Dia de Los Muertos/Day of The Dead halloween costume and makeup

IDontKnowMomo

So I just came up with an (imo) awesome halloween costume idea
choochoo.gif

I plan on painting my face like something similar to this
la_catrina_large.jpg

(pardon the Sylvia Ji, I can't really find any other examples of Dia de Los Muertos face paintings :[)

The only problem is, I don't exactly know what to wear?
Anybody got any suggestions or even more inspo pics for the face painting?
any help is appreciated
yahoo.gif

What do you guys think of this idea?

hhunt2

I love your idea. Dia de Los Muertos is one of my favs. My next tattoo is going to be a Dia de Los Muertos theme.

Omg, I so wanna paint my face Dia de Los Muertos style for fun (but I don't want to take your idea).

Personally, I like the "up" side of day of the dead (like pretty skulls). Very vibrant colors, glitter, flowers, etc.
Sylvia Ji has some amazing artwork (it's like pin-up inspired). Clothing wise... maybe the traditional clothing (large flowy dance dress). But I'm not sure.

saturnine11

I loveeee that painting so much! I have a Sylvia Ji painting as a tattoo, I love it to bits & pieces. They are all so beautiful. I think that would be a wonderful costume idea! I'd go with clothing similar to that in the painting, flowy dress with flowers & whatnot!

j_absinthe

That Sylvia Ji painting is gorgeous, so is that facechart!

I'd recommend probably going to a thrift store and getting an old wedding dress or something. Spice it up with lots of flowers and skulls.

the bf and I are actually doing this
...i bought a mexican peasant dress off ebay, so u could start there or ^ as above thrift stores can be handy too! ;]
good luck! cant wait to hear how it turns out!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts