Scandalous Cosmetics?

MakeupMuffin

Hello peeps,
I'm just curious if any one has tried Scandalous Cosmetics. I've seen them at Downey Mall, and Montebello Mall, but never went in or bought anything. I know it's a new line and maybe a future competitor to MAC?? I heard that it's cheaper and have more pigmented and vibrant eyeshadows.

Sikfrmthemirror

Ive heard of them. Ive tried a bit of their product out. I even put in an application and they got back to me in like less then 24 hours. It was all very exciting until they never called me back after leaving a message on their voicemail,
ssad.gif
but yeah I hear their make up is highly pigmented and they have a wide variety of things to choose from I think its kinda neat. Girls are like giving up on mac for this line. I havent bought anything but Im thinking about trying out a duo powder or something.

HeavenLeiBlu

I'm nowhere near Cali, and I can't find a website for them other than their myspace page, which is sucky, by the way. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone there to see colors, prices and buy?

Renee

I have tried some of their shadows and yes they are very pigmented. They have a wide range of colours. However, I was playing with one of the pinks, a bright pink, and I got a little fall out on my cheek and when i went to brush it away it stayed! It didn't budge and so I looked like I had been crying!I tried to take it off with remover and it stayed all day. you could even see it through my foundation and I wear full coverage Dior ! I'm willing to try it again but I may put a layer of Vaseline under my eye cuz I don't think powder will be enough to protect me!

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I'm nowhere near Cali, and I can't find a website for them other than their myspace page, which is sucky, by the way. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone there to see colors, prices and buy?

I sent a message via myspace asking if there was any way to buy their products because I had been hearing great things but live in NH.

I can see that the message was "read", but they didn't reply.
th_dunno.gif

glamourgirl216

i've bought a few neon colored eyeshadows, and like everyone has said before they are very bright. however almost all the bright colors have glitter in them. don't get me wrong, i love sparkly eyeshadow... but not all over my lid. and the color literally stains your lid. when u remove the eyeshadow, u are left with tinted lids? but i still wear them occasionally when i want a super bright eyeshadow. so due to my fascination to bright colors i will keep buying their eyeshadows
winks.gif

oh, by the way i also bought their mineral shimmer powder in "fairy dust" and its super purdy!!! kinda like golden bronze w/a bit of silver dusk mixed together. i love it!! sometimes golden bronze loose shimmer powder is too dark and silver dusk is too light, this is perfect!
and lastly i bought their illuminating foundation and i don't like it. the shade is funny and it doesn't blend well.

ok well that's my 2 cents on the subject.

astronaut

Oh man, I hope I can get my hands on Scandalous one of these days. It totally looks like MAC and they have a makeup school too! I did a search on google and saw the myspace and myspaces of the creator and some artists. I must say this cosmetic line is FIERCE just from what I see. I have a strong feeling this company is going to grow.

Look what I found:

l_5a1fbefab18e51935642c11c3ccefa7b.jpg

OUCH!

As much as I love MAC, I'm open for any competition. Hey, if it's better, why not.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Oh man, I hope I can get my hands on Scandalous one of these days. It totally looks like MAC and they have a makeup school too! I did a search on google and saw the myspace and myspaces of the creator and some artists. I must say this cosmetic line is FIERCE just from what I see. I have a strong feeling this company is going to grow.

Look what I found:

l_5a1fbefab18e51935642c11c3ccefa7b.jpg

OUCH!

As much as I love MAC, I'm open for any competition. Hey, if it's better, why not.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, LMAO!

By the way, Thanks, COBI! Keep us posted, please!

Obreathemykiss

Hi ladies. I am going to LA next month...I have never been there. I noticed in the first post 2 malls have it...what stores may I find this product at? I'm going on a shopping spree when I'm out there and I am highly interested! Also, what is the price compared to MAC? Thanks in advance.

Renee

They are in my local mall, Stonewood Mall. They had a special where they sold 5 eyeshadows for $45..

mistressnouir

Scandalous Cosmetics Vs Mac

What's up b*tches?

