Pole Dancing for Fitness

mactabby

I've been pole dancing (for fun and fitness only) for about 4 months, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I'm not lying when I say its the best exercise EVER. *hehe* Pole dancing first got my interest about 3 years ago when I saw Shelia Kelley (SFactor) on Oprah, but I never knew how I could go about doing it as there is no classes or anything around here. But until recently when I discovered it on youtube, I had the itch to try it again. The first video I saw on there was by a girl named TaraKarina. This girl is amazing, look her up. Her dancing style is more like ballerina/gymnastics rather then "raunchy". But after watching her and MANY others on there, I bought a pole (xpole) and been self teaching myself ever since. I learn from watching youtube, dvds and reading (pole fitness) forums. I'm doing pretty good...... Can do all kinds of tricks!!
smiles.gif
I think its SO fun, and it really is an amazing workout. Besides mac, this is my other obsession.
winkiss.gif

SO, are there any pole dancers on here?
smiles.gif

mactabby

OMG and gorgeous to add!!! She has the same pole as me too, but mines crome. Thanks for that, I bookmarked it. I'm always on the look out for new inspiration.
smiles.gif
Keeps me motivated. Do you pole?

redambition

i've done one class and i LOVED it.

I have to wait til i move out of home again (not that long now, hopefully...) to take it up. my mother just would not understand and hiding any injuries from her would be impossible.

mactabby

I always wanted to do a class. I bet its alot more fun doing it with a group, rather then by yourself......... *lol* Oh yeah the injuries would definitely be hard to hide. *lol* When I first started my legs would stay covered in bruises. Looked like I've been abused really bad. Most of them were inside my thighs, so you could imagine what people thought when I wore shorts/skirts. I think my legs are getting used to it now though, because I don't hardly bruise anymore (very little). I mostly get them now when learning new moves, when the pole rubs on new parts of the body.

redambition

oh yeah, those bruises are a killer
lol.gif

when i did the class i had massive bruises on both knees (i fell a couple of feet onto the floor trying to do a Vanessa) and lots on my calves and shins. it was scaaaaary!
lmao.gif
i was showing people at work, they'd turn pale at the sight of them.

a couple of girls i did the class with did take it up straight away, and they did find that the bruising lessened with time.

user79

I've wanted to try it out as well but I don't really have room for a pole at home.
ssad.gif

revinn

I've been doing Cardio Strip on and off for the past six months since I joined the gym. These past two months, I've been doing it twice a week, and I could not love it more. Nothing tones my thighs and arse faster then this friggin' class. I'm actually shaking after, but it feels so good and I feel more comfortable in my own skin!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactabby
OMG and gorgeous to add!!! She has the same pole as me too, but mines crome. Thanks for that, I bookmarked it. I'm always on the look out for new inspiration.
smiles.gif
Keeps me motivated. Do you pole?

Unfortunately not. I haven't the time, and the closest pole class is 30 or so miles away and I'm too lazy to drive that far.
smiles.gif

Pnk85

I've been doing Sheila Kelley's S Factor for 6 weeks now and I absolutely LOVE it, they do yoga/pilates for the first hour of the class and then the second hour we do pole dancing. My entire body is slowly toning up and tightening with each class I attend. I also love the fact that there are absolutely no mirrors in the studio and the lights are dim.

fingie

I work at a strip club (and have for 3 years as a bartender) and I can do better pole tricks than most of the dancers
winks.gif
I want one in my house...hopefully soon
smiles.gif
I have to convince the bf though, plus our ceilings aren't really high enough. I just mainly mess around when we're closed or play around with some of the girls before my shift when its slow
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

I want to do that so badly!

The sad thing is that right now I feel like I'm too big. Once I drop some weight I'll definitely give it a try.

TwiggyPop

I taught myself how to do pole tricks. Like the girl above me, I worked in a strip club ( I was the housemom so I did hair and make up ) and I ended up teaching the dancers a few things. I got tons of bruises at first, but the strength I've built up more than makes up for the bruises. Those become few and far between after a while anyway and you're left with the most toned body you could ever imagine. I'm even going to see if my roommate wants to install a pole in our spare bedroom. We have really high ceilings, hardwood floors and lots of room so the spare room is perfect.
Unfortunately I can't do any tricks right now because I'm pregnant, but as soon as this baby comes out I'm installing a pole! haha

liquidstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
PoleDance.se - Kurser i Stockholm, Sverige - Polefitness

She's friggen strong as hell, self trained, unbelievably fit, and graceful as hell.

OMG I've been obsessed with that website since you posted it. She is so pretty and my inspiration/motivation for working out. I only wish she was in America, specifically Orlando, FL so I could take her classes lol

tara_hearts

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about carmen electra's pole setup kit. The "Electra Pole" ? It's only like $130 but I am scared I would climb on it and it would collapse/tear a hole in my ceiling :p

Latest posts