Scandalous Cosmetics?

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsoulgurl
officerJenny

Indonesia is still not Italy and honey France is out of the question. The only thing pseudo french is the writing on their packaging!

Mac get their eyelashes in Indonesia for .10 cents... sells it for $11 + tax

uhmmm.... I wonder how many things they mark up like that...

The power of advertising is incredible because even if confronted with reality the MAC client always tries to justify their choice! $11 eyelashes... over my dead body! that's my answer !

For someone who isn't affiliated with MAC, either, and who "only wants to learn about blending shadow", it's interesting that you know how much MAC pays for their lashes. Also, I've never heard that MAC lashes were made in "Italy" or "France"; they say clearly on the back that they are made in Indonesia. But if you knew about "private labeling" (when another company creates a product to put another company's labels on such as the lash site you provided), you would know that the buyer (in this case MAC or Urban Decay or Red Cherry or the others they list) can make different specifications regarding the quality of material and method construction used that can change the price. So, just because the lashes for Red Cherry and MAC are manufactured by the same company does NOT mean they are the same lashes.

Why are you so hung up on the lashes anyway? *Every* makeup company has a markup; they are businesses. Some people are willing to pay it and that's their choice. As an aside, many people here have pro cards and do not pay full price at MAC. However, those that do choose to, pay for the MAC lashes because they have proven themselves to hold up to reuse and be of a quality that people are willing to pay. I have inexpensive lashes, and I have MAC lashes, and there is a definite difference in their quality and durability. I am sorry if that is hard for you to believe.

For someone who just wants "to learn to blend eyeshadow", you really seem to have an ax to grind over MAC.

And still no one who "loves" this line has posted any product pics or swatches. This whole thread was started because someone wanted to know more about the products.

widdershins

I also would really like to see some swatches for Scandalous Cosmetics. I'm being completely sincere, newsoulgurl, but maybe you could go over to your friend's house (the one with the eyeshadows) and post pictures of the actual product and/or looks? That would be really nice.

MakeupMuffin

HOLY CRAP. I didn't think I would get a response! I still have not bought anything from Scandalous - yet, but it's funny my friend just called me today telling me that she had just bought an eye shadow and eyeliner from them. The eye shadow $10 and liner was $8. She also told them about me and how I needed a job and they told her to tell me to bring a resume. lol she's so sweet trying to find me a job.
Any way, I can't wait to see how it looks on her compared to other lines, not just MAC. And it's actually 7 eye shadows for $45, and you can get the primer as one of the 7. I played with the primer and I really liked it.

I work at the Downey Mall, but I live 5 minutes away from Montebello and when Scandalous started they were only at Montebello and they did have a store space but only lasted there for a few months. The rent was probably too much. I'm really excited that a person so young has started from what a hear to be a good makeup line. I love makeup and could only wish I could be so ballsy to create a makeup line and school. I really do hope that they expand and I think they will. As for them bashing MAC, I have never had any of the employees tell me any thing bad about MAC and I'm at a Scandalous chatting almost weekly!!

And also the packaging is cheap but I guess that's where they save their money. I had no idea this would be such a heated debate. Oh and I also wonder if that primer would help to keep the lids from getting stained? I'm going to ask around.

MakeupMuffin

Oh and their brush set is like $80 but you get your makeup done free for a year and this has not been good for my business! All the young girls in HS and even girls in their 20s are doing this. I was going to do this sweet 15 party, like 3 or 4 girls and when I called to confirm she said that they were getting it done at Scandalous with the makeup brush set thing. I wanted to say, do you want to look like a clown? Nothing against them but I've never seen them do the natural look. I guess I'm just hating. But even my BF's sister wanted to buy the set to get her makeup done free and I do her makeup free! I talked her out of it. lol

newsoulgurl

Attachment 6620

Attachment 6621

Hey I couldn't get any pics of the Scandalous Make up, but I have yanked a couple of pictures of Priscilla with the scandalous make up. (I hope they won't get angry at me for this)

The reason why they closed down the Scandalous Store at Montebello was because Zales bought that location out! Right now for what I know, at montebello they have opened a store downstairs by Macy's and they do have a kiosk as well. I haven't been to the store yet!

MakeupMuffin, if you want to see a show you should go to the Scandalous in MOntebello on a saturday afternoon. They do draw a huge crowd and they look like they all stepped out a runway!

I heard that they will remodel their location at Stonewood and move it near the food court. the new location will be bigger and will have a backstage/studio theme and will have new fixtures and possibly even more products with guest make up artists.

But let me stop giving these inside infos before someone from this forum would think that I work for them!

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
Can you take any pictures of your Scandalous makeup, particularly the eyeshadows?

Yes, I'm curious about this too.

