MAC Return and Exchange Policy Questions

JGunnar

Thanks. I just know that some places won't refund things that have been broken but will give you an exchange for the same item. I knew MAC accepted used items, but wasn't sure about broken.

Kristen

MAC doesn't resell their product when it gets returned, it gets dumped. So the condition of the product is somewhat irrelevant.

JGunnar

I didn't know that. Do they not even use it as a tester? What about if it's never been used at all before?

ztatrixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar
I didn't know that. Do they not even use it as a tester? What about if it's never been used at all before?

even if you walked out the door and came back 5 mins later to return it, it would be thrown out.

cakes

Just for future reference - if you ever buy another s/s and have a problem w/it screwing up, pop the colored portion off the back and stick a pencil in it - eraser side first and it should work.

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar

theyre not thrown out so dont feel bad hahah
smiles.gif

cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
theyre not thrown out so dont feel bad hahah
smiles.gif

What happens to it then?

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztatrixie
even if you walked out the door and came back 5 mins later to return it, it would be thrown out.

I find that hard to believe. Sorry, maybe that is a policy of MAC's but I really can't see any of the MA's at my counter throwing out a perfectly good shadow knowing that it hasn't been used. (Unless they can keep the stuff that they put in their discard bin for themselves.........)

We actually put it in a return and tester bin and it is sent off to be recycled-it doesnt matter if you bought it 5 minutes ago or 30 days ago! I wouldnt want to put a returned product on my face and I know all our MAC customers deserve the same! You can return anything for any reason within 30 days with a reciept also!!!!

amoona

MACcosmetics.com Return Question

So I bought some Jewelscent stuff online because I wanted to avoid the crazy holiday shopping. Then I went to the MAC counter today since it's a weekday and picked up the glitter, I wanted to pick up the all over gloss too but held off because I didn't want to spend more money.

So I am going to be getting my Jewelscent stuff next week from the website and after seeing the stuff in person I want to return the f/l I got as well as as the Divine Lime glitter and keep the Peacocky glitter. Do I have to return it through the website ... it just took a lot longer then I expected. I'd rather just go to a MAC store or Nordstroms or Macy's and just return it or even exchange it if that's the most they'll do. NE1 know?!

Winthrop44

No, you can't return it to a counter or store. Returns and exchanges thru the web site via mail are very easy though, just follow the instructions that come on the receipt.

amoona

damn that kinda sucks haha, oh well hopefully it's easily like u say ... i'm putting me trust in u.
winks.gif

eye_pr0mise

return policy

i havent returned anything at mac before. so here i am asking .. lOl
anyways i have the studio fix that i bought a while back its only been used once. to try the color, but it didnt match me. and i dont know where the reciept is, can i still return it ??

DaizyDeath

if its less then 30 days old and you still have the box with the scan tag on it then you should be able to return it.

Also if you name is in the system then it should show that you purchased that how ever man days ago.

Lalli

if its more than 30 u cnt return it specially without a reciept.. if it doesnt suit your skin put it up on ebay or on here
smiles.gif

SARAHluvsMAC

it actually depends on where you bought it...
mac store return policy: with a receipt and within 30 days
partnered locations: depends on the location, for example nordstrom will take anything back

kalice

Lash Return at Free Standing Stores?

I got the #7 lashes and they don't do anything for me =( In fact, first thing my boyfriend said to me was..."omg there's a spider on your eyes" and he wasn't joking!

I wanted to return them, but when I bought it at the free standing MAC store, the SA said that they can't be returned because it has been used and so can't be resold. I thought all products can be returned, regardless of whether or not it has been used. And I thought MAC didn't resell return products....

Or should I just go back and try?

amoona

Re: Lash Return at Free Standing Stores?

I don't work at a freestanding store but I know at the counter we don't take back lashes that have been opened. I'm not sure if they resell returned lashes that are sealed (I'm still new) but I know they wont take back any opened lashes. They also wont reapply used lashes on you anymore, the manager said we got a memo about it because of sanitation reasons. Someone who has been with MAC longer may have more information on that.

Also I agree about the #7 lashes ... I know a lot of people love them but I hate them. The #20s are flawless though!

Latest posts