No commission/great pay

MAC*GIRL08

Ok so Monday evening is my final interview with MAC. One thing I never brought up in any interviews was the pay. I have heard from other MAC MA's that work at a local Macy's that there is no commission on sales, but the pay is really good. Somewhere from $14-17 is that true? Also do you earn yearly increases?? I worked at a Lancome counter and the pay was btw $8-10 an hour. I have also heard that the rate of pay depends on how well that particular MAC counter does?

th_dunno.gif
Any feedback on this would be so appreciated, it seems to be a big secret regarding what MA's make at MAC.

baybehbekah

you do get a better hourly rate because they don't do commission. which i feel kinda stinks
ssad.gif
when i worked at nordstrom, my hourly wasn't much lower than what i am getting at mac now, however because of that 3% commission my sell rate blows my hourly rate right outta the water! working for mac at nordstrom is nice because you get a decent hourly plus the commission, but there are also some down sides to being nordstrom mac and not just regular mac.
anyhoo, when they offer you a position or in your last interview they will talk about pay and how all the bonuses and stuff works. good luck!

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
It's not a big secret, it's a fireable offence to disclose pay rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC*GIRL08
Oh i didnt know that.

That is the case with pretty much any and all employers...

miss_supra

Don't be afraid to ask them how they work with pay. One difference I know is MAC @ Nordstrom you get commission but is the hourly any different?...no idea. Everywhere else is non-commission. But we can't get into details. Ask about them once they are hiring you. If the pay doesn't work out, you still don't have to accept the position.

tattletale

What are the downsides to working at Nordstrom mac compared to mac store?
1 your a Nordstrom employee not a mac employee. your check comes from Nordstrom yes you do get a mac employee card to use your discount at mac store

2 you are required to sell a percentage of other lines not just mac.

3 you have to go though Nordstrom training plus go to mac basic training

4 the pay rate is different from other locations because of the commission

that is all i can think of off the top of my head

Latest posts