Scandalous Cosmetics?

astronaut

Keep it coming!

michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

lipshock

I wonder how Miss Priscilla feels about being exposed the way she did. I still can't believe how she claimed to have come up with oh-so-original line from scratch. LMAO! I have to send love the Specktra and YouTube detectives because you all seriously blew it up, in a good way. =D

makeupisdivine

Please dont get me wrong.. but im really disappointed. I to be honest was never really into Scandalous..and i am not a die hard MAC fan, but everytime i went near one of the carts in the mall, i was really turned off.. I mean yes its pigmented but I thought being a new (at least i thought) brand that it would be one of those things where they were starting from the ground up and they put alot into (not just finding and teaching people how to do good makeup).. well long story short and i may be ........................ but i was disappointed when i found out they just buy it wholesale from a manufacturer (the same that alot of other small ''new'' businesses are buying them from and just slap a label on it and its their brand new totally different from the others makeup line....idk... maybe its just me and yeah its cheaper than mac and maybe im just venting because i found out another ''new'' makeup artist that started her own company buys from the same place and she made her line sound like it was actually her own and not a label... (currently regretting my latest cosmetic purchase)

makeupisdivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
^^ lol, I got that friend invite yesterday too! I was like really... I too can have my own line?

Thank ..i am not the only who is laughing at this.. they all buy from the same place.. You should buy it take off the sticker and put your on..why not.. it seems to be the fad now a days..
th_DANCE.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
lmao seriously!
the creators obviusly didn't think that one through.
what's next?
Donkey Punch Cosmetics
ChokeABitch Makeup

Sweet, Donkey Punch cosmetics! lol I would buy something just for a laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylynn
hey, i just got your message that sucks so bad! i never have a problem with the shadow base, i do about 15 makeovers a week, on clients with all different skin types and never once had a problem. i would hate for you to have to be dis-satisfied with this product. i recommend putting a small amount and patting your shadow on. if it still happens, the you could probably put ur udpp underneath this base so you wont have the creasing and sill have the magnet power so your shadow can come out vibrant. let me know what you think.

-priscilla.

Hmmm....your primer needs a primer? WTF? Does she realize how ridiculous that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoob85

"To eyeXluvXmakeup

This is regards this video we have had several complains from these cosmetic lines you have links to on this video. The Lady Burd link needs to be removed we don't sell to the public what so ever only to business.We are a manufacture but we don't sell to the public we sell in massive amounts.So this link needs to be removed at once or further actions will be taken.I will contact You Tube I was given a number of people doing this and I will get to it thanks.

Sincerely,
Paul Fuerguson"......

Grrr. "Paul" mad. "Paul" write mad letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
As if it wasn't before, it's now a free for all, guys!

??FOREVER GLAMOROUS COSMETICS?? | MySpace.com

Hmmm, selling your own cosmetics with MAC and other promo pics on your site. Not wise. EL has lots of lawyers. LOTS.

user79

omfg this is too funny.

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and "create" my own makeup line, lol.

They're all the same!!!

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Man, fuck all that. Ain't nobody doing all that damn work to get what's supposed to be a primer to do it's job... GTFOOHWTBS.

th_LMAO.gif
this made me spew wine out my nose!

lipshock

omg, this is just too, too much.

How many new cosmetic lines have cropped up now?

Ya'll better watch out!

I'm coming out with mine soon.

MAC_Whore

Good news, ladies and gents. My cat has decided to start his own line! He says that his primer doesn't crease. You don't even have to prime his primer with UDPP!

Here's his first promo pic:
Promopic.jpg

I told him he should go with a more supportive message, but he insists on complete creative control.

P to the S : Watch for his You Tube channel in the near future. He does great tuts.

(pic from icanhascheezburger.com)

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Good news, ladies and gents. My cat has decided to start his own line! He says that his primer doesn't crease. You don't even have to prime his primer with UDPP!

Here's his first promo pic:
Promopic.jpg

I told him he should go with a more supportive message, but he insists on complete creative control.

