Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Scandalous Cosmetics?

Hello peeps,
    I'm just curious if any one has tried Scandalous Cosmetics. I've seen them at Downey Mall, and Montebello Mall, but never went in or bought anything. I know it's a new line and maybe a future competitor to MAC?? I heard that it's cheaper and have more pigmented and vibrant eyeshadows.

Re: Scandalous Cosmetics?

Ive heard of them. Ive tried a bit of their product out. I even put in an application and they got back to me in like less then 24 hours. It was all very exciting until they never called me back after leaving a message on their voicemail, but yeah I hear their make up is highly pigmented and they have a wide variety of things to choose from I think its kinda neat. Girls are like giving up on mac for this line. I havent bought anything but Im thinking about trying out a duo powder or something.
    "It is better to be beautiful than to be good,
    but it is better to be good than to be ugly"

-Oscar wilde
    NC30/Black Hair/Hazel eyes/Perfect Eyebrows

I'm nowhere near Cali, and I can't find a website for them other than their myspace page, which is sucky, by the way. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone there to see colors, prices and buy?

I have tried some of their shadows and yes they are very pigmented. They have a wide range of colours. However, I was playing with one of the pinks, a bright pink, and I got a little fall out on my cheek and when i went to brush it away it stayed! It didn't budge and so I looked like I had been crying!I tried to take it off with remover and it stayed all day. you could even see it through my foundation and I wear full coverage Dior ! I'm willing to try it again but I may put a layer of Vaseline under my eye cuz I don't think powder will be enough to protect me!
    You can never have TOO much make up!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
    I'm nowhere near Cali, and I can't find a website for them other than their myspace page, which is sucky, by the way. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone there to see colors, prices and buy?

I sent a message via myspace asking if there was any way to buy their products because I had been hearing great things but live in NH.

I can see that the message was "read", but they didn't reply.
    Love BLING? Check this out. www.mytouchstonecrystal.com/lauraj, a Member of Swarovski Group

i've bought a few neon colored eyeshadows, and like everyone has said before they are very bright. however almost all the bright colors have glitter in them. don't get me wrong, i love sparkly eyeshadow... but not all over my lid. and the color literally stains your lid. when u remove the eyeshadow, u are left with tinted lids? but i still wear them occasionally when i want a super bright eyeshadow. so due to my fascination to bright colors i will keep buying their eyeshadows
    oh, by the way i also bought their mineral shimmer powder in "fairy dust" and its super purdy!!! kinda like golden bronze w/a bit of silver dusk mixed together. i love it!! sometimes golden bronze loose shimmer powder is too dark and silver dusk is too light, this is perfect!
    and lastly i bought their illuminating foundation and i don't like it. the shade is funny and it doesn't blend well.

ok well that's my 2 cents on the subject.
    I'm the real life Hello Kitty,LOL!
    NC42/Dark Brn Eyes/ Purple Bangs

Oh man, I hope I can get my hands on Scandalous one of these days. It totally looks like MAC and they have a makeup school too! I did a search on google and saw the myspace and myspaces of the creator and some artists. I must say this cosmetic line is FIERCE just from what I see. I have a strong feeling this company is going to grow.

Look what I found:

OUCH!

As much as I love MAC, I'm open for any competition. Hey, if it's better, why not.
    - ITSLIZ89.COM - YOUTUBE/ITSLIZ89 -
    MAC NC30/ MUFE HD #120, MUFE mat velvet #40

Quote:
    Originally Posted by astronaut
    Oh man, I hope I can get my hands on Scandalous one of these days. It totally looks like MAC and they have a makeup school too! I did a search on google and saw the myspace and myspaces of the creator and some artists. I must say this cosmetic line is FIERCE just from what I see. I have a strong feeling this company is going to grow.

Look what I found:

OUCH!

As much as I love MAC, I'm open for any competition. Hey, if it's better, why not.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, LMAO!

By the way, Thanks, COBI! Keep us posted, please!

Hi ladies. I am going to LA next month...I have never been there. I noticed in the first post 2 malls have it...what stores may I find this product at? I'm going on a shopping spree when I'm out there and I am highly interested! Also, what is the price compared to MAC? Thanks in advance.
    Live each day as if it were your last because one day it will be.www.myspace.com/wiltingorchid

They are in my local mall, Stonewood Mall. They had a special where they sold 5 eyeshadows for $45..
    You can never have TOO much make up!

