my scalp is crying :(

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
I work in a hairdressers and we have Paul Mitchel as one of the line of products we sell...

But... I'm really surprised tea tree shampoo/conditioner has dried your scalp out because the tea tree range is what is designed for flaky scalps. And again... I'm really surprised that she recommended it to you because usually its recommended for mens hair, and its also what is sold when someone has a flaky scalp or has head lice.

But... ever since I've used Paul Mitchell shampoo's, my scalp has been flaky, especially around my fringe area. I've never had any problems with dandruff or anything until I used it (I used shampoo two which was the WORST, but i also tried instant moisture and the wash and they both did it), and a couple of girls I work with can't use their shampoo's either because it upsets their scalp. And I couldn't use the tea tree one to sort it either because i'm allergic to tea tree oil! I just stopped using it because it got so bad, as bad as you're describing it, and just alternated between head and shoulders and an alterna shampoo. I still use Paul Mitchell conditioner (instant moisture) and yeah... my scalps fine now, occasionally itchy but nothing like it used to be.

What I suggest is if your hair is coloured (because head and shoulders fades colour), alternate between head and shoulders and a different shampoo. If you don't colour it, then use head and shoulders constantly, and use a good conditioner! I know you might not like paul mitchell after what its done, but the instant moisture daily treatment is brilliant, and if you're after mega moisturising, then the super charged treatment, which is a weekly treatment. Maybe try going to sleep one night with your hair soaked in conditioner (root to ends) to see if that helps. I hope that helps you in some way! I know how frustrating/horrible it is!!

OMG! That's kind of what it is for me! Ever since I started using Bed Head shampoo, my scalp's been flaky especially around the fringe area as well! I couldn't bring myself to stop using it because I got a super fantastic deal on the shampoo. They retailed for $24 a bottle but I managed to catch them on the few days they were on sale so I ended up stocking up on many bottles and each was only $6! I've got about 5 huge bottles of the shampoo left. I'm starting to try to alternate between the Bed Head and Garnier Fructis' dandruff shampoo and I'll see how that goes. I also have yet to try Oil of oregano capsules as I haven't made time to go to the store yet.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
OMG! That's kind of what it is for me! Ever since I started using Bed Head shampoo, my scalp's been flaky especially around the fringe area as well! I couldn't bring myself to stop using it because I got a super fantastic deal on the shampoo. They retailed for $24 a bottle but I managed to catch them on the few days they were on sale so I ended up stocking up on many bottles and each was only $6! I've got about 5 huge bottles of the shampoo left. I'm starting to try to alternate between the Bed Head and Garnier Fructis' dandruff shampoo and I'll see how that goes. I also have yet to try Oil of oregano capsules as I haven't made time to go to the store yet.

Ebay them
winks.gif
! heheh. I know the feeling though, you just wanna use it all up because its such a good deal!
eww no! don't use garnier fructis! its possibly THE WORST shampoo/conditioner range you can use, along with pantene etc. no no no!

SlimSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I feel your pain. I just put a texturizer in a few days ago and my scalp is so damned to hell.

It helps to use Motions leave in conditioner spray.

I have bought so much shampoo to attack the "snowflakes" and dryness I am up to my eyeballs in shampoo. I am gonna go to the salon Tuesday!

Quote:
I work in a hairdressers and we have Paul Mitchel as one of the line of products we sell...

But... I'm really surprised tea tree shampoo/conditioner has dried your scalp out because the tea tree range is what is designed for flaky scalps. And again... I'm really surprised that she recommended it to you because usually its recommended for mens hair, and its also what is sold when someone has a flaky scalp or has head lice.

But... ever since I've used Paul Mitchell shampoo's, my scalp has been flaky, especially around my fringe area. I've never had any problems with dandruff or anything until I used it (I used shampoo two which was the WORST, but i also tried instant moisture and the wash and they both did it), and a couple of girls I work with can't use their shampoo's either because it upsets their scalp. And I couldn't use the tea tree one to sort it either because i'm allergic to tea tree oil! I just stopped using it because it got so bad, as bad as you're describing it, and just alternated between head and shoulders and an alterna shampoo. I still use Paul Mitchell conditioner (instant moisture) and yeah... my scalps fine now, occasionally itchy but nothing like it used to be.

What I suggest is if your hair is coloured (because head and shoulders fades colour), alternate between head and shoulders and a different shampoo. If you don't colour it, then use head and shoulders constantly, and use a good conditioner! I know you might not like paul mitchell after what its done, but the instant moisture daily treatment is brilliant, and if you're after mega moisturising, then the super charged treatment, which is a weekly treatment. Maybe try going to sleep one night with your hair soaked in conditioner (root to ends) to see if that helps. I hope that helps you in some way! I know how frustrating/horrible it is!!

Thanks, I am not totally sure if it is the tea tree that is drying out my scalp. I think Paul Mitchell shampoo is just not for my type of hair. Also they use some conditioner I am not totally sure of the name on my hair that could also be the culprit of this mishap. I am just gonna take my own products to the salon, comb brush and all to eliminate any contamination to see whats drying it out. I am gonna start with the head and shoulders and the silk elements conditioner. I have infusium 13 leave in conditioner at home that I can use too. I am gonna keep a weekly log of what I do to my hair and see what happens. I also have a bad habit of saturating my hair with sheen. I switched from isoplus to olive oil sheen because the olive oil is lighter on my hair and doesnt soak up the flakes and make them look so huge
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut

I would stop using it and sell it on ebay! Going back and forth is just subsiding the problem not taking care of it.