P to the S : Watch for his You Tube channel in the near future. He does great tuts.

(pic from icanhascheezburger.com)

What's the line called? Beat That Pussy Up Cosmetics?

spacegirl2007

wow. do these owners really think we will not figure out that its all the same crap!? i dont see the point of this at all.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
wow. do these owners really think we will not figure out that its all the same crap!? i dont see the point of this at all.

Apparently.

I swear they think we were born yesterday with the rain fall.

But the people at LADY BURD must be happy....
greengrin.gif

astronaut

macnoob85, it's great that you aren't backing down. That message was pathetic. It had poor grammer and not to mention that there is no wrong doing in pointing out a manufacturer. If Lady Bird wanted to be this secret private supplier, they wouldn't have a freaking website. Something about this looks very shady. I reckon that it could be someone who is a distributor of their cosmetics not liking the fact that the supplier has become public knowledge. Posing as someone you are not and representing another company... now that sounds illegal. I think Lady Burd should be aware that someone is posing as "Paul Fuerguson" using crappy grammar. So is Lady Burd run by a bunch of uneducated bumpkins? I smell lawsuit! Duhrama!
greengrin.gif

COBI

Where are all the people who were supporting Scandalous so strongly now?

I am even more shocked now at how aggressive (and even arrogant) their marketing was when it turns out to be just another private label on an easily available line (based on how many people are selling the same lines with their own private label).

I thought at least based on the tactics that Scandalous was a true start-up makeup company or at least I had given them the benefit of the doubt on that and not just reselling someone else's products.

Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Where are all the people who were supporting Scandalous so strongly now?

ugh i know, this has just been so fishy from the beginning, i would never buy anything from them, their products might be ok but i don't like the way they've done things, bashing another brand and then copy them blatantly??? bah, b*llshit

MacPinkFlamingo

Sweet baby Jesus!
specktra_rocks.gif
specktra_rocks.gif
specktra_rocks.gif
:spec ktrarocks:
specktra_rocks.gif

I LOVE you ladies! And while I am workin' the flattery I would like to introduce you to MY exclusive new line...

I-Sell-This-Shiz-so-I-Can-Buy-More-MAC Cosmetics*

We are a small private line similar to many others. Very similar.
winkiss.gif
We do not offer unique shades or exclusive products. We DO, however, use plenty of MAC in our You Tube tutorials (Thanks to your generous patronage!). You might be asking yourself, "Doesn't that seem shady perhaps even misleading?" How right, dear potential customer, you are! Our customers are always right and you will not find any statement from us claiming otherwise. In fact our base needs a base, our shadows need pre-staining for max color payoff, and our supplier's lawyer needs both legal advice and a working spell-checking feature for his computer. Please excuse these "growing pains" while our company is expanding at an unprecedented pace in a few mall kiosks and a dozen or so auctions on eBay. While our products are definitely not ours, your money will be soon enough and that makes you our top priority!​

*Note: Prices may vary. In fact they will most assuredly vary, as our products are only available for purchase at auctions. Some restrictions may apply, namely, you may only be able to wear one of our shadows due to our OUTRAGEOUS pigmentation they may permanently stain your lids. We look at that as a gift-with-purchase. Enjoy!

MacPinkFlamingo

P.S. I must say that the above post is just a joke AND is in no way meant to be taken seriously as a relevant criticism. Honestly, I would be really flattered if my tutorials were noticed enough that someone wanted me to have my own line of cosmetics. I think it would be hard to resist and we don't even know if they are told their same products are sold by other lines. I would not have known without some digging and you guys. Really the major thing these lines have in common, is not the product, but the exceptional talent being used to showcase them. I know when I saw these tutorials I went egg roll and wanted ALL the products. But that's the catch, its the application of the product and not the actual product that is unique and outstanding. I just wanted to give these artists a huge shout out because, save the whole product origin debate, I have learned so much about color combos and blending that its pushed me to practice new techniques. I could not be more interested in their tutorials no matter what brand/line/etc. they are using.

Latest posts