Scandalous Cosmetics Vs Mac

What's up b*tches?

I love make up and make up is my hobby and passion.I love Mac. I live in the city of Montebello. I was at my local Mall. It was a saturday afternoon, and I was on my way to Macy's. All of a sudden I saw this huge crowd that looked more like a mob around one kiosk. The crowd was so big that it literally took me 2 minutes to pass through it. I was curious and peeked. It was the Scandalous stand! I have seen so many make up lines at different malls (Mica bella , bellapierre, Roc, Ruby, all of them were crap!) all of them were owned by people that didnt know anything about make up and were there just to make a quick buck. But Scandalous for some reasons is different. Their salespersons looked more like passionate artists, their products were kept minimal, their music was avant gard, the kind of hard to find couture runway music, and the crowd loved it and was there for more. I asked one of the girls that was waiting, how long the waiting list was and she told me that it was 5 deep for each make up artists, and they had 6 of them fevershly doing makeovers, trying to please the voracious crowd. Honestly, I have never seen something like that even at a Mac counter. It was ridiculous and I wanted to know who were those black clad fierce couture looking b*tches! THey surely know how to put up a good show! So I went to Macy's and it was empty, Benefit had a couple of clients getting their eyebrows plucked, Origins, Dior, Shiseido, Chanel were deserted island and Mac was somewhat busy. I was wondering than, how could a small independent privately owned makeup line like Scandalous outshadow these giants corporate brand? I asked my friends if they knew anything about Scandalous and it seemed that all of them converted from Mac to Scandalous. Wtf?! So they told me about the line. I tried and borrowed some of their products. That's some solid sh*t. I aint gonna lie!!! The eyeshadows are better than Mac. They stay on your eyelids strong and long until you hit the sack at night! (Scandalous eyeshadows are triple pigmented, meaning that have 3 times more dye, and they sell for $10, Mac's eyeshadows are single pigmented and they sell for $14). My fav product from Scandalous is the Shadow Base. It's like a thick creamy powder that make your eyeshadows stand out and make them more saturated and make them stay even longer. I tried to buy the shadow base in 3 different occasions, but they were sold out all of those 3 times. So I asked them why they dont have inventory and the young lady with full sleeves tats said that they do get inventory but they sell out in 1-2 days!!! What the f*ck? I have seen some girls (my friends included) buying their products on a weekly basis. Their make up is addictive. I guess they sprinkle a little bit of crack on top of their loose shadows! lol
    Rumors say that they will have a first of a kind Makeup artist competition at their Studio sometimes in the near future. They have some kind of a studio in downtown LA, where all of their artists work on their craft and discuss arts,philosophy and history. Wow. That's like a cult!
    Will Scandalous ever be able to compete with the giants? with the Macy's lines across US? That's really though, it's a Napoleonic task, but as for now they might be winning a small battle in one remote mall here in Montebello.

I love Mac but I do favor the underdogs...so may the best line prevail.

ps. what's up with their webpage?
    someone should message them on myspace and tell them to shake a leg.
    I'm curious to see what these talented b*tches will come up with!!!

are these all over CA? i've never seen one. i live in san francisco.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sofabean
    are these all over CA? i've never seen one. i live in san francisco.

i dont think so.. they're in the stands you know the ones that sell like the 100$ straight iron.. or cell phones covers.. yeah those!

i've seen them at stone wood in downey, montebello mall... and some other ones but i forgot!

i've looked and asked them and such, they always ask what i use for eyeshadows and stuff and i say mac... and they're reply is "yeah, i tought so"

soo yeah that is what turns me off about them!

[quote=astronaut;1114839]

OUCH!

[quote]

i dont like to be judge mental or shit talker just not me! but seeing this and the way i've tried to approach and test out their makeup and they're quick remarks about me using MAC.. is just stupid when they're eyeshadows are the same designs as mac is! just my 2 cents

Yeah, the unprofessional sniping (i.e. balloons) is a bit of a turn-off. I mean it's kind of funny that you would try to confuse/mislead people with your branding (i.e. make it similar to MACs) and then scoff at MAC.

Let your quality sell your brand without putting down another brand. It's tacky and unprofessional (and insulting to the potential buyer) to put down what they are wearing.

Their response when I asked about where I can buy (I live in NH):
    "Laura thanks for the interest at the moment we are located in LA, but we are planning to expand. We are working on our webpage. And we will be selling our products online too soon.
    live.love.makeup."

