when on (is primer a must?); and are they colour true in reference to site swatches, and pigmented when worn (i.e do you need to use a lot of the powder for application, or are they like fyrinnae etc)?
TIA

I think, like any mineral e/s I've tried, primer keeps the powder in place, and makes them much more vibrant. I always use UDPP or a MAC Paintpot.

They are very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I haven't tried all the colors on the site yet (and she just put up a bunch of new ones) but the ones I've tried are fairly true to the swatches. She also includes a pretty vivid description of how the color looks when applied.

Like Fyrinnae and MAD these colors look great wet or dry.

Some of her newest colors are "custom pigments". She put up a contest of sorts and asked customers to send her a description of their dream pigment, and then she attempted to interpret these as powders. Mine was Old Eire which is a gorgeous green, both Integra's Dog shades, both Avael shades (midnight and sunrise) and several others came from this experiment of sorts.

wolfsong

They look and sound wonderful! I cant wait to order samples from them. The fact they sell 1/4 tsp baggy samples for 25 cents is very impressive!
I love the shade names too - i see at least one Anita Blake (Laurell K Hamilton series) reference so far
smiles.gif

alien21xx

The swatches on the site look a bit weird probably because of the close-up angle from which they were taken. So I might sit out on these until I see other swatches (on skin or in jar)

However, the fun names of the e/s are great! Thanks for posting this, Briar!

wolfsong

(If you click on the pictures they get bigger - i think they look odd due to resizing and all that - plus the snazzy sparkle combos
smiles.gif
)

Thank you so much Briar for making this thread, and introducing me to my new fyrinnae sub!

Ive ordered 4 lip samples in jars and 36 (+3 freebies) 1/4 tsp pigment samples in baggies for $20 to the UK (including shipping). Very impressed - thats the price and size of 10 fyrinnae samples (in jars, without shipping).

Payment goes to 'littlegreykitten'. LOVE!
th_ymca.gif

Briar

I recieved my Archetype order a couple days ago and I love the stuff I got. Heads up to anyone wanting to order, Archetype is one woman running the whole biz and she's been slammed with a lot of new business lately so her TAT is quite long, but I think worth it if you go in knowing that.

In addition to bunches of eyeshadow color samples I got three lip colors. Amanita, Red Sunshine and Red Light District. Amanita is my favorite, it is a lovely subtle red with a slight brownish tinge that deepens my natural lip color nicely. Red Sunshine is red with a bright purple shimmer that is really fun. I haven't tried Red Light District yet but it is described as a "true red". All of the lip stuff is very smooth and conditioning. It comes in a pot so must be applied with a finger or a brush. Because they are glosses, not lipstick they don't last as long as lipstick but I love the way they feel on my lips.

petrina_678

there is still about a month's wait for orders..
but keep in mind this is not the owner's full time job.

here are swatches of the pigments from makeup alley
http://www.makeupalley.com/m_74663065

she seems very friendly!
smiles.gif
although she is swamped with orders at the moment, she days a few days to reply to e-mails
i love the colours, and she keeps adding new ones!

i ordered 50+ eyeshadow samples, plus foundation sample too.
i'll post when i get the stuff..most likely in a month or so ..
ssad.gif

tempete

I received my first Archetype order last week and swatched my samples (applied dry, no primer, no flash):

light eyeshadows, click here
medium eyeshadows, click here for take 1 and here for take 2
brown eyeshadows, click here

Some colour notes: Lolita's Lollipop is pinker than it appears in the swatch. Antique Platinum and Veil of Shadows are more purple. Beetlewing has a cool green iridescence that wasn't captured that well. Cydonia is supposed to have an intense green iridescence but I didn't see it at all. Maybe it only appears when it's foiled.

My arm is pretty dark so some of the lighter eyeshadows don't show up that well... plus I suck at swatching eyeshadows.

petrina_678

to tempete...

omg they dont lok anything like the pictures on the site.. i hope they look better than that in real life.. oh well ..

tempete

petrina, I'm sorry if I alarmed you! The Archetype pigments are much more sparkly and iridescent in real life. The MUA swatches look like they've been taken with flash which would illuminate the shimmer more, whereas I took my photos in natural light in the shade. I really suck at swatching eyeshadows and should just stick to blushes!

euphrosyne_rose

I've seen several of your FOTD's using Archetype's pigments and went to the website. I loved almost all of the colors but when I clicked on the buttons to order, I couldn't! It brought me to a page that said user id not set, or something like that. I'm bummed because I really want to order! It lets you purchase the lip and foundation, but none of the eye pigments. Sigh.

petrina_678

to rose^ they had a slight problem that has been solved.. feel free to buy EVERYTHING no lol ...

to tempete , thanks for the swatches anyway! i totally understand. lol i feel so much more relived now.. lol

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrina_678
to rose^ they had a slight problem that has been solved.. feel free to buy EVERYTHING no lol ...

to tempete , thanks for the swatches anyway! i totally understand. lol i feel so much more relived now.. lol

Thanks! I did go back to the website and I bought quite a few things. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to get it though!

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrina_678
there is still about a month's wait for orders..
but keep in mind this is not the owner's full time job.

here are swatches of the pigments from makeup alley
http://www.makeupalley.com/m_74663065

she seems very friendly!
smiles.gif
although she is swamped with orders at the moment, she days a few days to reply to e-mails
i love the colours, and she keeps adding new ones!

i ordered 50+ eyeshadow samples, plus foundation sample too.
i'll post when i get the stuff..most likely in a month or so ..
ssad.gif

Those are my swatches from MUA
smiles.gif
I kept meaning to post them here but never got around to it! I think it was mentioned in another post whether or not me using flash made these appear different in my pics...the pics are actually very true color wise but the e/s's are even more shimmery IRL.

petrina_678

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
Those are my swatches from MUA
smiles.gif
I kept meaning to post them here but never got around to it! I think it was mentioned in another post whether or not me using flash made these appear different in my pics...the pics are actually very true color wise but the e/s's are even more shimmery IRL.

omg thanks for those swatches.. they really helped and are amazing to look at.. Makes me think of all the fun i'll be having when they finally arrive! I cant wait!

Briar

I just ordered a boatload more samples from Archetype, I know its going to be a little while until I get them but I can hardly wait. I'm anxiously awaiting a couple of her new colors that look amazing!

tendresse

I just ordered a TON of samples of the shadows, I am excited to get them, they all look so wonderful, I know it will be a bit of a wait but it looks totally worth it to me.

petrina_678

im still waiting! But i know the wait is so woth it, they should be arriving this week or next...
smiles.gif

im too excited!

beautiful_ctnx

hi! have those who ordered a month ago gotten their orders? i ordered on 10 May but haven't received my order yet..... and she hasn't replied a single of my emails!
ssad.gif

Latest posts