BUMBLE & BUMBLE - is it worth the money??

babiid0llox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Hqhair.com has 20% off all Bumble and Bumble products until 24th July - use the code SEVEN at checkout

Ooh thanks for posting that!
greengrin.gif
Never ordered from them before, but I just might now.

Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiid0llox
Ooh thanks for posting that!
greengrin.gif
Never ordered from them before, but I just might now.

No problem
thmbup.gif
should have mentioned that code also works to give 20% off Bare Escentuals, Bliss, Xen Tan, Rodial, Philosophy, Miller Harris - just these 7 brands

chocokitty

Love Bumble & Bumble. The creme de coco shamp & cond is awesome and smells so good. I highly recommend the styling products. I swear by the tonic lotion which has the best minty smell and helps detangle my hair and the curl conscious creme which helps with defrizzing and feels like you don't have anything in your hair. You could wash & go and not worry about being a big frizz tangly mess.

Like other said, you can get the travel size. This is how I first tried their products out. Now I only go to salons that use & sell Bumble & Bumble ever since.

Trista

I loooove their products. Their styling cream and spray de mode are amazing. The spray de mode will give you a soft hold of your hairstyle but it's not crunchy feeling like other hair sprays.
I almost exclusively use their hair products now. It's not cheap but I just love the results.

noahlowryfan

i know you can buy bumble & bumble online but i was wondering if we can buy it at beauty supply stores or do we have to buy it at the salons that sells them?

GLAMORandGORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i know you can buy bumble & bumble online but i was wondering if we can buy it at beauty supply stores or do we have to buy it at the salons that sells them?

beauty supplies do not sell it.
you have to go to a salon :c

anyway, to reply to the thread, i used to use bumble and bumble's sumo wax, and i LOVE it!
the only reason i changed is because the salon i work at doesn't carry b&b and i get products for 60% off...so i went cheap :/

poddygirl

Another rave for B&B - I use their Gentle shampoo and Super-Rich conditioner. My hair is glazed and not especially oily or dry and this combo works great. I tried the Seaweed line and but it made my hair like straw
ssad.gif

Also really like their Tonic, Spray de mode and Brilliantine. All good stuff
thmbup.gif

zeroxstar

OMG i loooove bumble & bumble! this is all my salon in SF uses and I have gotten completely hooked on their products! For shampoo/conditioner I alternate between BB Repair (cause I color treat) & Color Upkeep (or something like that) for Cool Brunettes, to keep my hair from turning reddish & pureology's fullvolume shampoo/cond. But Bumble & Bumble styling products are all i use! Prep or Tonic + Thickening spray = great blow dry! & to finish I use a bit of Brilliantine which is amazing.

Although for hairspray i love me some 25 volume spray by Kenra

hhunt2

Now a days B&B can be found at CCO's (Cosmetic Company Outlets) for 30% off.

I enjoy B&B products but it can be pricey. My cousin is a hairstylist and she always tells me "tell me what you want and I'll give you the discount". The thing I hate when she says that is, she always forgets to give me the stuff! She says she will bring it home to give to me, but she forgets it at the salon. Err.. it makes me so made. So maybe getting it a little cheaper at a CCO is a nice thing.

Care

I picked up Creme de Coco at my CCO last month, still pretty expensive but not ridiculous
smiles.gif

Target also sells some of their product line

kera484

I really love the Bumble and Bumble styling products. Right now I am addicted to their tonic lotion, styling lotion, and spray de mode hair spray.

Isis

I used to try to love Bumble&Bumble, but for some reason it leaves a weird waxy texture on my hair. I have yet to figure out what that's all about. Not a huge loss though. I still have my Frederic Fekkai, Rusk, and Oscar Blandi. I think I'm finally over Pureology too.

rwbey

B&B works okay for me (especially the Creme de Coco products), but I've finally found my HG hair care products.