From their myspace page, it would seem that they have stores, also, not just kiosks.
    Love BLING? Check this out. www.mytouchstonecrystal.com/lauraj, a Member of Swarovski Group

i have seen the stand in my local stonewood mall, and I always see people gathering there, I have met the creator of the line. I have tried to buy a shadow once but they were so0o busy that I just left lol but I will try next time :-)
    I Luv Make-up!

Wow Cobi
    I think that you guys are taking it too seriously, I like MAC and I like Scandalous Cosmetics as well. I have one of those stickers in the rear bumper of my honda civic.
    One thing I can't stand is ignorance though... just because a make up has black casing people associate it with MAC.... (mislead? confuse?) Cobi honey there are tons of make up brands that have been using black minimal casing before Mac was even born.... but ignorant people associate black with Mac...so what about lines like Nars and Smashbox?

I dont think that anybody is insulting you for using MAC. Mac has some good things as well as some bad things. Scandalous has some bad things as well as some good things. I actually switched from Mac to Scandalous since I started to wear their products. Scandalous is a raw line! They are small unpolished unprofessional and talented. It's a strange combo that could throw the average brainwashed customer that is victim of slick ads and polished stores off. I saw their myspace and I saw they wrote they are NOT professionals.... and I was shocked and messaged them why would you consider yourself NOT professional but amateur. They replied :
    " MistressNouir... we are not professionals, we are amateurs... professionals do it for the money, amateurs do it for the love of it... we live love breathe make up...so yes we are amateurs..."
    wow.... I kinda see what they are trying to say from my numerous messages... they are basically saying that they give more importance to the art form of make up rather than making a quick buck. I know that the carts and kiosks in the malls around the states are having a bad rap because of those jewish merchants that sell over priced items like straighteners, or creams and pillows. But they are a different breed! Scandalous is the craziest brand I have encountered so far! They have passion guts fashion style irreverence and above all the LOVE for make up.

I saw them at Montebello Mall and they had a Cirque du Soleil event... it was inspirational and it gave me goose bumps!!! I have never seen something like that in my life...even the people from Mac came to take pics...
    I'm not here defending Scandalous in any way or form, but I feel like they are trying to do something different, and they are challenging the status quo and pushing fashion forward! So hate it or love it... your choice but you can't deny who they are ....

ps. nyx...is some washed out cheap cultureless s*it and I just question the expertise of people that sell it!

"Yeah, the unprofessional sniping (i.e. balloons) is a bit of a turn-off. I mean it's kind of funny that you would try to confuse/mislead people with your branding (i.e. make it similar to MACs) and then scoff at MAC.

Let your quality sell your brand without putting down another brand. It's tacky and unprofessional (and insulting to the potential buyer) to put down what they are wearing.

"Laura thanks for the interest at the moment we are located in LA, but we are planning to expand. We are working on our webpage. And we will be selling our products online too soon.
    live.love.makeup."

From their myspace page, it would seem that they have stores, also, not just kiosks."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mistressnouir

ps. nyx...is some washed out cheap cultureless s*it and I just question the expertise of people that sell it!

Come on now... we can disagree on stuff, but don't you think it's out of pocket to attack a brand that many people use here, and personally attack someone who sells it? I think you read a bit much into COBI's response, and then went off on an emotional tangent. I'm sure she can defend herself, but please ladies, be civil.

ANYWAY, I'm still just here waiting, waiting for them to get it together so that I can give some of the products a test run w/o having to go to Cali.

Quote:
    Wow Cobi
    I think that you guys are taking it too seriously, I like MAC and I like Scandalous Cosmetics as well. I have one of those stickers in the rear bumper of my honda civic.
    One thing I can't stand is ignorance though... just because a make up has black casing people associate it with MAC.... (mislead? confuse?) Cobi honey there are tons of make up brands that have been using black minimal casing before Mac was even born.... but ignorant people associate black with Mac...so what about lines like Nars and Smashbox?

