C8 vs NC45

sagehen

I NEED HELP! What is a good MAC medium/full coverage foundation and concealer for C8 girls?
If you mix MAC Face and Body Foundation in C7/C9 (available at Pro stores or by phone order), you can get C8. Face and Body is buildable coverage, and then you can set with C8 Studio Fix if you want to stay with MAC. This works for me.

califabulous

I also got the Lancôme teint Idole in 460 suede W some weeks ago and even tested it at sephora before purchasing. I used it for an event and looked really ashy in the pics. I have since stopped using it.
oops! sorry for delay. been away for a while :) so, I use Medium deep as a finishing powder. the undertone is good but it is a bit light for NC50. I can wear it in winter as a foundation because it blends with my tone and it oxidizes. I like this powder but being oily it's not a go to anymore. MUFE loose mat powder was a go to finishing powder for a few years. I think its shade 4- but it is really good. maybe a couple of months ago I was introduced to Josie maran's loose powder and it is really amazing. So far i think you can only get it on QVC in a 3 jar set. A friend at my work gave me the darker shade and suggested that it would be great color wise and with my oily skin. It has a definite cocoa tint but it does not add color really. A light dusting smooths my face, it smells amazing and I LOVE it. i wear it alone when I don't want to wear foundation and I wear it as a finish powder.

As far as lancome, i've heard it turns orange on some. For me it is great. Although I can wear it year round for a great match, I can see how it might appear ashy. I didn't notice that it oxidizes on me but I'm sure my oily skin "helps" that process. try the 470. I have used that as well and i like it!

Also, a beauty blender is amazing to apply liquids. Strangely it really allowed liquid foundation to apply beautifully and it looks better than when applied with a brush. I think certain brushes with certain foundations can apply too much product and with the beauty blender I could really see if the foundation fit me or not.

Let me know how you like Bobbi Brown. I love this....a definite go to powder for me.

Latest posts