MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

Shoegal-fr

Ok ladies, i'm going insane. I can't help changing my mind every two minutes...

So far, i'm going to get:

the 3 MSFs (i'm not 100% sure yet about the brunette one)

Chignon l/s and Quick tease, Strawberry Blonde, Red Devil l/g

the 226 brush

And maybe Henna e/s

BUT could anyone help me finding a red coral lipstick that could be gorgeously paired with red devil l/g, pleaseeee?

princess

Strawberry Blonde looks like a winner in this collection, plus the MSFs!
Can't wait for my SB to come, the swatch look so promising!

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
The 226 brush is LE. I would grab it now if you want it.
yes.gif

Agreed! This is the best brush ever...I bought two!!!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Agreed! This is the best brush ever...I bought two!!!

amazed.gif
<-- facial expression of my wallet while reading this

I am thinking about getting two too and maybe kick Pincurl e/s from the list for the second one.
yes.gif

I need it to be February here! To rethink my list every day is driving me nuts!
wacko.gif
th_crazy2.gif

TISH1124

^^ Thats what I did...I kicked something off to get 2 ...actually the 214...Because it is perm...but then my friend sent me one...Love her

Carrie Ann

Really is it? What makes it so different from 224 for example? And is 165 really so special?

214 has to be buyed- I feel, that this one is really life-saving, but Im not quite sure 'bout the other ones...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I thought that this was going to be available at via MAC Pro after this collection? My understanding is that the 226 is LE, 165 is LE (but going Pro) and the 214 is perm.

You are correct...but the 165 is not going to be at Pro is what they told me only the 214

Karen_B

The more I see pics of it, the more I want French Cuff, but I understand the texture is really bad. I have Tempting and Mythology eyeshados in Lustre finish and have no problem with them, but if FC is anything like Bold as Gold from Fafi Eyes 2, then there is no way I'm paying for it.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
BUT could anyone help me finding a red coral lipstick that could be gorgeously paired with red devil l/g, pleaseeee?

I imagine it would be insane over Coral Polyp from Dame Edna.
heart.gif
It certainly works over Blow Dry and would likely also be delightful over Vegas Volt from the perm line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Ann
Really is it? What makes it so different from 224 for example? And is 165 really so special?

214 has to be buyed- I feel, that this one is really life-saving, but Im not quite sure 'bout the other ones...

The 226 is smaller than the 224 and comes to a pointed tip, so you can be much more precise, and it is much more versatile, allowing you to accomplish more things with it. The 165 is lovely for highlighting and contouring, but I don't see it as essential, as I already have brushes that do those things.

xoleaxo

since there is now free shipping from maccosmetics.com for the next two days, i guess i'm justified in getting the #226 and mayyybee something else..
winks.gif
lol

Mirtika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Red Devil looks horrible on me, yet everyone likes it
th_dunno.gif
I guess for this collection everyone had to try lip products on for themselves to see. You can't really depend on other ppl's review

Add me to that number. I ordered TWO of the Red Devils based on the raves and how I've been getting more corally/orangey colors in the last year, but Red Devil looks crappy on my pigmented lips and NC44 tone. Too milky/frosty. Ugh. Soft Wave makes me look like I overdosed on some drug and its residue is on my lips.

What a disappointment.

Strawberry Bonde, on the other hand, looks very fresh and nice--a good going on errands or to the gym color for me. It's like a pinkier Rich and Ripe (and I loved R&R and got FIVE of them last year.) I wish I had gotten two of SB, not Red Devil.

I am not buying anything else from BBR without going to the store. The online recommendations failed for this collection (though they were dead on for a couple others when it came to my skin tone).

Ah, well. I guess I can give away the unopened ones as gifts (on folks who might suit them better).

Mirtika<--wee sad

TISH1124

^^ I tried Red Devil on My hand and I l ready know it's gonna look horrid on my lips...Not even gonna try it and get mad!

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I imagine it would be insane over Coral Polyp from Dame Edna.
heart.gif
It certainly works over Blow Dry and would likely also be delightful over Vegas Volt from the perm line.

Ha! Thank you! I'll try that!

cupcake123

I agree that it's best to try on in person. Red Devil did not look good on me at all. Strawberry Blonde however was very pretty on. Of course I loved Rich and Ripe so that maybe why I liked this also.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I'm paler than NW15 with blue-pink undertones and red hair and I frigging love Red Devil. I wonder how much that one reacts with different body chemistries?

Also, the insane part of me wants another redhead MSF, but the sane part is telling it to shut up because MSFs last a zillion uses and I have a lot of MSFs...

I love how it looks on me too...a pretty pinky coral. I really think that the color of my lips (very pigmented reddish blue tones) is making it more pinky than orange. Plus, this lg is very pigmented by itself, so if you just glop a whole bunch on its prolly not gonna look very good. With this color, I recommend trying a thin application.

It looks awesome over blow dry or a very light appl. of coral polyp
winks.gif

And, yeah, I want anther Redhead msf too. It powders a lot when you apply the brush to it & I love the darker strip, so I'm thinking maybe I'll use it up faster.
th_wink3.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Sigh, I wish I could talk with you about this collection now!!
ssad.gif

Me too!
crybaby.gif
We still have to wait so long!

Shoegal-fr

Am i the only one being really tired of the delay between US and European (and others) release dates! I mean, how can it be justified??
And i'm even more pissed when it comes to French brands. They are designed here, and made here, how comes that it's released one month (if not 2 or 3 months) earlier in the US, SERIOUSLY!!!!

Latest posts