I dont think that anybody is insulting you for using MAC. Mac has some good things as well as some bad things. Scandalous has some bad things as well as some good things. I actually switched from Mac to Scandalous since I started to wear their products. Scandalous is a raw line! They are small unpolished unprofessional and talented. It's a strange combo that could throw the average brainwashed customer that is victim of slick ads and polished stores off. I saw their myspace and I saw they wrote they are NOT professionals.... and I was shocked and messaged them why would you consider yourself NOT professional but amateur. They replied :
    " MistressNouir... we are not professionals, we are amateurs... professionals do it for the money, amateurs do it for the love of it... we live love breathe make up...so yes we are amateurs..."
    wow.... I kinda see what they are trying to say from my numerous messages... they are basically saying that they give more importance to the art form of make up rather than making a quick buck. I know that the carts and kiosks in the malls around the states are having a bad rap because of those jewish merchants that sell over priced items like straighteners, or creams and pillows. But they are a different breed! Scandalous is the craziest brand I have encountered so far! They have passion guts fashion style irreverence and above all the LOVE for make up.

I saw them at Montebello Mall and they had a Cirque du Soleil event... it was inspirational and it gave me goose bumps!!! I have never seen something like that in my life...even the people from Mac came to take pics...
    I'm not here defending Scandalous in any way or form, but I feel like they are trying to do something different, and they are challenging the status quo and pushing fashion forward! So hate it or love it... your choice but you can't deny who they are ....

"Yeah, the unprofessional sniping (i.e. balloons) is a bit of a turn-off. I mean it's kind of funny that you would try to confuse/mislead people with your branding (i.e. make it similar to MACs) and then scoff at MAC.

live.love.makeup."

From their myspace page, it would seem that they have stores, also, not just kiosks."

I honestly don't even know what to say. I am not sure what prompted your personal attacks on me or bringing any religious stereotypes into it.

I have never seen Scandalous except for here on specktra and was simply responding to other posts that commented that Scandalous employees have scoffed at their use of MAC as well as the marketing (which I still think is unprofessional.) I still feel (my opinion) the balloon/bumper sticker, for example, and putting down other products is unprofessional. I have never heard these types of comments made when I've been in MAC.

I understand that many makeup companies use a minimalist approach; however, how many of them write "MAC" then cross it out and write their own name as a marketing tactic? Which I admit at first I laughed at, but when I reviewed it from a business POV, I developed a different lasting impression of it.

My full-time job is in executive management, so although you may have no respect for my selling NYX on the side, I do have experience and a level of expertise in management and marketing; and it is the truth that the majority of consumers do *not* want you to put down what the line that currently use. My comments were all based on marketing and business tactics; not one of my comments was based on whether Scandalous has a good or better product or not.

Please keep the thread civil. Should it continue to derail, it will be locked.

Thanks!

Quote:
    Wow Cobi

I dont think that anybody is insulting you for using MAC. Mac has some good things as well as some bad things. Scandalous has some bad things as well as some good things. I actually switched from Mac to Scandalous since I started to wear their products. Scandalous is a raw line! They are small unpolished unprofessional and talented. It's a strange combo that could throw the average brainwashed customer that is victim of slick ads and polished stores off.

Scandalous is the craziest brand I have encountered so far! They have passion guts fashion style irreverence and above all the LOVE for make up.

"

im sorry mistressnouir , but your contradicting yourself.. i can pin point every part but that would be pointless AND wouldnt solve anything! how can you not stand ignorance for comparing there shadow casing as for mac when you "have the same sticker from the balloon on your honda civic?" also i read every thing from your first post about this and well yeah.. like i said im not going to pin point!

and as for the last part about nyx sounds a bit well stupid on your part!
    i also agree with HeavenLeiBlu about questioning people who sell nyx
    maybe you are takeing it too seriously

now, im sure scandalous cosmetics has good makeup but i wouldnt know, hence that i have tried approaching them and atleast try their product on my part! but just little quick remarks will throw me off and think they are UNPROFESSIONAL in there part! AND i understand about you likeing their product and saying that they are potential competion with other brands but come on now.. nars, chanel, benefit,stila, urben decay, also drug store brands and sooo on all have competion with each other and all brands have products that are better quality and work better than others. and thats just what work better on others. not all products will work the same on everyone

and yes the prices are cheaper, and maybe their eyshadows are more pigmented, yes this brand is way better than this one or that one..

so to end this, im not against ANY ONE, ANY BRAND, ANY PRICE- and soo on
    but it is pointless to attack a person about an upcomming brand!

with that said... sorry for attacking you mistressnouir for your posts.. but i will correct someone for it!

IM DONE

I think the MAC balloons are bit childish, but I'm still very interested in their cosmetics LOL.