Quote:
Ebay them
winks.gif
! heheh. I know the feeling though, you just wanna use it all up because its such a good deal!
eww no! don't use garnier fructis! its possibly THE WORST shampoo/conditioner range you can use, along with pantene etc. no no no!

lol

ratmist

Just a recommendation for a non-'cone' haircare routine: Mastey products (Mastey de Paris | Hair Products, Skin Care Products, Sun Products, Professional Hair and Skin Care)

They claim to be the first to market a non-SLS shampoo way back in 1977. They don't use:
  1. Harsh Cleansers like:

• Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
  • Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
  • DEA (DEA Lauryl Sulfate)
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate
  • Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
  • Alpha Olefin Sulfonate

1. Oils
  2. Dyes
  3. Propylene Glycol
  4. Glycerin and glycerin type derivatives
  5. Human Hair Keratin Protein (HHKP)
  6. Animal Protein, Collagen Protein, Animal by-Products
I've used them since I was a child and they're almost impossible to get in the UK. I stopped using them when I moved here in 1999 because I couldn't find them, but I recently found a few salons that stock it. It's extortionate given how less expensive it is in the States, but whatever. I'm sick of the dry scalp that produces dandruff, the itchiness, etc. This stuff is the only stuff that's ever worked for me in the long-run. I've tried Paul Mitchell, Redken, MOP, TiGi, most of the Wella products, Kerastase (which gave me hives), LUSH, and pretty much all of the standard drugstore lines that are readily available in the UK (L'Oreal, Garnier, etc). The only one I didn't try was Pantene, lol, cuz too many women I know bitched about how it built up on their scalps. Most of the stuff I've tried works for a few weeks, then starts to either build up in my hair or scalp, or both, or I end up with an allergic reaction to it (the Nizoral being the worst offender).

My hair is dry, with a flakey-itchy scalp, and is frequently bleached/dyed. All the Mastey products are color-protecting. I use the Traite moisture shampoo and Frehair daily conditioner. At least once a week I use the Superpac as an intense conditioner. (I put massage it into clean, damp hair, wrap my hair in a towel and read a book in a bath, then rinse it out.) My hair now behaves like it did when I was a kid, before all the bleaching, dying and heat tools.

You can get Mastey stuff pretty cheaply on eBay (which drives me nuts because the international shipping makes it crazy expensive, but US shipping isn't bad). I'd recommend that you try it out - if only the Superpac, which is such a good deep conditioner, and has saved my hair from being a fried, frizzy mess after all the punishment I've put it through. It's healed up my scalp and I'm not itchy/flakey anymore.

SlimSugar

Well ladies, I have returned from the salon and I must say I am feeling good!

Today I used :
- Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 dandruff shampoo + conditioner
- Australian Tea Tree Oil ( sat under dryer)
- ion. Effective Care Treatment Intensive Therapy Protein Rebuilder and Moisturizer (sat under dryer with tea tree oil)
- Infusium 23 Leave in Conditioner
- Mizani Sheen

I cheated a bit and got some extreme heat to my roots to straighten it out ( my first time ever) then to flip it up and pin curl it.

It came out fantabulous aaaaand I picked up my new glasses!
smiles.gif

Thanks! Luv you all to bunches!!

img136.jpg

img135.jpg

SlimSugar

OK.. well I responded to this thread a few weeks back and I am just updating my findings.... The flakes have subsided tremendously.
yahoo.gif
I am getting into my third week Tuesday and I see a lot of progress. I saw about 3 flakes total not patches.. just flakes so I am totally excited.
choochoo.gif
My hair is still shiny soft and bouncy. I also noticed not a lot of hair is coming out when I comb it.
th_DANCE.gif

I FEEL GOOD DA DA DA DA DA DA DA... YOU KNEW THAT I WOULD DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

SO GOOD
DA DA
SO GOOD
DA DA
YOU KNEW THAT I WOULD
DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAA!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
curtsey.gif
curtsey.gif
curtsey.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
dothewave.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
:stars :
encore.gif
encore.gif
encore.gif
nanaparty.gif
drinks.gif
drinks.gif
:s illy:
tease.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif

sweetie0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSugar
OK.. well I responded to this thread a few weeks back and I am just updating my findings.... The flakes have subsided tremendously.
yahoo.gif
I am getting into my third week Tuesday and I see a lot of progress. I saw about 3 flakes total not patches.. just flakes so I am totally excited.
choochoo.gif
My hair is still shiny soft and bouncy. I also noticed not a lot of hair is coming out when I comb it.
th_DANCE.gif

I FEEL GOOD DA DA DA DA DA DA DA... YOU KNEW THAT I WOULD DA DA DA DA DA DA DA​

SO GOOD
DA DA
SO GOOD
DA DA
YOU KNEW THAT I WOULD
DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAA!​

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
curtsey.gif
curtsey.gif
curtsey.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
dothewave.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
:stars :
encore.gif
encore.gif
encore.gif
nanaparty.gif
drinks.gif
drinks.gif
:s illy:
tease.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif

That's fantastic! Now, what did you do? I need to know

SlimSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie0716
That's fantastic! Now, what did you do? I need to know

- Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 dandruff shampoo + conditioner
- Australian Tea Tree Oil ( sat with it in not under dryer with a little H&S )
- Infusium 23 Leave in Conditioner
- Olive Oil Sheen

Ive been doing it for 2 weeks now and the Tea Tree Oil gives off a tingling sensation while sitting.

I got it roller set this week past and wrapped then used a satin conditioned scarf to sleep.

Latest posts