Help me achieve Jessica Burciaga's hair?

aimerbijoux

I can't provide pictures of her right now since i'm in a public area, but you can go to her myspace I've been dying to do something with my hair for a while and thanks to becky (glam8babe)'s forum I saw Jessica's pictures and i'm in love with her hair and its not like her hair is way out there or anything, so I think I can pull it off.

Here are a couple of pictures of me that show my hair for reference and recommendations.

-- my hair is not layered, its just one length except for 2 shorter sections of hair that frame my face that fall down to my chin

n692807713_874288_3717.jpg

(My hair naturally)

n692807713_667665_860.jpg

My hair when I straighten it

Which one of her looks would suit me best (color wise)? I want the color and/or highlights, the hair cut, the style, basically all of it.

What should I tell my stylist? I've never had anything other than a basic cut (no coloring, no highlights, nothing!) so this all seems a little overwhelming to me.

Thanks so much for all your help!

EDIT I got it cut, but its more "new" Kim K than Jessica Burciaga.

MizzHotTahiti

I'd def keep ur natural base color and get ur hair frosted(lots of thin pale blonde highlights all over ur head)like she wears in her recent playboy pix.so sexy!

get a cut full of layers(front and back for major volume) starting at ur chin.

also print out a photo to bring in with u if u can.it will help give ur stylist a good visual of what u want
smiles.gif

hth hun!

aimerbijoux

thank you! But I'm sure! I definitely want to do something with it... something big, you know? I've never done anything major with my hair and i'm finally ready for one
smiles.gif
I just worry that the highlights won't look good on me.

TISH1124

I actually love your hair just the way it is, It's Gorgeous and so healthy looking....But only you know what will make you happy.

Tinkee-Belle

ACK! Dont dye your hair... it is such a natural pretty color! Your hair is exactly what I wish mine was! But if you reaaaaalllly want something different, I would get coppery and lighter brown hightlights. I think straight out blonde would look too unnatural plus is it a bitch to keep up with roots. I would cut tons of layers into your hair and maybe some longer side swept bangs. But I really think you should leave your color natural like that.. I would kill for your color! (Well not literally.. but you know what I mean!) You could always buy hairpieces that clip in and could give you chunks of different colors.

MizzHotTahiti

yea don't get an all-over dye + highlights,its way too much upkeep,damage, and $$$.just get the cute subtle highlights in a pale caramel-ish blonde.or just go for her cut.she looked freaking beautiful with dark hair just like urs is naturally!

aimerbijoux

ahh you girls are great, thank you for all these suggestions! i think i might either keep the color and just get the cut OR just get light brown and caramel highlights. something very natural.

Jessica6128

I would go for the picture she has of the show magazine cover. I am actually thinking of stripping my hair to acheive that color. I am not 100% sold on it yet though.

barbie.doll

Okay , I once had streaks of caramel, gold, and then my own natural color (dark brown). So it was similar to Jessica's.

The problem though -- my hair grew quite fast... I would've had to keep spending $$$ on maintaining the roots and I didn't want to do that. So, I dyed my hair black as hell to get all of those colors out. Then my hair faded to my natural dark brown. (it looks as though it's my virgin hair again.)

I haven't dyed my hair in 1 year now.

So, here's my point: dye it if you really want but I highly recommend NOT using bleach in your hair for the blonde streaks. Go with golden streaks, not blonde. Also, make sure you can maintain it...

I HTH a bit!
winks.gif
Good luck...

catgogo9

I also love Jessica's haircut/hairstyle. Let us know what how it goes and send a picture. I want to do my hair the same way
smiles.gif

you wrote:
"thanks girls, whatever I do will be done during my school's christmas break"
smiles.gif

aimerbijoux

thanks so much ladies! I think i'm just going to go with her dark brown look. My hair is a light brown so a darrrkkk brown/soft black maybe? As for the cut, layers of course but I have no idea how she has a that amazing swoop bang. Bangs are about the only thing i'm still trying to decide on. I'm getting my hair done in about 1-2 weeks, so i'll post pictures of course

barbie.doll

She once had her hair a gorgeous espresso brown color that was dark yet still had that gorgeous metallic shimmer... I loved that color and think it would suit you well. Long, side swept bangs are what you should ask for if you do get them. But think about it long and hard, because bangs can be annoying sometimes. I have side swept bangs now so I know how it is...

aimerbijoux

hi girls! okay so I finally got it done. I ended up taking a picture of a girl with Jessica's long sideswept bangs but the stylist ended up doingg this which looks more Kim K with bangs, but I love it regardles. Lots of choppy layers
smiles.gif
and it tapers in the back which I need a good pic of. I included pics above! what do you think?

MissMochaXOXO

really pretty! i like ur bangs better then jessicas actually. urs are cute and soft, hers are more chunky. def kim k. looking! u were smart not to lighten or go crzy with highlights too, its such a pain in the butt to upkeep!

Latest posts