I can't seem to find their Myspace site, does anyone mind posting it for me Thanks!
    "Hand me my purse, will you, darling? A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick."

Thank ya very much Cobi!
    "Hand me my purse, will you, darling? A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick."

Wow...this is an animated debate indeed...
    Can we all get along ladies?
    I LOVE SCANDALOUS!!!!!
    I have one of those stickers myself. Actually the
    story behind the sticker is a long one. My friend's
    boyfriend's sister works there at Scandalous and she
    is the one that came up with the stickers, so the
    company didn't come up with that concept... it's more
    of an underground thing! What had happened is that
    when Scandalous first opened at Montebello they were
    attracting (and they still are attracting) a lot of
    attention, with their live manequinnes, some of the
    girls from mac start shopping at Scandalous, so the
    manager of Mac banned them from shopping at
    Scandalous! (talking about fascism uh?) So that didnt
    sit well with one of the girls from scandalous, and
    she designed and produced the stickers herself! So
    there you have it! that's the story behind the
    stickers!

Personally I had bad experiences with Mac myself. They
    tend to be snobby and they don't help you unless you
    look like u got money. Some of them don't even know
    that much about make up...so that's why I would rather
    go to people @ Scandalous....because they are
    considered gurus of make up! If you go to montebello
    ask for Priscilla, Alfredo or JosieBaby... they know
    their stuff! I wanted to take their classes but I
    didn't have the money... I know for a fact that some
    of the MAC workers went to their school! Uhmmm... they
    must be doing something right if it got to that point!

but again maybe Scandalous will be the next MAC or
    maybe they will disappear... que sera sera I guess...

the only bad thing about Scandalous is that they run
    out of products in 1-2 days....I don't understand why?
    I was looking for their shadow base for 1 month... I
    kid you not! and they tend to run out of it every
    week.... Once they were left with 1 shadow base and
    there were two older ladies that were fighting for it
    and they both wanted it and they started bidding for
    it....I wanted it to but I didnt want to get involved
    with that catfight over a shadow primer!
    ps. can someone help them put a website together? I've
    been waiting for months now!
    ps. I LOVE their music selection ( or remixes?) does anyone have a copy of their store cds?

wow...that's deep... I always considered myself or at least wanted to portray myself as a professional...but they are redifining the word professional... I might start calling myself amateur too... lol...

this is what I found at wikipedia
    "An amateur is generally considered a person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science, without formal training or pay.[1]... while a professional is someone who also makes a living from it. Translated from its French origin to the English "lover of", the term "amateur" reflects a voluntary motivation to work as a result of personal passion for a particular activity"

they do have a unique and outside the box philosophy!!!!

Okay, not to rehash old topics, but I totally thought Scandalous Cosmetics was made up until I got free lipglosses from a Torrid in Aurora. (I thought they were exclusively in Cali?) It seems so cult-y and bizarre to me that they don't have a website, and they have these strange trolls popping up and posting things that seem awfully like scripts. It really appeals to my conspiracy theorist side haha. Anybody find out anything else about this company? I friended them on myspace, but it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors essentially. I got two lipglosses, the saleslady who gave them to me said they were getting rid of them. One is a magenta and the other is an orangey-red. I can post pictures and swatches if anybody wants it. As of now, my opinion is that they are your standard run-of-the-mill colored lipgloss with a fruity/sweet scent.
    come with me my dance hall darlings
    we will put on floral print dresses and little
    red shoes
    and take the floor
    we will stagger like zombies to the very end

Were the lipglosses the only thing they were giving away?

Anyone else have any info?

Yup just the lipglosses. I've actually been using them a bit and they're pretty good. The packaging is really big and bulky, and I still prefer MAC, but I think I would try some other Scandalous cosmetics if they were available.
    come with me my dance hall darlings
    we will put on floral print dresses and little
    red shoes
    and take the floor
    we will stagger like zombies to the very end

I just found out about this makeup line today when I went to the montebello mall their eyeshadow is pigmented but it is cheaply made you can tell. Especially when eyeshadows are staining your lids!!!!! Downtown LA you can find the same eyeshadows for like $5 but again cheaply made. none of their products have the name scandolous on it except for the lipgloss and if you purchase a cheap o brush set that costs $89 You get your makeup done free for a whole year. Its not worth it in my opinion. My 2 cents.
    NC40-42 dark brown hair dark brown eyes

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast