Chanel Joues Contraste blushes

wild child

What are your thoughts on these? I've noticed they get a lot of raves on another forum & was wondering what everyone else thinks of the Chanel JC blushes. What are your favorite shades? Rants/Raves? Let's discuss
smiles.gif

I'm tempted to buy one.

MzzRach

They are gorgeous. I have worn them for years. Tempting Beige is a gorgeous neutral that doesn't look muddy. I also love Caprice, which is a pale pink with a lovely satin finish - however, I'm not sure it's still available.

These are definitely worth a look. They are expensive, though!

Miss QQ

I have Poesie, which is released last fall as part of the limited edition collection, Think Pink collection, in Asia.

Raves: The powder is very fine and lightly scented. It has just a tiny hint of very fine shimmer (you won’t see any big glitters at all), which reflects light and adds depth. This is what Chanel excels at. The colour is sheer but buildable, so you can make the colour more intense, but the final look is always natural. I actually like the slight rose fragrance which makes me feel very pampered when I’m using it.

Rant: I noticed that the powder has hardened on the surface after half a year or so. I need to scrub my blush brush a few times on the dome to get the brush to pick up enough colour. The brush in the compact is also not suitable for achieving the natural flushed look on cheeks. In the video at Chanel’s website, they make it look easy but that brush is only suitable for touch ups. Also, the fragrance will subside after using it for say a year.

All in all, I feel like a princess to own it and use it.
love.gif
Just my penny of thoughts, HTH. Anyway, Chanel is launching a line of new blushers, Les Tissage de Chanel. There are four colours (but these are more shimmery than JC) and I am considering getting one. You may wish to check them out before buying JC.

UrbanEast

I love the Rose Petale JC. Unfortunately, I bought into the hype and bought the Euro Candy JC, and it's way too orange. Back to Nordy's.

Shadowy Lady

I just got Plum Attraction and holly molly it's pigmented! I apply a tiny amount with a powder blush and really buff it is and then it's gorgeous
greengrin.gif
I think I want more of these blushes, they feel and look incredible on!

Camnagem

Pink Explosion from the fall collection is incredible.
love.gif

It's the perfect pink cheek for me and I wear it at least 2-3 times a week, which is impressive considering the amount of blushes represented in my stash.
lol.gif

I'm now considering the 2 others from the same collection (Rose Temptation and Plum Attraction). When I first saw them I just assumed I had something similar color-wise already, but I love the JC formula so much I'm pretty sure I need these now.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I'm now considering the 2 others from the same collection (Rose Temptation and Plum Attraction). When I first saw them I just assumed I had something similar color-wise already, but I love the JC formula so much I'm pretty sure I need these now.

Let us know what you think of PA on your skintone if you try it. I know everyone says it's fine with a light hand on pale skin but I'm still afraid of it!
lol.gif
I love the other 2 though. I almost passed on RT and I'm glad I didn't.

Hypathya

^ Any duo fibre it's your best friend!!
winkiss.gif
Don't worry, it'll be beautiful on you!

Everybody here knows how much I love my JC's.
love.gif
I have many and I feel they're worth every penny.

My faves are: In love, Rose Petale & Tea Rose.

I also have my eyes on Pink Explosion and Plum Attraction!!
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

I actually wrote something here in 2008, when I just bought the JC!
lol.gif
I don't remember it. Now I have Poesie, Narcisse, Imprevu, Rose Petale, In Love, Pink Explosion and Pink Cloud.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Winthrop44

I love these too...I doubt there's a Chanel fan out there who doesn't. My faves are Euro Rose dust (much more mauvey/less brown than the US version and nicely pigmented) and Poesie. What would be a nice true peachy one? Is In Love peachy or coral on? How does it compare to Reflex as far as color? I know Reflex is supposed to be more shimmery...

stv578

I have several JC's... Rose Petale, Orchid Rose, Bronze Plum, Rose Bronze, Imprevu, Pink Explosion and Rose Temptation. Mine are all the Euro versions, with the exception of Rose Bronze.

My favourites are PE, Rose Bronze and Imprevu.

There's not much I don't like about them. They go on beautifully, all but Rose Petale are super pigmented and the finish on these is the best imo.
My only issue is that they don't last the entire day, unless I use them over EL's double wear light fndt. But most days I don't use my EL fndt, great fndt but my skin prefers one by Clarins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

I caved and purchased Rose Temptation and like it a lot. Looks really pretty with Pink Explosion. It is a realy muted colour though.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I actually wrote something here in 2008, when I just bought the JC!
lol.gif
I don't remember it. Now I have Poesie, Narcisse, Imprevu, Rose Petale, In Love, Pink Explosion and Pink Cloud.
th_e2cloud9.gif

girlhaha.gif

Well I have 12:

Eldorado, Brume d'Or, Lumieres Magiques, Joues Contraste Duo, Orchid Rose, Luna, Gold Fever, Tea Rose, Rose Petale, In love, Narcisse & Imprevu.

... and I'm totally getting Pink Explosion and Plum Atrraction tomorrow!!

Can you all believe I still don't make it to my counter to pick my fall goodies??
th_confused_new.gif
I don't know how am I to do it but I'm definitely going tomorrow. Period.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I have several JC's... Rose Petale, Orchid Rose, Bronze Plum, Rose Bronze, Imprevu, Pink Explosion and Rose Temptation. Mine are all the Euro versions, with the exception of Rose Bronze.

My favourites are PE, Rose Bronze and Imprevu.

There's not much I don't like about them. They go on beautifully, all but Rose Petale are super pigmented and the finish on these is the best imo.
My only issue is that they don't last the entire day, unless I use them over EL's double wear light fndt. But most days I don't use my EL fndt, great fndt but my skin prefers one by Clarins!

I caved and purchased Rose Temptation and like it a lot. Looks really pretty with Pink Explosion. It is a realy muted colour though.

On me Rose Petale lasts all day long and compliments my skin so beautifully it's just pure love for me!!
love.gif

Mmm... you got me thinking... Why don't I own Rose Bronze???
hmm.gif

Ingenue

I've been eyeing Pink Explosion and Rose Temptation! I have In Love (which I LOVE) and Plum Attraction.

MzzRach

Currently only have 2 - Tempting Beige (been a staple for years) and Reflex.

It's a wonderful blush formula, so finely milled and I love the colours.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Is In Love peachy or coral on?

Peachy Coral
lol.gif
ok, that didn't help. More Pinky Coral on me, but its soft.

Latest posts