Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

Yvet

Wow shypo, it took them a while to get them to your doorstep. US>NL is faster . Looking forward to hear from you,

mjacqueline

I just have to add, I bought some Hakuhodo brushes and I love every single one one of them. I did not buy the more expensive line, Kokutan or the S series instead I bought the basic and K series. They were more within my budget. My favourites are the face brushes, so soft and silky.

Shypo

These brushes are so worth the investment - Yvet, thank you so much for your recommendations and raves!! After the holidays I think I will get a couple more - decisions, decisions!

mjac, glad you love your purchases!!

User38

I bought some for gifts.. and fell in love with 2 for myself.. love them, and truly worth the price paid.

mjacqueline

HerGreyness, aren't they just gorgeous? Anyway I'm planning to get more and I'll also be giving one of them as a gift. I just need my GF and fellow mu addict to realise just how wonderful they are.

Shypo

I just placed another Hakuhodo order - they have added quite a few since my last order a year ago.....I got the J214 brush that Pink Sith briefly reviewed (I had not seen her post prior to ordering, however, so I'm glad to hear someone likes it!!)...my eyes are small-ish so I will see how it works, but I can also always use a highlight brush
winks.gif

Hakuhodo J214 Eye Shadow Brush

Sylvia60

This may be a silly question.. but some of the brushes say the hairs are "canada squirrell", etc. like, real squirrels???? I dont know how it would be possible to get the fur off a squirrel without hurting/killing it.. I know MAC had goat hair brushes, but that could easily be shaved off a goat without hurting it.. but a squirrel??????
From what I understand, the hair is from the furriers' trade. The pelts are used for the confection of garments and the tails used for brush-making.

cindypltnm81

I purchase my first two brushes (S146 and S142 series)! About $100 with just those 2! I do want a face brush next...maybe one for contour/blush brush! Any recommendations?

LC Balthazar

I had a huge haul last month, but mostly eye and cheek brushes. I too am looking for a good face powder brush. They have SO many, I don't know which to pick. I'd appreciate any recommendations as well .

powderprincess

I like the J521, J210, or J5543. It depends what shape you prefer. The J521 is like the mac 165, the J210 slightly larger than the Mac 109. The J5543 is a slimmer less dense version of the Tom Ford cheek brush. All 3 are amazing quality.

powderprincess

I had a huge haul last month, but mostly eye and cheek brushes. I too am looking for a good face powder brush. They have SO many, I don't know which to pick. I'd appreciate any recommendations as well .
For powder I love the J110, it reminds me of a less dense Mac 129. It's not a huge face brush though. It could be used for powder, blush or bronzer.

cindypltnm81

For those of you with an array of brushes from hakuhodo. Can you guys share pics? I love to see what anyone has alrdy:) it such an expensive brand...I really want to branch out from Mac, Nars brushes I have alrdy. Thank you in advance:)

Sylvia60

I purchase my first two brushes (S146 and S142 series)! About $100 with just those 2! I do want a face brush next...maybe one for contour/blush brush! Any recommendations?
Are you familiar with Sonia's blog called SweetMakeupTemptations?
Here are some of her reviews of Hauhodo
http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/?s=Hakuhodo

Settle down to enjoy an interesting read there!

cindypltnm81

It's the same situation here in Spain. The Hakuhodo large Yachiya brush, even with shipping, is less expensive than the NARS Yachiyo, which is its equivalent. I also have these two! Both are divine. Are you familiar with Sonia's blog called SweetMakeupTemptations? Here are some of her  reviews of Hauhodo http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/?s=Hakuhodo Settle down to enjoy an interesting read there!
Thank you dear:) I'm always interested I quality brushes. Definitely will read her review.

Sylvia60

Three months ago I'd never heard of Hakuhodo brushes.
Three months minus 3 hours ago I thought of them as a Shangri-La dream.
Three months minus 3 hours and 2 minutes ago I found their US site.
Hook, line and sinker...

lenchen

Try the BKSL104 powder brush big fluffy, dense and excellent quality.

MissTT

I forgot I wanted to get a brush in this brand. Right now I'm in the market for a blush brush for my less pigmented blushes. I have the NARS Yachiyo for my brights, but need something else that doesn't diffuse as much for my lights.

Sylvia60

I really envy the people who are able to be in IMATS in London this year.
Hakuhodo will be there and the chance to try so many different examples of their brushes is fantastic.

LC Balthazar

I forgot I wanted to get a brush in this brand. Right now I'm in the market for a blush brush for my less pigmented blushes. I have the NARS Yachiyo for my brights, but need something else that doesn't diffuse as much for my lights.
Try the J210. I use that one for my less pigmented blushes.

Latest posts