BUMBLE & BUMBLE - is it worth the money??

florabundance

I usually buy hair products by Toni&Guy but am feeling for a change. I've heard a lot of talk about Bumble and Bumble, but their stuff is EXPENSIVE - shampoo and conditioners £12-15 each...hairspray £15 and up.

So for anyone that uses their stuff...are there benefits that you don't get from cheaper high end hair products? let me know x

elegant-one

Yes, they are wonderful healthy hair products. Makes hair shiny, manageable & healthy looking. I do however, alternate this with Alterna hair products which in my opinion are the best hair products ever.

B&B also makes smaller travel sizes, so you may want to buy those first to see if you like their products before you spend more on the full size.

MEGCLARE

I love the thickening line
the Shampoo,Conditionar and the Thickening Spray.
Nothing compares to the Thickening Spray. It is definantly worth the money.

babiid0llox

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking at this brand for a while now too.
smiles.gif

Lissa

I love Creme de Coco shampoo and conditioner. My mum started using mine and her hairdresser even asked her what she was using as her hair was in such good condition. I have also recently been trying out their Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich conditioner - not sure about those yet, need a bit longer to decide if the conditioner is better than Creme de Coco or not! But overall I really like this brand although they are sooo expensive. I buy trial sizes from eBay before buying any full size ones just in case - try and find the 2oz sizes.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
I love Creme de Coco shampoo and conditioner. My mum started using mine and her hairdresser even asked her what she was using as her hair was in such good condition. I have also recently been trying out their Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich conditioner - not sure about those yet, need a bit longer to decide if the conditioner is better than Creme de Coco or not! But overall I really like this brand although they are sooo expensive. I buy trial sizes from eBay before buying any full size ones just in case - try and find the 2oz sizes.

you know what, i get so worried when buying things like that from eBay...if it's as good as u and everyone else says, i'm more than happy to pay that money!
yes.gif

Divinity

I've been a Bumble gal for years and never a complaint. I've used the alojoba shampoo, gentle shampoo, both creme de coco shampoo and conditioner, their color support shampoo and conditioners for true reds, their styling lotion, and the spray de mode (BEST hairspray ever).

I switched from drugstore brands as soon as I heard about this line years ago and my hair has never been so healthy or looked so good. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it in my opinion. I do agree with a previous post that you may want to start with travel sizes first to see if you really like a product
smiles.gif

Let us know what products you try and what you think
smiles.gif

Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
you know what, i get so worried when buying things like that from eBay...if it's as good as u and everyone else says, i'm more than happy to pay that money!
yes.gif

I worry too that I may get B&B bottles filled with something else...I'm positive that does happen on ebay
ssad.gif
. There was a seller I bought genuine travel sizes from - it was beauty_usa - they have great feedback and were fast to ship
thmbup.gif

lahlalove

i actually used bumble and bumble for years and i had to swtich. my hair is frizzy, dry, and damaged and bumble & bumble just made it feel stringy..so after a while i switched to cibu it was so much better on m hair so i guess it just depends.

elegant-one

Quote:

That's my favorite too - Creme de Coco shampoo & conditioner
thmbup.gif

I also use the deep conditioner.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Yasmine
kim kardashian uses their products! if thats any help, her hair is beautiful
smiles.gif

i know lol, that's where my inspiration for this post came from haha
winks.gif

florabundance

Quote:
I worry too that I may get B&B bottles filled with something else...I'm positive that does happen on ebay
ssad.gif
. There was a seller I bought genuine travel sizes from - it was beauty_usa - they have great feedback and were fast to ship
thmbup.gif

thanks for the heads up, im looking right now
thmbup.gif

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahlalove
i actually used bumble and bumble for years and i had to swtich. my hair is frizzy, dry, and damaged and bumble & bumble just made it feel stringy..so after a while i switched to cibu it was so much better on m hair so i guess it just depends.

i've heard great things about cibu aswell, but their stuff isn't available in the UK unfortunately - i like the packaging tho haha
my hair is healthy so hopefully the B&B wont have that same stringy effect, right?

NatalieMT

I've too have tried the Creme De Coco shampoo and conditioner and it was lovely! Definitely worth the money in my books, I don't use it anymore but that's solely because I've decided to move onto Tigi Bedhead. I could rave about that stuff all day long!

bebs

I used to use Creme de Coco shampoo & conditioner however I now go with fredric fakkai and I am .. and my hair is looking better then ever, I will however say I own almost all of their sprays and never touch my surf spray.. styling wax or the pink or blue bottles of hair spray, however the new one that is out in the purple bottle is the love of my life with my hair dryer, I use that one and then blow dry, then use another one with my flat iron (different brand). a lot of their things are nice.. but thats all they are is nice, not great or totally worth the money quite a few of the products I returned and quite a few more I wish I didn't buy. however that is my two cents and I will use up the rest of my shampoo and conditioner up someday on my brushes but I don't plan on using them again - I tried it again the shower a few nights ago and re washed my hair cause it just didn't feel as nice as the fekkai makes it feel.

lahlalove

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
i've heard great things about cibu aswell, but their stuff isn't available in the UK unfortunately - i like the packaging tho haha
my hair is healthy so hopefully the B&B wont have that same stringy effect, right?

ya ur most likely gna have different results than me. my sister's hair is pretty healthy and she uses bumble and bumble still. hope it works out for u

babiid0llox

Just wondering, for those with curly/frizzy hair, would I be better off using the Creme De Coco range or the actual medium-thick curly/wavy hair range? My hair lacks moisture and it gets damaged quite easily even if I use heat protectant when heat styling. I'm tossing up between those 2 ranges but I'm kinda interested in the Aloe Jojoba range aswell. On the B&B website, the product recommendations for curly/wavy hair don't include the Creme De Coco range, but include the other 2 I mentioned
ssad.gif

Lissa

Hqhair.com has 20% off all Bumble and Bumble products until 24th July - use the code SEVEN at checkout

kiss_love_kill

is the deep treatment any good??? i'm tempted to get it... but it is quite pricey! and can you use it before straightening to protect the hair?

also how much of the conditioner do you have to use? haha crazy question i know, i have pretty long hair and i use quite alot of conditioner. is the conditioner supper concentrated?

Latest posts