MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

MAC_Fafinette14

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

^^^I added it up...an MSF is around $37.86 including tax.
I've never owned any MSF's before this, so I might splurge on the Blonde one. It seems useful enough...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I'm not sure if you would know this or not, but does the 214 compare at all to the LM smudge brush? Just going by the pics, they look quite similar.

this guy? very similar. the bristles are in a little different shape, but yep, its tiny like that. never used the LM one, so i don't know how the feel of it is in comparison.

_5197507.jpg

but it looks more like this one from sephora

P188209_hero.jpg

if you look at it on their site, look at the profile pic. the 214's profile is more tapered on the tip than this one's profile. all the new brushes are literally mini (and with this one mini wee-mee) versions of the ones i compared them to. literally!

i'll try and take pics of everything with my new camera friday and saturday and will post saturday night (working til close friday
ssad.gif
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Fafinette14
Erine, after reading your insights on the eye shadows, I have one question: what's your take on the lip colours? I may just end up getting an l/s and l/g, and I want to know how they really are. I'm lemming Chignon and Quick Tease, but now...I'm not so sure.

i didn't get a chance to swatch em on my skin yet but those will be very pretty on darker skin tones (not sure what yours is). chignon is a glaze, so you're not gonna get alot of color payoff with that one.

jaclynashley

Wait Wait Wait!
The 214 Is Going To Be Perm At Pro Stores?!?!?!
Please Say Yes Erine!
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclynashley
Wait Wait Wait!
The 214 Is Going To Be Perm At Pro Stores?!?!?!
Please Say Yes Erine!
smiles.gif

nope.gif

perm at ALL stores! not just pro.

th_LMAO.gif
sorry, had to throw some funnies in there.

jaclynashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
nope.gif

perm at ALL stores! not just pro.

th_LMAO.gif
sorry, had to throw some funnies in there.

Soooooooooo not funny!
But I forgive you because it's perm everywhere!
winkiss.gif

caramel_geek

My list as of today:

Henna e/s
Knight e/s
Pincurl e/s

Seems like a reasonable list to me now.
greengrin.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
flip isn't all that great. its a yellower version of mythology, and french cuff is a pinker version. three and four down. and these are both lustres. damn you mac for your mislableing.
censored.gif

Okay...I'm a little confused (nothing new there!)...French Cuff is the so-called "ice pink", and not the "burgundy purple", right? How is the burgundy purple...(100 Strokes?)...and is that a frost?

Susanne

wavey.gif
Hello you all out there!! I hope you are all enjoying christmas if you celebrate
th_star.gif

I could collect the first money for BBR now
winks.gif

And I am very excited about the new MSFs, the brushes and the lipglasses
yes.gif

snowflakelashes

Whoops.... Sorry Gals, I am excited about the brushes! Um yes *ditzy on christmas*

NotteRequiem

My list for this collection is absolutely -insane-. I'm afraid to add it all up to see how much it'll actually cost me...

drools.gif

abbyquack

Ok so I'm 95% sure I want Top Knot, 100 Strokes, Henna and Pincurl, and the 226. Maybe out 50% on the 165.... If it's super small I might not bother, but it looks like it might be handy for contouring.
th_dunno.gif

orkira

I'm confused as to why the MSFs don't look like the other ones from past collections? These ones in this collection look like stripes of 4 different colors. How do you use that then???

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkira
I'm confused as to why the MSFs don't look like the other ones from past collections? These ones in this collection look like stripes of 4 different colors. How do you use that then???

These will be new MSFs, more like the Shimmerbricks from Bobbi Brown.

You can use every color alone as an e/s or as a blush or highlighter or all stripes swirled together!

orkira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
These will be new MSFs, more like the Shimmerbricks from Bobbi Brown.

You can use every color alone as an e/s or as a blush or highlighter or all stripes swirled together!

Now I am excited. Thanks so much for the info.
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Okay...I'm a little confused (nothing new there!)...French Cuff is the so-called "ice pink", and not the "burgundy purple", right? How is the burgundy purple...(100 Strokes?)...and is that a frost?

not only does mac mislabel the shadows, but they also mislabel our update books. if you look at the swatches that i posted, i had an arrow at these two cuz i was confused. when i swatched em, i matched the names, but later noticed that the color descrips didn't match. those were messed up on mac's part.

100 strokes is the purple, and iirc, it isn't a frost like the book says. its really a velvet, but i can't be sure. the update for this collection was only two hours long, so i could only swatch on paper and not skin. i'll double check all the shadows tmrw at work.

MzzRach

I have the Laura Mercier Smudge Brush (as well as a similar brush from Smashbox), so I am thinking I can skip the 214.
yes.gif
But the 226 looks like it will be mine...

Princesa Livia

since knight e/s has already been released before, does anyone know how it compares to pandamonium e/s?
cutey.gif

comparison swatches would be appreciated too
smiles.gif

Face2Mac

The 226 looks like a good softer brush to cut the crease with because of the pointy tip, so def. a new must-have. I can cut my crease with the 219 and soften it with the 222 but that kinda of smears the line, so this is great, even if it a mini?

Didn't Stila have a brush something like this that was double-ended or something.

panther27

Quote:
not only does mac mislabel the shadows, but they also mislabel our update books. if you look at the swatches that i posted, i had an arrow at these two cuz i was confused. when i swatched em, i matched the names, but later noticed that the color descrips didn't match. those were messed up on mac's part.

100 strokes is the purple, and iirc, it isn't a frost like the book says. its really a velvet, but i can't be sure. the update for this collection was only two hours long, so i could only swatch on paper and not skin. i'll double check all the shadows tmrw at work.

100 strokes is the es I didn't see when I looked at the collection this week.maybe that's why I don't remember seeing it,because it's not ice pink after all
angry.gif
That would make sense.Bad MAC
nonono.gif
Thanks for clearing that up Erine.

Latest posts