I love make up and make up is my hobby and passion.I love Mac. I live in the city of Montebello. I was at my local Mall. It was a saturday afternoon, and I was on my way to Macy's. All of a sudden I saw this huge crowd that looked more like a mob around one kiosk. The crowd was so big that it literally took me 2 minutes to pass through it. I was curious and peeked. It was the Scandalous stand! I have seen so many make up lines at different malls (Mica bella , bellapierre, Roc, Ruby, all of them were crap!) all of them were owned by people that didnt know anything about make up and were there just to make a quick buck. But Scandalous for some reasons is different. Their salespersons looked more like passionate artists, their products were kept minimal, their music was avant gard, the kind of hard to find couture runway music, and the crowd loved it and was there for more. I asked one of the girls that was waiting, how long the waiting list was and she told me that it was 5 deep for each make up artists, and they had 6 of them fevershly doing makeovers, trying to please the voracious crowd. Honestly, I have never seen something like that even at a Mac counter. It was ridiculous and I wanted to know who were those black clad fierce couture looking b*tches! THey surely know how to put up a good show! So I went to Macy's and it was empty, Benefit had a couple of clients getting their eyebrows plucked, Origins, Dior, Shiseido, Chanel were deserted island and Mac was somewhat busy. I was wondering than, how could a small independent privately owned makeup line like Scandalous outshadow these giants corporate brand? I asked my friends if they knew anything about Scandalous and it seemed that all of them converted from Mac to Scandalous. Wtf?! So they told me about the line. I tried and borrowed some of their products. That's some solid sh*t. I aint gonna lie!!! The eyeshadows are better than Mac. They stay on your eyelids strong and long until you hit the sack at night! (Scandalous eyeshadows are triple pigmented, meaning that have 3 times more dye, and they sell for $10, Mac's eyeshadows are single pigmented and they sell for $14). My fav product from Scandalous is the Shadow Base. It's like a thick creamy powder that make your eyeshadows stand out and make them more saturated and make them stay even longer. I tried to buy the shadow base in 3 different occasions, but they were sold out all of those 3 times. So I asked them why they dont have inventory and the young lady with full sleeves tats said that they do get inventory but they sell out in 1-2 days!!! What the f*ck? I have seen some girls (my friends included) buying their products on a weekly basis. Their make up is addictive. I guess they sprinkle a little bit of crack on top of their loose shadows! lol
Rumors say that they will have a first of a kind Makeup artist competition at their Studio sometimes in the near future. They have some kind of a studio in downtown LA, where all of their artists work on their craft and discuss arts,philosophy and history. Wow. That's like a cult!
Will Scandalous ever be able to compete with the giants? with the Macy's lines across US? That's really though, it's a Napoleonic task, but as for now they might be winning a small battle in one remote mall here in Montebello.

I love Mac but I do favor the underdogs...so may the best line prevail.

ps. what's up with their webpage?
someone should message them on myspace and tell them to shake a leg.
I'm curious to see what these talented b*tches will come up with!!!

LAW0MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofabean
are these all over CA? i've never seen one. i live in san francisco.

i dont think so.. they're in the stands you know the ones that sell like the 100$ straight iron.. or cell phones covers.. yeah those!

i've seen them at stone wood in downey, montebello mall... and some other ones but i forgot!

i've looked and asked them and such, they always ask what i use for eyeshadows and stuff and i say mac... and they're reply is "yeah, i tought so"

soo yeah that is what turns me off about them!

COBI

Yeah, the unprofessional sniping (i.e. balloons) is a bit of a turn-off. I mean it's kind of funny that you would try to confuse/mislead people with your branding (i.e. make it similar to MACs) and then scoff at MAC.

Let your quality sell your brand without putting down another brand. It's tacky and unprofessional (and insulting to the potential buyer) to put down what they are wearing.

Their response when I asked about where I can buy (I live in NH):
"Laura thanks for the interest at the moment we are located in LA, but we are planning to expand. We are working on our webpage. And we will be selling our products online too soon.
live.love.makeup."

From their myspace page, it would seem that they have stores, also, not just kiosks.

daisyv316

i have seen the stand in my local stonewood mall, and I always see people gathering there, I have met the creator of the line. I have tried to buy a shadow once but they were so0o busy that I just left lol but I will try next time :)

mistressnouir

Wow Cobi
I think that you guys are taking it too seriously, I like MAC and I like Scandalous Cosmetics as well. I have one of those stickers in the rear bumper of my honda civic.
One thing I can't stand is ignorance though... just because a make up has black casing people associate it with MAC.... (mislead? confuse?) Cobi honey there are tons of make up brands that have been using black minimal casing before Mac was even born.... but ignorant people associate black with Mac...so what about lines like Nars and Smashbox?

I dont think that anybody is insulting you for using MAC. Mac has some good things as well as some bad things. Scandalous has some bad things as well as some good things. I actually switched from Mac to Scandalous since I started to wear their products. Scandalous is a raw line! They are small unpolished unprofessional and talented. It's a strange combo that could throw the average brainwashed customer that is victim of slick ads and polished stores off. I saw their myspace and I saw they wrote they are NOT professionals.... and I was shocked and messaged them why would you consider yourself NOT professional but amateur. They replied :
" MistressNouir... we are not professionals, we are amateurs... professionals do it for the money, amateurs do it for the love of it... we live love breathe make up...so yes we are amateurs..."
wow.... I kinda see what they are trying to say from my numerous messages... they are basically saying that they give more importance to the art form of make up rather than making a quick buck. I know that the carts and kiosks in the malls around the states are having a bad rap because of those jewish merchants that sell over priced items like straighteners, or creams and pillows. But they are a different breed! Scandalous is the craziest brand I have encountered so far! They have passion guts fashion style irreverence and above all the LOVE for make up.

