Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

Prettypackages

After years of making excuses for, and rationalizing Jeffree's inappropriate behavior (including, promoting drug use, racism, and bullying) ------see she lost me here. some things can't and shouldn't be rationalized.

Last edited:

sullenxriot182

My honest opinion is they're both being idiots and I have been the biggest fan of Kat's for years. This was something that could have been solved between the parties involved and didn't have to be blown up like this. That guy BJ doesn't seem to want to be associated with this at all, and I don't blame him!

KiKi Kontour

Hey laydeeeeez!!!! I'm lurking a lot since the new (not so new) format lol but I wanted to step in n speak my 3 cents haha. I haven't really been press to see em go back n forth but it's been such a topic of debate since it came out. Since BEFORE Jeff dropped his lippies I've followed him n quietly peeped comments n whispers here n there on his behavior n racist-ness. Fast forward....I listened to his response yesterday n find it interesting how his story is so victim-ish: he put his life savings into his brand n etc and she didn't keep her word on investing in him n blah blah blah!! All his struggles could very well be true BUT for me it's just hard to believe certain things when he's always put out this fancy luxury of life type living n style to the masses n better than attitude from the jump. Soooo you dumped ur life savings into ur lippies yet cruising round n ur drop top beamer wit a chanel bag on ur shoulder eeeeeh!!! mmmm ok!!!

I didn't even entertain whatever the slight beef was wit him n shayla either but despite what I've heard about him or seen it's not that I don't support him per say but I have no desire to run out n grab his products (that's not supporting right lol) KVD on the other hand I looooove her and I also think she was wrong for putting their business n issues to the forefront knowing her brand n platform is bigger than his. Don't tell me u were besties wit this fool n excused his "inappropriate behavior" for years, selling US his Jeffery shade n all if u knew he was such this bad person u tellin us about now!! GIRL BYE!! I am unable to can with both of em and it's just childish that 2 business persons have a fallout for us to judge, watch n laugh at smh!! Honeychiiiiiiiiiiiild this is just tew much!!! I hope they make amends n move forward cuz I don't need no bad energy n vibes into these new lip shades she makin lol. anybody used his highlighters? #EndRant

leonah

yeah I'm getting real tired of all these z-type celebs turned makeup brand. sigh I'll try to stick with YSL, mac, BB, etc that is professional brands foremost. but I still want his gemini lippie though and like both formulas. I still like KvD but agree that she didn't need to put this on blast for the whole makeup world to see..

shontay07108

KVD has her own issues, but I don't mind at all that she put him on blast publicly. He's been allowed to go undercover for too long. So much so that not even I, someone who is actually plugged into the internet and what people are talking about, knew his actual story. I thought his past was just a bunch of misunderstandings or maybe he's grown up since then. Nope. He's trash and now a lot of other people know it and can be informed when deciding whether or not to buy from him again. I know I won't. I have one of his lipsticks and it's nothing special. I like the lip scrub, but not enough to give him my money for it again. I'll use it up and that'll be that.

squirtlesquad54

I love Kat. Ever since I saw her on Miami Ink I was obsessed and have been collecting her makeup from the very beginning of her line, but I honestly feel like she should not have said anything. As much as she does not want to be portrayed as a negative person, that's all her video, comments, and tweets have shown. It's expected from Jeffrey Star, but not Kat. It's not that I want to place her on a pedestule, because I know we're all human, but I always did think and expect more of her.

sullenxriot182

I love Kat. Ever since I saw her on Miami Ink I was obsessed and have been collecting her makeup from the very beginning of her line, but I honestly feel like she should not have said anything. As much as she does not want to be portrayed as a negative person, that's all her video, comments, and tweets have shown. It's expected from Jeffrey Star, but not Kat. It's not that I want to place her on a pedestule, because I know we're all human, but I always did think and expect more of her.

That's exactly how I feel. I've been a fan of hers for ages, even met her and she was super nice to all her fans, but that was definitely something she didn't need to make a video about/post on Instagram the way she did. Like you said, that kind of stuff is expected from Jeffree because he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, but I didn't really expect her to be one to do something like that.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I was told at Sephora that the KVD Lock-It Foundation will be adding some additional shades, which includes something in the Medium 50's (53 or 54 - I forget) with a cool undertone. I've called Sephora and Kat Von D Beauty and no one seems to have an answer when it will launch. If anyone has an approximate launch date, please let me know. I need foundation desperately and may have to buy something in the interim. Thanks! :cool:

squirtlesquad54

I kicked myself a couple of months ago for not going to tj maxx to look for those duo blushes after someone posted that they saw them there, but I just found Bonnie and Clyde there the other day- and surprisingly in perfect condition. Maybe some of you can still find them at your store too. It would have been cool to find other shades, but it was the only one.

image.jpg

Janice

I was told at Sephora that the KVD Lock-It Foundation will be adding some additional shades, which includes something in the Medium 50's (53 or 54 - I forget) with a cool undertone. I've called Sephora and Kat Von D Beauty and no one seems to have an answer when it will launch. If anyone has an approximate launch date, please let me know. I need foundation desperately and may have to buy something in the interim. Thanks! :cool:

Dawn the shade extensions launched late last month on Sephora and kvd.com - what color were you looking for? I will ask about the shades you mentioned as well.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Dawn the shade extensions launched late last month on Sephora and kvd.com - what color were you looking for? I will ask about the shades you mentioned as well.

Sephora showed me a color wheel, which had some additional colors that they will be releasing, but it wasn't clear when they'd get them. There was a 54 or 53 Medium that had cool undertones. The 54 Medium is a bit off on me.

Dolly Snow

The new KVD foundation shades are launching in the fall. Currently, kvd has 19 shades, last month the new design was brought forward and is now selling.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
The new KVD foundation shades are launching in the fall. Currently, kvd has 19 shades, last month the new design was brought forward and is now selling.

Thanks Dolly! I'll probably have the new Hourglass Foundation stick used up by then. =)

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
How do you like the stick?

Sephora sanitized one of them and swiped it on some sponges, so I could try it at home. I really liked it, so I ordered the foundation and brush. It is a full coverage foundation if that is what you are looking for. I watched quite a few reviews and everyone seemed to really love it. The only downside is the price, which is $46 for 0.25oz. One of the reviews stated that is about 1/2 of the size of the MUFE stick, which is $43. I tried that one but it was a bit dewy for me. This will be my going somewhere nice foundation. :) And if I love it, I will stock up when Sephora has their F&F Sale.

Sweetyellow

I tried the Lock-It foundation + concealer and ya'll....I hate them! Too thick and cakey. My goodness, I guess I'm not a full-coverage foundation type of girl.

Anaphora

I tried the Lock-It foundation + concealer and ya'll....I hate them! Too thick and cakey. My goodness, I guess I'm not a full-coverage foundation type of girl.

I tried them a couple years ago (well, the foundation) and had the same experience. I love full coverage but need something more hydrating and smooth. The KVD looked like cracking old paint on my face.

Latest posts