UK PEOPLE - Where can we buy rubbing/isopropyl alcohol from?

vocaltest

I've found a website which you can buy it on, but I want to know if I can buy it in Boots or any pharmacy! Please let me know!

Luceuk

I got surgical spirit in Boots, it took ages to find though wasn't next to other things similar such as TCP. I had to ask in the end.

Shepherdess

I brought mine from ebay.

I didnt realise you could get it from Asda. I shall be buying some from there next time.

glam8babe

ive always wanted to know this lol thanks for the answers
greengrin.gif

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I think it was £3.49 and it's a 500ml bottle so you get quite a bit.

I know you said you had to ask... but where did they find it in the end??

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
Whereabouts in Asda was it??

i found it by the DIY things like paint brushes and the home furninshings section.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
i found it by the DIY things like paint brushes and the home furninshings section.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

ahh thank you! this is gonna sound so dumb... but is it the same as isopropyl alcohol?? and isn't surgical spirit the stuff you use to clean paintbrushes with? haha you can tell i did SO well in chemistry at school.

nunu

Yep surgical spirit is the same as isopropyl alcohol and it is used to clean paint brushes.

Mine is called white spirit and i bought a 750ml bottle for 73p. I used it to depot my eyeshadows.

I hope i am talking about the same alcohol you are looking for
smiles.gif

madame_morbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Yep surgical spirit is the same as isopropyl alcohol and it is used to clean paint brushes.

Mine is called white spirit and i bought a 750ml bottle for 73p. I used it to depot my eyeshadows.

I hope i am talking about the same alcohol you are looking for
smiles.gif

PLEASE don't use White Spirit...it is not the same thing AT ALL and would be very harmful if it came into contact with your skin or eyes!!!!

http://screenface.com/NewProdDets.asp?Products_Action=Find('Productid',' 746')&Products_Position=FIL%3AMake%3D%27Pharmaceut icals%27ORD%3AABS%3A6KEY%3A746PAR%3A

This is a good source for Isopropyl

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
I know you said you had to ask... but where did they find it in the end??

I can't remember I think it was next to the bandages, something like that. The Boots I went to is big so I think that made it harder to find.

-moonflower-

Right, you've lost me.
Surgical spirits = rubbing alcohol and is ok for pressing pigments
or
Surgical spirits = white spirits and isn't alright?

Can someone clear this up?

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by -moonflower-
Right, you've lost me.
Surgical spirits = rubbing alcohol and is ok for pressing pigments
or
Surgical spirits = white spirits and isn't alright?

Can someone clear this up?

I think so, because Surgical Spirit is ok to clean wounds, so should be fine in pigments.

Latest posts