I saw them at Montebello Mall and they had a Cirque du Soleil event... it was inspirational and it gave me goose bumps!!! I have never seen something like that in my life...even the people from Mac came to take pics...
I'm not here defending Scandalous in any way or form, but I feel like they are trying to do something different, and they are challenging the status quo and pushing fashion forward! So hate it or love it... your choice but you can't deny who they are ....

ps. nyx...is some washed out cheap cultureless s*it and I just question the expertise of people that sell it!

"Yeah, the unprofessional sniping (i.e. balloons) is a bit of a turn-off. I mean it's kind of funny that you would try to confuse/mislead people with your branding (i.e. make it similar to MACs) and then scoff at MAC.

Let your quality sell your brand without putting down another brand. It's tacky and unprofessional (and insulting to the potential buyer) to put down what they are wearing.

"Laura thanks for the interest at the moment we are located in LA, but we are planning to expand. We are working on our webpage. And we will be selling our products online too soon.
live.love.makeup."

From their myspace page, it would seem that they have stores, also, not just kiosks."

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressnouir

ps. nyx...is some washed out cheap cultureless s*it and I just question the expertise of people that sell it!

Come on now... we can disagree on stuff, but don't you think it's out of pocket to attack a brand that many people use here, and personally attack someone who sells it? I think you read a bit much into COBI's response, and then went off on an emotional tangent. I'm sure she can defend herself, but please ladies, be civil.

ANYWAY, I'm still just here waiting, waiting for them to get it together so that I can give some of the products a test run w/o having to go to Cali.
ohboy.gif

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressnouir
Wow Cobi
I think that you guys are taking it too seriously, I like MAC and I like Scandalous Cosmetics as well. I have one of those stickers in the rear bumper of my honda civic.
One thing I can't stand is ignorance though... just because a make up has black casing people associate it with MAC.... (mislead? confuse?) Cobi honey there are tons of make up brands that have been using black minimal casing before Mac was even born.... but ignorant people associate black with Mac...so what about lines like Nars and Smashbox?

I dont think that anybody is insulting you for using MAC. Mac has some good things as well as some bad things. Scandalous has some bad things as well as some good things. I actually switched from Mac to Scandalous since I started to wear their products. Scandalous is a raw line! They are small unpolished unprofessional and talented. It's a strange combo that could throw the average brainwashed customer that is victim of slick ads and polished stores off. I saw their myspace and I saw they wrote they are NOT professionals.... and I was shocked and messaged them why would you consider yourself NOT professional but amateur. They replied :
" MistressNouir... we are not professionals, we are amateurs... professionals do it for the money, amateurs do it for the love of it... we live love breathe make up...so yes we are amateurs..."
wow.... I kinda see what they are trying to say from my numerous messages... they are basically saying that they give more importance to the art form of make up rather than making a quick buck. I know that the carts and kiosks in the malls around the states are having a bad rap because of those jewish merchants that sell over priced items like straighteners, or creams and pillows. But they are a different breed! Scandalous is the craziest brand I have encountered so far! They have passion guts fashion style irreverence and above all the LOVE for make up.

I saw them at Montebello Mall and they had a Cirque du Soleil event... it was inspirational and it gave me goose bumps!!! I have never seen something like that in my life...even the people from Mac came to take pics...
I'm not here defending Scandalous in any way or form, but I feel like they are trying to do something different, and they are challenging the status quo and pushing fashion forward! So hate it or love it... your choice but you can't deny who they are ....

"Yeah, the unprofessional sniping (i.e. balloons) is a bit of a turn-off. I mean it's kind of funny that you would try to confuse/mislead people with your branding (i.e. make it similar to MACs) and then scoff at MAC.

live.love.makeup."

From their myspace page, it would seem that they have stores, also, not just kiosks."

I honestly don't even know what to say. I am not sure what prompted your personal attacks on me or bringing any religious stereotypes into it.

I have never seen Scandalous except for here on specktra and was simply responding to other posts that commented that Scandalous employees have scoffed at their use of MAC as well as the marketing (which I still think is unprofessional.) I still feel (my opinion) the balloon/bumper sticker, for example, and putting down other products is unprofessional. I have never heard these types of comments made when I've been in MAC.

I understand that many makeup companies use a minimalist approach; however, how many of them write "MAC" then cross it out and write their own name as a marketing tactic? Which I admit at first I laughed at, but when I reviewed it from a business POV, I developed a different lasting impression of it.

My full-time job is in executive management, so although you may have no respect for my selling NYX on the side, I do have experience and a level of expertise in management and marketing; and it is the truth that the majority of consumers do *not* want you to put down what the line that currently use. My comments were all based on marketing and business tactics; not one of my comments was based on whether Scandalous has a good or better product or not.

Latest posts