Pole Dancing for Fitness

cupcake_x

I bought that stripping book called The S Factor by Sheila Kelley and some stripping DVDs from Carmen Electra along with modern, lyrical, jazz and ballet dance.

While I don't pole dance (yet- I'm 17 and legally I can't buy a pole or take pole classes) but I'd love to take some when I move to Pittsburgh in a few years, theres a pole dancing studio not too far from where I'll be living.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidstar
OMG I've been obsessed with that website since you posted it. She is so pretty and my inspiration/motivation for working out. I only wish she was in America, specifically Orlando, FL so I could take her classes lol

She's unbelievably driven. I'm always impressed by her efforts.

Korms

I looked into classes local to my area but they are so expensive, it costs £50 for about 4 sessions. Bah.

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_hearts
Has anyone heard anything good/bad about carmen electra's pole setup kit. The "Electra Pole" ? It's only like $130 but I am scared I would climb on it and it would collapse/tear a hole in my ceiling :p

I've heard good reviews and I've also heard bad ones. It's supposed to hold up to 220 pounds, but I have read countless reviews that's not safe. BUT I have read other reviews that if you read the directions right, bolt it into the ceiling and install it correctly it should work.

carmen electra pole review - Google Search

^I was able to search up tons of reviews.

MizzHotTahiti

You need to make sure u install any at home pole the right way, I think thats why u see so many mixed reviews for Carmens.

I don't use it for fitness though,I'd rather run and do squats ect...But I learned how to work a pole and do a striptease just so I could treat my man and get a lil workout along with that lol. But I really credit my body to ''normal'' exercise lol.

Jennilyn

I am in love with pole dancing. Im actually a dancer in las vegas and I love the aerial arts. Yay for pole dancing!

Ive danced with ipdfa instructor of the year Jamilla Deville :: THE ART OF POLE ::

she has a series of tutorial dvds for those of you who can't acces classes!

And for any of you ladies visiting las vegas check out Fawnias Pole fitness studio, she is among the best! And she offers parties
smiles.gif

for fun, for fitness, for flight

Jennilyn

and for those considering on buying a pole at home. DO YOUR RESEARCH many poles you can find at adult stores or spencers are unsafe! like carmen electras. Xpole and Lil minx are professional brands
smiles.gif
hope this helps

yazerella

Wow, I'd love to try pole dancing!! It sounds so fun.. Except I have absolutely NO upper body strength whatsoever. Do I have to have some before I start?

JULIA

I've been wanting to do this for so long! I don't have the money to buy a pole at the moment
ssad.gif
My boyfriend wants to install one in his living room, hahahaha. Hmm...I've seen DIY instructions on how to make your own pole, but I don't know how safe that'd be :\

rapple

I've always wanted to try a class! Pole dancers always have such amazing core and upper body strength.

Daladoir

Oh my god, so glad this thread exists, haha!
yahoo.gif

I started pole dancing when I started uni (we have a society) three years ago and it's basically the only exercise-type class that I've kept up.

Also... for the love of god do not buy a Carmen pole. They are cheaper, but I have heard absolute horror stories about them ranging from snapping in half, to falling, to having really poor joints that cut the user. Save up and buy yourself an X-Pole. It'll be much more worth it.

Latest posts