Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC Return and Exchange Policy Questions

MAC Return and Exchange Policy Questions

I went to MAC to get a new blush brush yesterday, and the MA gave me the 168 brush. I really don't like it, and it's not what I had intended to get. My blush goes on so thick with that brush, even when I use just a tiny tiny bit. I've only used it a twice, thinking I could make it work, but it's just not. Would I be able to return the brush and exchange it for another one? I have my recipt and the original package. I got it at the counter at Nordstrom.

TIA.

I don't see why you couldn't return it if you are unhappy with it.

I know for sure they will take them back if there is something wrong with it as I returned a brush because the paint around the bristles (this was an eyebrow brush) cracked and started chipping off. At first I didn't care until a big chunk of the paint got in my eye!
    "Today I see beauty everywhere I go, in every face I see, in every single soul, and sometimes even in myself." - Kevyn Aucoin

I'm hoping I can exchange it because I am really unhappy with it. The MA was using many different brushes on me and we just got caught up in conversation and I ended up with this brush. I'm going to take it back tomorrow.

Anyone else know if they will let me exchange it?

Yes, I'm sure you can return it. I don't think you'll have a problem.
    My Blog:Beauty in color || Beauty of color

Yes, you can exchange it, definitely.
    Sarah - Flying M·A·Caholic

Hi there,

I think they would let you return it. I know at the counter that I go to they are really good about things like that. You just bought it, it's not like you had if for a month and then tried to return it.

I am not 100% sure about the return policy on brushes but they will exchange pretty much everything else so give it a try.

Like the ladies above, I'd give it a shot. Just tell them what you told us, and be extra polite. I'm sure you already are, but it has to be obvious to them. It sounds like you want a different brush so it'd be an exchange, and stores prefer that over refunding, usually. Let us know how you go if you decide to try.

The M·A·C official policy on "product returns" is very clear and no distinction is made between cosmetics or tools and accessories. The exact policy wording is;
    If the Customer returns a product you must accept the product without resistance
    It goes on to say;
    A Customer may return an item for any or no reason and we will graciously accept the return.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caffn8me
    The M·A·C official policy on "product returns" is very clear and no distinction is made between cosmetics or tools and accessories. The exact policy wording is;
    If the Customer returns a product you must accept the product without resistance
    It goes on to say;
    A Customer may return an item for any or no reason and we will graciously accept the return.

Thankyou for that, may i quote that in my complaint to the Mac manager after my experience?

Also when i bought my first Mac brush i was told they don't exchange/refund brushes after they're used....

Well I'm going to try to exchange it today. I'm hoping that when I show them my recipt which has $200 worth of products on it (from two days ago) and that today I'm getting all three holiday eye palettes, viva glam palette, as well as a few new pigments (and whatever else I find), they will be a little more gracious since I'm a dedicated customer. Cross your fingers.

Yes, if you are not happy with the brush, then definately take it back. M.A.C. will accept the return.
    I
    &
    II

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
    Thankyou for that, may i quote that in my complaint to the Mac manager after my experience?

Also when i bought my first Mac brush i was told they don't exchange/refund brushes after they're used....

Certainly, it's on page 18 of the M·A·C Product Handbook (and quoting extracts is considered 'fair use' for copyright law).

yeah u can.. i remember when i bought my 187 i wass bitching cuz it was so much money (ummm playfully of course... ummm... lol) and the MA told me that if i didnt like it, i could return it.

They let me exchange it. YAY!

Details about MAC's return and exhange policy?

Ok, I contacted CS about a lipglass I have that went bad quickly...they said they would send a replacement. They then said that they were out of that color and would send a check. I then swapped for said lipglass and of course they then send me that lipglass in the mail instead of the check. So now I have two of the same color. If I take the new one sent by CS to a store without a reciept will they let me get something else...and if so will they throw out the I got in the mail even if its unopened? Cause I hate for a BN gloss to go in the trash when I can just swap it. Thanks ladies!

Products that are returned to M·A·C are not placed back into sales inventory even if unopened. Swap it if you can.

Awww darn, thats what I thought! Thanks for letting me know

Quick Return and Refund Question (broken s/s)

Hi. Yesterday I felt pink. I bougth Sushi Flower and Crimsonaire. I just can't get SF to work for me. It won't show up at all so I'd like to return it and since I won't have it I won't need the shade stick .. but the problem is that when I brought the shade stick home it was broken. i couldn't get it up and it appeared to have been used as pink had been smeared around the tip. Is this ok to return or will the make me have to exchange for another?

I had one shipped to me once where the stick of color had broken off too. I had a hassle free time returning. Just make sure you bring your receipt. If it is within 30 days, I can't see why there would be a problem.

they should refund your money on both counts. mac is pretty good about returns, or has been in the few instances i've had to do them.

Thanks. I just know that some places won't refund things that have been broken but will give you an exchange for the same item. I knew MAC accepted used items, but wasn't sure about broken.

I had this happen with a bronzer and they exchanged it w/o a problem.
    Check my SALE for HK, 180 brushes & more!!

MAC doesn't resell their product when it gets returned, it gets dumped. So the condition of the product is somewhat irrelevant.

I didn't know that. Do they not even use it as a tester? What about if it's never been used at all before?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JGunnar
    I didn't know that. Do they not even use it as a tester? What about if it's never been used at all before?

even if you walked out the door and came back 5 mins later to return it, it would be thrown out.

Just for future reference - if you ever buy another s/s and have a problem w/it screwing up, pop the colored portion off the back and stick a pencil in it - eraser side first and it should work.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JGunnar

theyre not thrown out so dont feel bad hahah

Quote:
    Originally Posted by professionaltart
    theyre not thrown out so dont feel bad hahah

What happens to it then?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ztatrixie
    even if you walked out the door and came back 5 mins later to return it, it would be thrown out.

I find that hard to believe. Sorry, maybe that is a policy of MAC's but I really can't see any of the MA's at my counter throwing out a perfectly good shadow knowing that it hasn't been used. (Unless they can keep the stuff that they put in their discard bin for themselves.........)

We actually put it in a return and tester bin and it is sent off to be recycled-it doesnt matter if you bought it 5 minutes ago or 30 days ago! I wouldnt want to put a returned product on my face and I know all our MAC customers deserve the same! You can return anything for any reason within 30 days with a reciept also!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast