Juicy Couture Bags- Just for Preteens?

xsnowwhite

that one you like is ADORABLE! i see some young girls with the brightly colored velour bags but nothing like the one you're looking at. I think if you like it go for it. I have a few juicy bags and i love them and i always get compliments

kimmy

i have a black velour baby fluffy, and i'm going to be twenty in a few months. i don't dig the strawberry fields designs, i think they're kind of a little too youthful...but i'm partial to the crest and old english writing.

liv

I personally find *most* Juicy Couture stuff to be aimed at junior high school girls. When they are bright, sometimes obnoxious colors, have cutesy phrasings on the bags (everyone loves a Juicy girl, or things like that), and are made of terry cloth, then yes, I think they are juvenile and not very sophisticated. I too brand associate Juicy to their tracksuits, and sweatpants that say Juicy across the rear, so I don't think that one of their branding images is to be sophisticated and classic. I think it's meant to be a little tacky/gaudy, fun, and out there. The only Juicy bag I ever liked was all leather, and didn't have any obvious branding on it (like the one you linked to), but it was a very impractical pale pink and was $500, so I passed. However, I tend to not like bags that are too recognizable as a brand (I dislike logo/monogrammed bags in general), and if I had the money to spend on a bag, I would choose a hayden-harnett, or one from anthropologie.

Just my two cents.

Asphyxia

I'm a 27 year old college woman with no children and I just purchased my first Juicy bag in Jan. I love the space the daydreamer has to offer (plus the heart mirror). I do agree that some of their bags are made to target younger girls, but I've been wanting a Juicy bag since I was like 22. I only wear it to school or when I go shopping/out to dinner with friends. It's black velour with off-white Juicy logo.

ginger9

I know what you mean K, I'm in my 30s and although I think some of the bags are cute, I don't think I would venture to purchase a JC bag. Like you, I am not here to judge but personally JC is not really my style and even if I got one as a gift I wouldn't get much milage out of it. I work for a bank, I think this is as coservative as it gets so I wouldn't be carrying it to work.

That is not to say I don't buy cute, girlie fun bags, I do. But since it's going to be reserved for the weekends and afterwork I am not likely to drop that kind of cash for it. But that's just me. On the other hand, I think it's important to treat yourself and to fulfill that girlie side of you no matter your age. So if you really like that bag then go for it!!

NYDoll88

In the fashion world, Juicy is considered a suburban mall brand. It caters to girls in middle school and high schools in suburbian areas. Hope that answers your question.
smiles.gif

astronaut

I'd say there are specific Juicy Couture styles that are more for younger attitudes. I see tons of 13 year olds here in San Diego carry Juicy Couture bags like the daydreamer. Juicy also makes some less gaudy bags as well that would be more age appropriate for more mature consumers.

MiCHiE

Their leather bags are definitely not geared toward youngsters. I just ordered this one.

JCV05KE_bp.jpg

I still say, "Buy what you like."

No woman should be limited to one bag.

midori

i'm based in orange county/los angeles and yeap, the affluent kids (well, the ones from affluent families) seem to be covered from head to toe in juicy. that and those colorful dooney bags. this is probably why i don't really care for juicy as a brand and associate it w/ "showy".
that said, i'd rock that bag you selected in a heartbeat. it's tasteful and cute and doesn't scream JUICY COUTURE. i actually like a lot of their leather bags. i think they look good.

DirtyHarriet

i say, get what you like...some of their bags are SUPER cute...who cares what other people think? you're the only one who has to like it!
smiles.gif

DominicanBarbie

Style is what you make it. I love my pink juicy bag. Its fun and I could care less if the 13 year old in the mall has my same bag. I see 14 year olds with chanel some are fakes some are not. That doesn't mean that Chanel is for 14 year olds. All it means is that they have good fashion and good parents with good jobs. Lol

Kuuipo

In Hawaii the adult women carry Booney and Dork or whatever it is called, Coach, Gucchi and well thats pretty much it.....the tourists have Prada and Chanel, the locals get their bags at Ross, Macy's, Walmart and KMart, and most are not designer bags. I went to Philly a few years ago, and boy if a person has anything nice they will get it removed at gunpoint or knife point. Sneakers,purses (the favorite purse method beide snatch and grab is slash and grab) I would be afraid to send my kid out with a bag that might cost her life....(in many parts of the US I have visited).
I've never seen a grown woman (25 plus) with a Juicy Culture bag or Juicy Culture anything else...

TDoll

Personally, I love that particular bag you're eye-ing!! I love all their leather bowler, hobo, whatever bags they have now. I'm 23, almost 24 and I completely understand what you're saying.

HOWEVER, I definitely associate their more colorful, flashy bags with the word "JUICY" covering like a square foot of it, with a much younger crowd. Not cute....cute for a pre-teen, but not an adult.

I think the one you chose is really nice/funky/sophisticated all at the same time!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
In Hawaii the adult women carry Booney and Dork or whatever it is called, Coach, Gucchi and well thats pretty much it.....the tourists have Prada and Chanel, the locals get their bags at Ross, Macy's, Walmart and KMart, and most are not designer bags. I went to Philly a few years ago, and boy if a person has anything nice they will get it removed at gunpoint or knife point. Sneakers,purses (the favorite purse method beide snatch and grab is slash and grab) I would be afraid to send my kid out with a bag that might cost her life....(in many parts of the US I have visited).
I've never seen a grown woman (25 plus) with a Juicy Culture bag or Juicy Culture anything else...

Wow. Wow. And....Wow.

I knew Philly had rough parts (what city doesn't?) but....just WOW.

Kuuipo

There was always someone in the newspaper getting shot over a pair of $120 dollar Nikes or a leather jacket or a designer bag. When I got out of college I would have to go to Jeweler's Row to buy metal to make sculpture and jewelry. I carried a gun. I had two. I've been held up before.

redambition

i have seen juicy bags that are definitely geared toward the younger demographic - but i like the two bags posted in this thread.

THe thing to consider is how is the bag going to date? If you want to keep it for a long time, then buy one in a more classic style. If you want it for a few seasons, go for the uber-trend style (remember this might end up looking silly in a few years). Some of the Juicy bags i see that i think are geared to younger women are definitely the latter - great for now, but in a few years time most people won't be using them any more.

DominicanBarbie

Kuuipo which section in Philly? My husband is from around that area and I love it. I shop on south street all the time and go clubbin there too. I drive a BMW and always have my chanels purse and glasses and nothing has ever happend to me. I'm not saying things don't happen but I think if you act like a target you are a target. Don't walk with a weapon walk with confidence. My mother in law won't carry a purse when she visits my family in ny and we always laugh about it.

SkylarV217

while Juicy has bags for the younger crowd, The bag you have chosen looks ""older" . I agree with above posters in that it's all about the style .... Every purse brand has a style that targets the young girls ... Thats why they make small ones.... My Fave Coach bag endded up being a kiddie bag ... But I still love it. The Weekend at the Hamptons bright colors and all .... I really like the bag so I carry It with Pride ;-) ... And Dooney has that ugly emma weiner purse......

SkylarV217

And furthermore.... If mommies keep buying the high end purses for their little ones .... Would we expect the companies to not market or produce for this target group as well...

Latest posts