B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Shawna

I would try emailing MAC just to confirm this. I know a lot of MA's that said you couldn't use back to macs for the limited edition lipsticks, but the real policy was only for limited edition packaging. That is a big difference. Btw, that is the cutest avatar
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Most of the time the MA's never even open them. They just count them. I think with this program there are alot of misinformed employees.

Isis

I doubt that's true. At the MAC store I go to they accept mine without any problems. The only time I have issues is if I go to a counter b/c they hardly ever (if at all) see the empty shadow pots with the center piece popped out.
I agree with pumpkincat, there are ALOT of misinformed empolyees out there.

poppy z

Today i returned 18 depotting e/s empty after depotting (with no pan inside). I gave them to a sympathic MA and I had 3 free lipsticks. But I hope this new policy is not true...

ruby_soho

I doubt that's true. For one, how do they expect people to use up entire shadows and blushes (getting a free lipstick after waiting 6 years isn't appealing:p) and secondly, that would be stupid to require the metal pan because at the factory they would have to seperate the pan from the plastic which would be a big hassle.

MAC_Pixie04

If that is a new policy, it's stupid. But I doubt they would do that. They can't recycle the pan, and like ruby soho said, they would have to separate the pan and plastic anyway. We're doing them a favor and cutting out the middle man. The containers are just gonna be melted down into new ones anyway, so I really doubt it matters what condition they're in, as far as the pan being absent or not. I've never seen them check my eyeshadow pans. i know they check lipglass tubes to make sure they're fullsized and not mini's like from the Holiday Sets. But I always go to the same MA everytime and she loves me and would let me get away with murder as long as her job wasn't at stake.

bellaetoile

i agree, i really doubt MAC would do this, as it would dissuade a LOT of people from de-potting, which, in the long run, does help their sales, by upping the number of palette and quad purchases. i have depotted probably around 80-some eyeshadows, taken them in as recently as the culturebloom release, and been able to get lipsticks, so long as they weren't in special packaging. i had to kind of fight to get LE ones from culturebloom, but when i asked the bitchy MA to speak to the manager about the policy, she backed down quickly and let me have them. if there's still doubt, e-mail MAC, include which counter, and the name of the MA you spoke to, and they should have a response back to you soon. print it up, and take it in to the counter, or simply ask to speak to a manager. there are RESTRICTIONS, such as using the minis and stuff, but you should be able to take in any fullsized product..

blueyedlady87

My counter doesn't even count! You just hand over a little baggy and they toss it in the box and give you a free lipstick. However, I wouldn't even try to lie since they do a B2M log and could probably trace you. Plus, I just don't want to abuse such a cool program!

ladycandy

they would lose a lot of money if this were true!!

does anyone who works for mac know about this???
i have back2mac empties waiting to be exchanged too!!

brokenplaything

yes it's true,
mac is not supposed to take back empties without the pan in it, nor can you return just the pan for the pro palettes.

the only time i would think you can return just the pro palette pan is a freestanding store or a pro store..not a counter. although I am not sure in this case.

but as for some people being able to, that would be the mac artists fault as they are supposed to check for this.

yeah yeah its dumb, b ut it's policy.

i got this from mac management.

Cdjax

Yeah, I'm going to go to a different MAC counter tommorrow, and hopefully they'll accept it. I must have Sweetie Lipstick!
smiles.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenplaything
yes it's true,
mac is not supposed to take back empties without the pan in it, nor can you return just the pan for the pro palettes.

the only time i would think you can return just the pro palette pan is a freestanding store or a pro store..not a counter. although I am not sure in this case.

but as for some people being able to, that would be the mac artists fault as they are supposed to check for this.

yeah yeah its dumb, b ut it's policy.

i got this from mac management.

Did you call and find this out? I find that there is a lot of discrepancy in this information, even within the company.

If they don't take it, go to another counter. I do know that what MAC is interested in when they recycle B2M is the plastic, not the metal - otherwise propans would count as B2M's. I asked at my counter if they take depotted shadows and they do.

ladycandy

i really think mac will lose so much money if no counter will accept eyeshadows, because no one will depot and therefore the sales of pro palettes will drop so much.
Considering that LE eyeshadows can't be bought in pans anyway so people have to depot them for palettes..

grrr....

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdjax
Yeah, I'm going to go to a different MAC counter tommorrow, and hopefully they'll accept it. I must have Sweetie Lipstick!
smiles.gif

I am wondering which counter you went to, as I live in Tampa as well...

lovejam

I certainly hope that's not true. I've got 12 empties I was planning to turn in for free lipsticks. If they say no, I'm gonna be pretty upset.

bellaetoile

until MAC management posts something on the website, or i see something in print, i frankly won't believe that you can't bring back empties with no silver pan. i did it 3 days ago, to the freestanding store in pasadena, and the manager even looked them over, saw that the shadow pots had no silver pan, and allowed me to get a free lipstick. in fact, she encouraged me to continue buying eyeshadow pots and depotting, because MAC makes money off of that, since the price of a lipstick is lesser than the price difference between 6 pan/pot shadows. if they are changing this policy for some idiotic reason, they need to have a written disclosure of the change.

n_j_t

Quote:
in fact, she encouraged me to continue buying eyeshadow pots and depotting, because MAC makes money off of that, since the price of a lipstick is lesser than the price difference between 6 pan/pot shadows. if they are changing this policy for some idiotic reason, they need to have a written disclosure of the change.

I agree. They specify in the B2M section what they will and won't accept, and if it says nothing about the metal pan being part of the packaging, I think it should be acceptable. Besides, as others have already pointed out, they have to remove it anyway. :confused:

Latest posts