I have crazy kinky, fine hair but a lot of it. My hair is also damaged from chemical treatments. It took a while to find them, but these products make my hair look like a shampoo ad!

Shampoos:
Fekkai Protein Rx Reparative Shampoo
Redken Smooth Down Shampoo
TiGi S Factor Diamond Dreams Shampoo

Conditioners:
L'Oreal Feria Conditioner
TiGi S Factor Serious Conditioner
Fekkai Protein Rx Reparative Conditioner (there is also an anti-breakage mask for use 1 or 2x per week)

Treatments:
Fekkai Salon Glaze (gives super shine)
CHI Keratin Mist
L'Oreal Serie Expert Force Vector Thermo Active Treatment
Moroccan Oil (actually ANY Argan oil will do - this is sooo pricey)

Styling Products:
Argan Oil (I put this in my towel dried hair - NOT NEAR THE ROOTS - before blow drying in sections. The results are amazing!)
TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender Flat Iron Shine Spray
Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide
Chi Silk Infusion
Fekkai Glossing Cream

ITEMS THAT DID NOT WORK FOR ME:

TiGi S Factor Dream Drops (eh)
Kerastase Oleo Relax Line (okay results for ridiculous prices)
Redken Anti Snap Line
Infusium 23
Matrix Biolage Line
Nexxus products (any)
Framesi products (any)
Paul Mitchell products (any)

Hope this helps!

oceansportrait

I use Brilliantine (a light creme that makes hair shinier) and it works great. It IS expensive though (I paid $27 CDN for 2oz...) but you don't need much (less than a pea size) so even if you use it everyday, it'll last you a year. $27 is expensive for the tube size, but when you think how long this stuff lasts, it's pretty reasonable---especially compared to the drug store shine serums I used in the past that hardly lasted 3-4 at $10.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
I usually buy hair products by Toni&Guy but am feeling for a change. I've heard a lot of talk about Bumble and Bumble, but their stuff is EXPENSIVE - shampoo and conditioners £12-15 each...hairspray £15 and up.

So for anyone that uses their stuff...are there benefits that you don't get from cheaper high end hair products? let me know x

I can't remember if I have commented on this before but no... and yes. None of the styling products are worth the money. The creme de coco is a fantastic shampoo/conditioner for chemically freaked out hair. I can't reccomend anything else by this brand due to cost, there are equals out there for less money. If you have super damaged hair and want to try out the line creme de coco is your best bet. It's better than the super rich. Skip the hairsprays toners and cremes though.

Nicala

I'm absolutely in love with the Curl Conscious defining cream! My hair stylist used it on my hair and it was the only thing to keep my curly hair in place. The 2nd time I went to her I asked her what she used and she finally shared her secret with me. I paid about 28-29 for the bottle, I'm roughly half way done with it (maybe less) so it's definitely going to last a year. It also makes my hair super simple to take care of. You do need a little bit of it, however, I have a lions mane so I have to use a bit more than someone with thin hair might. I will definitely keep investing in the cream. It's worth it 110%. I want to try other things from the B&B line, however, I don't know what else to try!

I'd also like to throw in that Sephora also carries the B&B line. I think it's the full line too!

Mabelle

As far as i know (and the website says) Sephora doesnt carry b&b. they do carry a line called living proof that has a
line called "Full" in grey bottles. It's amazing.

elegant-one

It depends, some of their products like the deep conditioner & creme de coco as mentioned above are huge favorites. Some of the shampoos are nice. This summer I used their beach spray which makes the hair look sexy, but also seemed a bit drying.

I use mostly all Alterna hair products because it makes for healthy hair, but I do use some of B&B

Nicala

As far as i know (and the website says) Sephora doesnt carry b&b. they do carry a line called living proof that has a
line called "Full" in grey bottles. It's amazing.

Yeah I checked the website and it didn't list B&B. However, I know I saw it in the sephora store! I even thought I was dreaming when I saw it (lol). I'll see if I can sneak a pic next time I'm over there.

Latest posts