MUFE High Definition Foundation Discussion

contrabassoon

Re: MUFE High Def Foundation!

I tried their HD powder on top of my Mineralize Satinfinish foundation and it made it look incredible. I'm going to get the powder first since I currently own two MAC foundations which I need to used up before I pick up the HD foundation. Besides, the powder made the two foundations that I own (Satinfinish and Full Coverage) look HD.
So until then I'm going to resist the urge to buy the HD foundation and just stick with the powder.

pat

So, I stopped by Sephora yesterday because I've been dying to try this! The makeup artist took her time matching me (which was great!), but the only con was that she was matched my face, but didn't take off the foundation I was already wearing. :/

While she was cleaning her brush (OMG HEAVEN SENT, thank goodness) I wiped off my foundation and it was a perfect match.

We ended up with the #128. I'm currently using MAC's NC40 in Studio Tech. I asked for a sample and here is what I thought...

I think the only thing I don't like about the foundation is that I feel that it feels sticky on my face.. Maybe it's because I didn't put a primer or my oil control. hahaha... I also didn't put enough loose powder on?

I'm really interested on how the loose powder will enhance the appearance of the foundation. hm..........

I'm going to have to try it again tomorrow and see how everything works out with my regular skin care regime. I'll update you all soon!

Ciara

I bought this foundation last week and so far i love it.
it feels great on my skin. it doesnt feel heavy or cakey.
and it has great staying power. and no break outs.

i think i may stick with this one for a while.

TheeBettyBoop

Has anyone here that's Nc37-Nc40 bought this foundation? If so, what color did you get or recommend to get. Thanks.

juicygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
Omg yes! I'm so thrilled I bought it. I am also tempted to buy backups haha :p And the HD Powder is supposed to be gold.. But I already have Laura Mercier's Loose Powder and the BE Mineral Veil.. so I'll wait till I run out of those (even though it's soo tempting).

And I definitely don't think it's full coverage! It provides coverage that you can build. But what thrills me is that it literally never gets cakey, and that's always been a problem with me. It looks so, so natural and lasts all day. I sound like a spokesperson, but gah! It's bliss.

i agree with you it is most definitely not a full coverage foundation only. i think you can make it sheer or full depending on how much you use. i usually have pretty flawless skin on a normal day to day basis [thank you retin-a!] and i only like to use sheer coverage that day cuz i DESPISE the caked on feeling. but, occassionally i will have some break outs and then i just use a little more of the foundation and i'm good to go.

rachybloom, invest in the hd powder...it is instant love!! it blows be mineral veil into the dust. try it, you'll love it!! i know it's expensive but i've had my powder now for like 4 months or so and i use it every single day and there's like 3/4's of it left.

xtiffineyx

Hmmm..I'm interested in trying this foundation. Any of you girlies that has it should post up a pic of you with it on! =D It would be greatly appreciated!

meanjeanster

I bought it the other day and there are soooo many shades firstly. Secondly it is rather sheer but very buildable and when you build it, the color stays the same and doesn't look cakey or discolored in the areas where you put more foundation. I love it, it looks natural and seamless and your skin feels light and can breathe easily.

rachybloom

I'll try posting pictures tomorrow if I get a chance. Just an update: I moved into my new apartment today (yay starting college) and it was probably 115 degrees outside. My apartment is on the third floor and I took the stairs everytime to move my stuff in (anything to burn more calories!). I was walking around everywhere outside all day and the MUFE HD Foundation didn't budge, didn't oxidize, and didn't melt.

spoiledkiwi

I'm curious how this compares to f&b in terms of coverage and finish. I'm going to pick up a sample of both f&b and HD on Saturday, I can't wait!

richelleneB

now - i am def getting samples for me to try out. this is the first ever foundation i will buy.
smiles.gif

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I really want to try this! It sucks that I don't have a Sephora close by.

Me too...I hate living in the middle of nowhere
ssad.gif

richelleneB

oops sorry i forgot to say thank you ladies for sharing the info about it. SO, Big thanks from me.
winks.gif

hunnybun

i after trying this, i was ready to chuck my studio fix fluid into the garbage bin. i didn't realize how bad my old foundation looked on me until i saw how good MUFE HD looks! as some pointed out, the coverage is not as heavy as studio fix fluid -- but the quality of the coverage is totally a worthwhile trade off. even in direct sunlight, you can't see my make up (I couldn't beleive how good it looked in the mirror of my car's sunshade!!) with studio fix, not matter how well i blended, you could always see the microparticals and texture when you looked up close that are a dead give away for foundation face.

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
I did some swatches in this thread

Thank you so much for the swatches! I have similar coloring to yours and those pics gave me a much better idea
smiles.gif

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
Thank you so much for the swatches! I have similar coloring to yours and those pics gave me a much better idea
smiles.gif

the 118, which is the next color up is too beige, so I'll get the 117, which when applied, blends right into the skin for a flawless look (without looking like you're wearing anything).

~Crystal~

Hmm... I second the request for a comparison between this and face and body!

With NO MUFE in Australia... I really want some advice before attempting to order it from overseas!

How do these two compare? Anyone? I have Face and Body- though I suspect it's the old formula with the mineral oil in it, and find it looks GORGEOUS- absolutely like I have nothing on my face, but a bit pore clogging if I use it on a daily basis- it's ok if I use it once or twice a week. I do get more oily with it on, than with my MSFN on though...

Does this foundation have the same flawless disappear into your skin kind of effect as the Face and Body one? Is the coverage better than with Face and Body?

So many questions... with so few answers lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
greengrin.gif

SweetCheeks

I also can't wait to try this foundation ! Do the shades all tend to run dark ? I don't wear MAC foundation now but I am light/medium skin with yellow/olive undertones so I just assumed I would be Soft Sand (120) or Desert (123)... but if they run dark maybe Marble (117) will be better for me ...

preciouscharm

I've been eyeing this foundation for so long! But I never have the funds for me to actually buy it
ssad.gif
. This thread makes me want it even more!!!

Latest posts