Head rushes... I mean, I get them A LOT.

darkishstar

So what's the deal with the head rushes I get? I didn't really notice that I got them a lot till about last week, but I did have them often before. Now it's really often and pretty bad. Basically every time I stand up, I get a head rush, I get dizzy, my head hurts, my vision clouds up and I can't see anything. I have to look down and put a hand to my head and just try not to stumble/fall down and wait for it to pass.

Why does this happen to me?
Is there anything I can do about it?

rbella

I only get that if I stand up too fast and stretch at the same time. You might want to see a doctor. Please make sure you are ok. You are the unofficial Cover Girl for Kirsch, you know!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Are you eating enough?

I think so. I have breakfast/lunch when I wake up. Another meal later on.. and another one later on.

Can head rushes be caused by a weight issue?

Brittni

Well obviously lack of calories in your body definitely makes you not be able to focus, etc. If I go to work and forget to bring my lunch, by 5 p.m. when I'm driving home I'm swerving on the road like I'm drunk - seriously LOL!

Could also have something to do with anemia? But yeah, lack of blood sugars definitely could be causing it. like how it is for diabetes.

darkishstar

Hmmm, don't think I'm a anemic, I don't bruise easily. Some days I do only have two meals though, that could be why.

I'm also 110 lbs for being... 5'4.75". Maybe that too?

kristina ftw!

I get the same thing. For me, it's because I have abnormally low blood pressure. If that's the case with you as well, it's not dangerous, just very annoying and exhausting.
tong.gif
Go see a doctor though, you never know.

darkishstar

Could just be that. Is there anything that can be done about low blood pressure?

Last time I was checked.. mine was.. 110 over 55?

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Could just be that. Is there anything that can be done about low blood pressure?

Last time I was checked.. mine was.. 110 over 55?

Not really, I mean, I don't think anything will "cure" it. But for me, just drinking and eating enough, preferably something salty, helps a lot. That's what my doctor told me to do.
I wish I could remember what mine was. I'll ask mom and dad tomorrow and get back to you! I don't even know what's considered "normal", haha.

Shimmer

There's a name for this, it's got to do with your blood pressure, and most of the time it's really not a big deal, it just feels weird. I can't remember what the specific name is off the top of my head though.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina ftw!
Not really, I mean, I don't think anything will "cure" it. But for me, just drinking and eating enough, preferably something salty, helps a lot. That's what my doctor told me to do.
I wish I could remember what mine was. I'll ask mom and dad tomorrow and get back to you! I don't even know what's considered "normal", haha.

I think my food is really salty though. Hahaha.. I don't get why my blood pressure is so low. Maybe it's the amount I exercise that cancels out the effects of that sodium.

And it'd be great if you could get back to me on your blood pressure! Thanks.
smiles.gif

NutMeg

I get this a lot too, as does most of my family, whenever we stand up too fast. In my mum's case its due to low blood pressure but the rest of us have fairly normal blood pressure.

*KT*

I've always had low blood pressure as well. Usually around 110/60, sometimes a bit lower. I tend to have head rushes more often in warm environments and go from crouched down to standing up too quickly. Especially if I'm on my knees weeding our landscaping and stand up too fast, I'll have to stand still a moment until it passes. I've NEVER passed out, from head rushes or otherwise. When I'm working outside, I try to just be aware of it and not stand up super fast. I'd rather not end up face first in wood mulch, lol.

panther27

Oh wow that sucks.I get the same thing,I feel really light headed and dizzy,my vision clouds up even when I am walking around,just standing up,etc.I have to stop for a minute to get myself together.I actually went to the doctor for this because my mom and boyfriend were really worriede,and the doctor said that it is not normal.So I went in for a catscan,and this was actually a few weeks ago,and it came back clear.So I still don't know
th_dunno.gif

MzzRach

Hey there - might be worth it to see your doctor, if only to rule anything serious out. Especially since it seems they have escalated lately?

Take care of yourself.

darkishstar

Thanks for all of the good advice.
smiles.gif

Yeah, I think I should go see a doctor or something at least.

Or maybe I need to add more meals + snacking in the day? I also have super fast metabolism, which could be adding to what Brittni said earlier, if I was eating right and all.

glam8babe

i get these ALOT! only when i stand up too fast
i used to get freaked out but it happens to alot of my friends too

darkishstar

Hmm, the thing is I don't think I'm standing up all that quickly, I don't jump up or anything ahaha. So yeah.. it's like... normal speed? But I get them anyways.
ssad.gif

Latest posts