Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

laurennnxox

The blush packaging looks like something you'd find at the dollar store, and all the reviews I saw say that the blushes are powdery and poor quality :club:

Hmm yeah, the packaging is kinda lame I agree. But I used Piaf/Poe the other day and really liked it! Obviously not like a Tom Ford Blush by any means, but I still think I'll pick up another. I think of it as 3 blushes for $25. The left shade, right shade, and mixed together. Not a bad deal!

Heidi K

I was going to order one or two of the blushes until I read Temptalia's review. She was not impressed. I figured I should wait until they come out in a store near me. I've never been huge into blush anyway.

SleepingBeauty

I got my very first goodies from Kat von D yesterday and I'm super impressed. :eek: I ordered the Shade & Light Eyeshadow Palette, Lolita, and Double Dare, and I've been loving every single item. Especially the palette is a great deal. The colours are buttery und very good pigmented. I love the the liquid lipsticks as well but - as they are my very first liquid lipsticks - I'm a beginner when it comes to applying them. I think I need to work with a lipliner from now on because I cannot seem to not mess up my lip contour, especially the cupid's bow. They are a bit drying, though.
I don't know which ones to buy next? I can't swatch them, someone is nice enough to CP them for me, so I have to rely on swatches. I'm thinking of Mother and Lovesick? I'm very pale and blonde; do you have any suggestions? :bowdown:

DMcG9

I got my very first goodies from Kat von D yesterday and I'm super impressed. :eek: I ordered the Shade & Light Eyeshadow Palette, Lolita, and Double Dare, and I've been loving every single item. Especially the palette is a great deal. The colours are buttery und very good pigmented. I love the the liquid lipsticks as well but - as they are my very first liquid lipsticks - I'm a beginner when it comes to applying them. I think I need to work with a lipliner from now on because I cannot seem to not mess up my lip contour, especially the cupid's bow. They are a bit drying, though.
I don't know which ones to buy next? I can't swatch them, someone is nice enough to CP them for me, so I have to rely on swatches. I'm thinking of Mother and Lovesick? I'm very pale and blonde; do you have any suggestions? :bowdown:

I think you'd love Lovesick and Mother. I have Lovesick and I've been trying to get Mother for months. I can find the sampler in stores but never the actual product, but this is an issue for Sephora in Canada. It's in stock in the US.
Anyhow, if you also like darker colours, I'd recommend Bauhau5 which is a really beautiful raspberry reddish-pink.

SleepingBeauty

I think you'd love Lovesick and Mother. I have Lovesick and I've been trying to get Mother for months. I can find the sampler in stores but never the actual product, but this is an issue for Sephora in Canada. It's in stock in the US.
Anyhow, if you also like darker colours, I'd recommend Bauhau5 which is a really beautiful raspberry reddish-pink.

Mother is one of my faves! I definitely think you would like that one :D

Thanks, girls! :eek: I decided on Mother, Bow 'n' Arrow, and Requiem. Nikkietutorials always mixes Bow 'n' Arrow and Requiem and it looks great.

laurennnxox

Thanks, girls! :eek: I decided on Mother, Bow 'n' Arrow, and Requiem. Nikkietutorials always mixes Bow 'n' Arrow and Requiem and it looks great.

YES! Mixing BNA and Requiem is an awesome combo. I did it the other day after seeing Nikkie do it on her channel a while back. I got sooo many compliments on my lip color that day!

leonah

I think the lipcolor she gets with the two mixed looks a lot like stila's baci. both gorgeous anyway :)

slowlikehoney

Looks like they removed the blush duos from the Sephora website. I can't find them. Maybe they're going to be re-formulated? Who knows. I do already have Piaf + Poe, though, and I love it.

sullenxriot182

I am anxiously awaiting those twist-up primers and the shade + light quads! Trying to talk myself out of getting all four because I really don't need them all, but ughhh. For some reason I can't help myself when it comes to this makeup line lmao

boschicka

Looks like they removed the blush duos from the Sephora website. I can't find them. Maybe they're going to be re-formulated? Who knows. I do already have Piaf + Poe, though, and I love it.

Interesting. Wonder if something will be posted about it officially. I have two of them and I can understand the drama about them. They don't swatch well, but I do really like them on my cheeks and they last all day, which is something most blushes don't do for me. I have the two darkest colors, so I like that the lighter shade is right there for the times I go a little heavy-handed, I can lighten it up easily. I don't actually "shade + light" with them though.

laurennnxox

I just hope that sephora doesn't give me a problem with returning mine. I lost my receipt and now they're completely off the site and off "my purchases" page. Mine are not great at all. But weirdly, the tester in my local SiJCP for piaf/poe was reallllyyy nice.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just hope that sephora doesn't give me a problem with returning mine. I lost my receipt and now they're completely off the site and off "my purchases" page. Mine are not great at all. But weirdly, the tester in my local SiJCP for piaf/poe was reallllyyy nice.

Assuming you're a VIB member, they can track the sale through your card, so it shouldn't be a problem. I get the feeling they've had to deal with a lot of returns on these.

I I hope that the brand reformulates these, because the colour combinations look really nice. I was quite excited before the reviews started coming out

Sabrunka

I FINALLY swatched the blushes in store this past weekend and omg.. They were so chalky and nasty. And the packaging is so bad :( Ughhhh... I feel like KVD really isn't that great other than their liquid lippies and contour powders.

MaryJane

I FINALLY swatched the blushes in store this past weekend and omg.. They were so chalky and nasty. And the packaging is so bad :( Ughhhh... I feel like KVD really isn't that great other than their liquid lippies and contour powders.

I have several of her eyeshadow palettes and really like them. Especially the Shade & Light Eye Palette

Latest posts