MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

Lizzie

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

Ok, so I'm an NC 35/37 or a C4... I have pink undertones (which I kinda of want to cover) and olive undertones...

123? 127? or something else?

I wish there was a store near me!

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
Ok, so I'm an NC 35/37 or a C4... I have pink undertones (which I kinda of want to cover) and olive undertones...

123? 127? or something else?

I wish there was a store near me!

If you are an NC35-ish, then Shade 127. If you prefer more beige and less yellow, go with 128, or 125 for a lighter shade. I really find that it helps to look at the models for each shade on the Sephora MUFE pictoral foundation finder. I looked at the face of the model for 120 and knew it was for me!

Good luck in your search!

th_thb5ed765e.gif

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottycat
I am NC25 and I wear MUFE HD 120. Good luck!!

Thanks!! I'm NC25 and I have been trying to figure out if 117 or 120 was better for me. I just went out and bought 120 today and it is PERFECT!

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Does anyone know the equivalent for MUFE HD Foundation to MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC25?

I wear MUFE HD 120.

wynchester76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I was colormatched at Sephora for this foundation a couple of weeks ago: 115, 117, 118. The MA and I were both torn between the 115-117, but because my skin has more yellow undertones, I decided to try the 117. I ordered that along with the HD powder from Sephora over the weekend and can't wait to get it!

what r u in Mac when ur tan (I know u try not to tan anymore lol)--but I remember something once me & u were like the same when I didn't tan (nw15-nw20) so figured would be the same when u did tan lol WHATEVER--I am nw 25-nw30 mosta the time & trying to decide between the MUFE 135-140...hmm whatcha think?

dpatte03

I really want to try this. I am a NC44.5 SFF. What color do you think I should buy?

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynchester76
what r u in Mac when ur tan (I know u try not to tan anymore lol)--but I remember something once me & u were like the same when I didn't tan (nw15-nw20) so figured would be the same when u did tan lol WHATEVER--I am nw 25-nw30 mosta the time & trying to decide between the MUFE 135-140...hmm whatcha think?

I currently am an NW20 and wear a 117 in the HD foundation. I wear it because my skin tends to have yellow undertones and it really is a fab match
thmbup.gif

When I do tan (which I'm not sure if I ever will again, lol) I'm an NC35-NC37. The darkest I've ever been is an NC42 but I haven't been that dark in 2 years.
I think the color you got on your You Tube haul video is perfect for you, since you said you tend to have red undertones and I think that shade is for medium skin with pink undertones. Also, let me know how you like the HD primer you got
smiles.gif
HTH!

alka1

Everyone please wish me luck!

I just ordered my fifth bottle of this, hoping this time i'll get a good match for my skin.

I don't live near a Sephora, so i've had to resort to guessing what my shade is. I feel bad about returning them, but i'm not going to keep something that doesn't match my skin.

I'm really hoping this will be it
smiles.gif
I got 123 Desert. Anyone else use this shade?

SweetSweetIrony

I am not sure whether to get the HD foundation, or Mat Velvet. I have combination skin, oily t-zone and I break out quite a bit (teenage skin plus heavy medication never go well.) I am also deathly pale with horrible rosy cheeks.

I also don't know whether to choose the green primer or blue primer. Green would help with the redness, but the blue supposedly brightens and minutely helps with imperfections.

I'm the redhead, if that helps.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony
I am not sure whether to get the HD foundation, or Mat Velvet. I have combination skin, oily t-zone and I break out quite a bit (teenage skin plus heavy medication never go well.) I am also deathly pale with horrible rosy cheeks.

I also don't know whether to choose the green primer or blue primer. Green would help with the redness, but the blue supposedly brightens and minutely helps with imperfections.

If I was you, I would go for the blue primer and the HD foundation.
I have the same type of skin as you, combination, oily, and breakouts, and MUFE HD has worked wonders for me. I use the green primer but I would only use that if you have a lot of overall redness.

SweetSweetIrony

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
If I was you, I would go for the blue primer and the HD foundation.
I have the same type of skin as you, combination, oily, and breakouts, and MUFE HD has worked wonders for me. I use the green primer but I would only use that if you have a lot of overall redness.

My chin is very red, from old acne scars and general irritation from acne/whatever.

The cheeks are just straight pink though.
thmbdn.gif

blindpassion

You could try samples of both and see which one you enjoy more.

smiles.gif

I personally love the green its fantastic, but I hear they are all great.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
Everyone please wish me luck!

I just ordered my fifth bottle of this, hoping this time i'll get a good match for my skin.

I don't live near a Sephora, so i've had to resort to guessing what my shade is. I feel bad about returning them, but i'm not going to keep something that doesn't match my skin.

I'm really hoping this will be it
smiles.gif
I got 123 Desert. Anyone else use this shade?

If you call the MUFE boutique in NYC they will talk to you, suggest shades and send you several samples for free.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony

If your combination skin is more oily than dry, I'd go for mat velvet, especially if you want to completely cover the redness. Primers don't do as much for imperfections so I'd go for the green one. Besides that, if you choose the HD, it already looks sort of glowy so you won't need the blue primer as much anyway.

Winthrop44

Does anyone know of a corporate address to write to? I can't find anything on their web site and I'd like to suggest that they make a lighter yellow-based (or even neutral) shade than 117. The only lighter shade, 110, is very pink.
ssad.gif

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
does anybody here use shade #123. If so, what shade are you in MAC's foundations?

I'm NC30-35. I've already tried 127, 128, 140, 153. I was hoping #123 would be the one for me.

I'm NC35 and #123 was perfect for me. Its more of a yellowy beige like I am. HTH

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
After buying this last weekend, ALL of my MAC foundations have been sent to the foundation storage bin (i.e. out of current rotation.)

I stopped by Sephora today to pick up the HD primer; bought the HD foundation and microfinish powder (which blows my MAC setting powder out of the water IMHO) last weekend.

I would buy this again at $40 before buying MAC satinfinish with my discount.

Fast forward to today.... I used this for about 6 weeks or so before going back to some of my other foundations. I don't know what changed, but I am no longer as in love with this as I was when I first bought it at all. I find that it does look more caked now than it seemed to in the beginning and sitting on top of my skin versus looking flawless. My skin type is still the same, no more or less dry/oily than before.

Although, I don't find this necessarily different from any other foundation experience I've had (where I like it a lot for a while and then rediscover my love for another foundation), I will not be rushing out to buy a replacement bottle at $40 any time soon. I do still use it once and a while, but don't find that it has the staying power as it seemed to when I first tried it. Go figure.
th_dunno.gif

Currently, I am generally not even using a foundation, just some concealer for circles and Natural MSF. I think the next thing I'm going to try is the Smashbox Halo Perfecting Powder.

MakeUpGeek

I've had a real love / hate journey with MUFE.
I used the tester and loved it, bought the full size and continued happily using it...but suddenly my skin didn't seem to like it, and I started breaking out.

I quit using it.

Then I watched lollipop26 on youtube doing a review on it, and she mentioned she had needed to switch to a stronger moisturiser when using this...so I thought I'd give it another chance.

The heavier moisturiser mixed with my dermalogica precleanse to remove it has worked wonders.

I think this foundation is fantastic but you need to really work at keeping your skin tiptop for it to continue working. It needs an oil based makeup remover to get it completely off, otherwise it seems to clog pores.

So for me, for now - it's love again.
smiles.gif

Deolinda

I'm NC 25 in the Mineralize Satinfinish by MAC and just got the MUFE HD foundation in 118. I love, love, love it. I'm never going back...

Latest posts