I have seen lots of pics of the makeup on people but I'd like to see some pics of the products themselves. Thanks!

ZMontero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeupMuffin
Oh and their brush set is like $80 but you get your makeup done free for a year and this has not been good for my business! All the young girls in HS and even girls in their 20s are doing this. I was going to do this sweet 15 party, like 3 or 4 girls and when I called to confirm she said that they were getting it done at Scandalous with the makeup brush set thing. I wanted to say, do you want to look like a clown? Nothing against them but I've never seen them do the natural look. I guess I'm just hating. But even my BF's sister wanted to buy the set to get her makeup done free and I do her makeup free! I talked her out of it. lol

Well... today i asked a scandalous MUA to do a natural makeover for me... and surprisingly it was natural!

this is a picture of my eye makeup with their eyeshadows. very pigmented but still natural.
cimg9469ic5.jpg

this is a picture of my eye makeup that i did myself with the spiced chocolate quad. this is my definition of "natural eyemakeup"
photo138nr3.jpg

so comparing the two, i say they're both pretty neutral. i like scandalous cosmetics very much. their foundation gives a lot of coverage. someone said that their lipgloss is like some lipgloss you can buy at a drug store, and that may be true. i'm not a big fan of their lipgloss. i'll stick to my nars lipgloss and mac lipglass. i'm still young to go bold with my eyemakeup (that's why i stick to neutral colors), but once i think i'm mature enough to pull off bold looks, i'll most def buy scandalous eyeshadows!

smexiebinks

I wish I could try some SCANDALOUS products.
I like Nyx, pretty harsh for someone to say something like that, I personally love their eyeliners and eye shadows.

Mac (the actual cosmetics ) rock and I don't think they have much to worry about. Competition is great, but MAC has been around. I don't live in cali, and after reading the thread---if someone doesn't respond to an email but reads it- in my opinion that is rude. I would like to know where I can buy the SCANDALOUS cosmetics so that I can either spread the word or not say anything at all. However, I would at least like to try it
smiles.gif

That is my two cents in the matter.

ktforthewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
Man, I wish they'd get a website :[
I'm really interested in trying their products.

me too! and just to clarify, im pretty damn sure at least one of their artists uses mac. not while working, obv, but they do own it and use it personally. not everything from mac is amazing, and i assume scandalous has their faults also. and it kinda pisses me off that people are knocking the brand because of the staining on the lid. some mac products stain, and if people dont know how to use a base properly, that is their own damn fault. and i havent even tried scandalous.

IDontKnowMomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
That primer looks good, and so does the shadow! It looks sooo shimmery.
drools.gif

I knowwww! I'm going crazy thinking about it. That youtubers makeup looks ridiculously good in all of her vids, and she's obviously a strict Scandalous user. I'm so excited to try out their products
yahoo.gif

~*Starlicious*~

This is nice and I love her MU. However, it looks like she didn't put on as much product w/ the other 2 (UDPP & MAC). Look at it again.

I wish them the best of luck and I'll probably order something. However, cut all negativity out and let the product speak for itself.

glitterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
YouTube - THE BEST EYESHADOW PRIMER IN THE WORLD - SCANDALOUS COSMETICS

In that video she says that they will be selling on eBay soon.
I'm excited to see what they have to offer 8D

ok here goes my little opinion on this topic please don't throw things at me.
I've been to their kiosk at the Lynwood Market Place & to be honest I think their eyeshadows are not good at all. The only reason u need their thick white eyeshadow base is b/c their ES are sooo dry! IMO they are really hard to work with. They stain everything from ur skin-to ur brushes. They are bright, but not worth the trouble to use IMO. There are many way better quality products/brands out there that offer great pigmentation than this line.
And it's funny to me that the girl on the video is the is always claiming how great & better her products are compared to others esp. MAC & she just so happens to be the owner of that makeup line, a little bias hmmm?
th_dunno.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Starlicious*~
This is nice and I love her MU. However, it looks like she didn't put on as much product w/ the other 2 (UDPP & MAC). Look at it again.

I wish them the best of luck and I'll probably order something. However, cut all negativity out and let the product speak for itself.

I noticed the same thing, as well as her re-applying the primers and shadow over the shadow already on her hand, probably in the same manner that she did her little slight of hand on camera. So, I dunno.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I noticed the same thing, as well as her re-applying the primers and shadow over the shadow already on her hand, probably in the same manner that she did her little slight of hand on camera. So, I dunno.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this as well. I'm subscribed to her on YT but I think she should've used bases of the same texture and consistency, as well as colour. Using a pure white base is of course going to make the colour come out more vibrant than if you were to use a glitter-loaded, beige cream shadow or the "translucent" product of the UDPP.
shrugs.gif

Latest posts