Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

lenchen

The J104 is the white hair version. I have that one and love it. I don't use it for setting powders though. I think it's too fluffy for that purpose. I press powder onto my face and a stiffer brush like the J501 works amazing for that. I have an oily t-zone. If you have normal to dry skin the J104 might be the better option though. I personally love the J104 for finishing powders like the meteorites or hourglass powders.
Same here, I love the j104 for meteorites, but I use the b501 for powder foundation

allthingsglam

I came back with 8 brushes at the hakuhodo pop-up counter! The selection was small but nonetheless I was so happy and excited to see what they had. The boss of the counter, a Japanese, was there together with 2 Japanese staff and 2 local staff. The Japanese staff were very knowledgeable about the products. The boss was very helpful and polite despite a group of ladies swarming at the counter frenzily (first day), and he patiently explained our queries about how one brush differed from another and what they were suited for. I overheard him saying that in the past brushes were not washed often, so the hairs were dyed black. But now people wash brushes and brushes with dyed-black hairs will bleed when washed, so they are now making more brushes that are white, and non-dyed. Interesting to me, so now I'm considering if I can skip washing brushes I use for powder products after each use.  My haul: Kokutan lip brush, retractable lip brush in pink, G5515, G5514, J125, J5521, J4001 and G5545. I got a brush holder as a gift, it is quite tiny. Here are the pics, I haven't opened them yet. I only opened J125 to try and I'm in love! I apply concealer on my undereyes and it is so soft and doesn't irritated the thin skin. It is also great for nose shading and contouring. Is the J125R with the mixed synthetic hair better for cream products? I wanted J122 because it is bigger but they didn't have it.  I'm thinking of going back for J5522, J142 or J5533. Or even another J125 or J125R. [COLOR=763555] [/COLOR] [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] My old B505 in the holder. [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR]
Beautiful haul enjoy

tyjess

Ladies, your collections are amazing and droolworthy! I'm loving all the pics.

Thanks for the powder brush recommendations. I haven't decided which one to get, the ones I like best are too pricey at for me atm.

I would also love to know which brush is best for contouring? I'm thinking about ordering the J5521, would it work for that? Or would the G529 be better? (if so, how does it compare to MAC 163, since it's horse and I think the MAC one is goat but they're pretty similar shape wise)?
Hello,

I have J5521 and its is more for highlighting. For contouring you may want to consider G503. :)

elainnio

Has anyone tried any of the concealer brushes, or even have a recommendation from another brand? I've tried many concealers and several brushes to try and cover a small scar on my nose, but it always peeks through! Not sure if user error, product, brush or what?!
I am using Hakuhodo concealer brush in S126 which is made of weasel. Weasel is very good for concealing spots, scars (no streaking) :)

elainnio

Thank You!!!!
urock.gif
hello, I have G5228 yes definetely a good choice for outer crease!

elainnio

Does anyone know of a white haired brush like the B104? I'm looking for a setting powder type brush. Thanks!
I have J104 it is white, goat.
very fluffy after wash (it just bloom) and so good for setting powder.
The closet dupe is B509 which is about the same but less fluffy.

FrizzyKab

i had been wanting a Brush roll for a long time. i dont have a vanity and putting them in a cup is not an option, since my cat zizou wants to play with them. :shock: i gave in an bought the hakuhodo one. i couldnt find good pictures before i ordered it. so here are some pics in case anyone wants to see how its.      no brushes                              /                  with brushes tied up. i find that the mac brushes fit but a little bit tight.  it doesnt hold many brushes IMO. and if i had not given some of my brushes away, i would be in trouble they just wouldnt fit. the yachiyo doesnt fit or real techniques.  I hope this helps someone.
Thanks so much for posting this. I ordered the brush roll after seeing your pics and I love it!!

allthingsglam

Model: H2369 any thoughts on this fan brush I love how it looks but how would I storage it I'm researching some of the brushes I want to order anybody have this one
71f69750_image.jpeg

Pinkdollface

Quote: Originally Posted by elainnio
Hello,

I used Tommy to get chikuhodo, a service provider. https://www.facebook.com/BRINGBLINGJP
I also used Tommy to purchase exclusive makeup from Japan like Suqqu, or Laduree.

Someone else recommended Tommy as well and I contacted her. She got some Chikuhodo and Tanseido brushes for me and they arrived a couple days ago. I got the Z-2, Z-10 and G-16 from Chikuhodo and the YWQ7, YWQ9, YSC17 and YAQ17 from Tanseido. Tommy was very helpful and pleasant to work with and I'll definitely use her services again. I also wanted the Z-4, but it was not in stock. Now it's back in stock, but I'm not sure yet if I want any other brushes. I haven't had a chance to really try out all the brushes, but they feel very nice.

kimibos

Someone else recommended Tommy as well and I contacted her. She got some Chikuhodo and Tanseido brushes for me and they arrived a couple days ago. I got the Z-2, Z-10 and G-16 from Chikuhodo and the YWQ7, YWQ9, YSC17 and YAQ17 from Tanseido. Tommy was very helpful and pleasant to work with and I'll definitely use her services again. I also wanted the Z-4, but it was not in stock. Now it's back in stock, but I'm not sure yet if I want any other brushes. I haven't had a chance to really try out all the brushes, but they feel very nice.
Enjoy your brushes PDF!!!! i just posted about a haul in the other thread. i was going to ask you about your koyudo brushes. the BP ones.

Latest posts