Clarisonic Skincare Brush

ElvenEyes

I am debating getting one of these, but just not quite sure. My skin is very, very sensitive and has a tendency to be dry. I never break out, never did back in my school days, and at age 48 I wonder if it will be a bit too harsh on my skin. I already use a washcloth to exfoliate and my skin is always smooth, though I do think this might be good on my forehead and chin area. I would probably use it with my Aveeno cleanser, but I have this fear I would spend this amount of money and end up having irritated skin. I use an Oil of Olay night cream just before bed and my face now glows. Any thoughts would be welcomed!

ra143

I've had the Clarisonic for about a month now. I have the MIA whcich I think it`s perfect. I don`t really see the point of the classic or the pro, the second speed they have is low, so for me the MIA seemed perfect!
I love it. My skin has improved. It`s smooth, exfoliated, clean... my moisturizer absorbs better, my masks are more effective, my skin routine is simplified. I don`t have to scrub and scrub and use harsh cleansers every night in order to get that clean feeling. My skin feels in better shape than ever....

I would say this product is worth it.

AshleyDanielle

I DEF agree with ra143. I have had the clarisonic for a few months. ALTHOUGH I do admit I dont use it as much as I probably should. I use it every time I shower (so 1x a day every/everyother dayish) and I can DEF tell a difference in my skin texture. My pores seem to be less clogged and they do appear smaller to me (And let me tell you I have HUGE HUGE pores)

vivaXglamlove

I thought i'd update on my experience with the Clarisonic brush. I've had my Mia since July 2010 and I am still in love with it. I have acne prone, oily/combination skin with blackhead/large pores/uneven texture. I have tried TONS of products, ranging from drugstore to prescription. This brush has done a complete 180 to my skin and its so worth the money. My skin has cleared up and has improved these past months. I did feel funny when using it school and girls asked why I was using a large tooth brush on my face. I get compliments on my skin now which I never got before. My skin is not perfect, or as perfect as I want it to be but this has made my confidence go up!

I wish I bought this years ago!
Also, I buy my brush heads from http://www.skinstore.com/ for 20% off using the coupon code "fab20"

Mabelle

I just got my Clairisonic Plus.
Let me start off by saying i have pretty good skin; no acne, my pores are fine (a few blackheads on my nose and chin), no real texture problems.
However, all that being said, my "leaning on the dry side" skin is perfectly smooth, especially on my nose where its usually driest. My blackheads have been reduced by at least 50% (in looks at least) and the pore are much tighter. My skin is ridiculously smooth, and the tone is more even and glowy. And yes, my skincare products just sink in.
My skin on my body is diffrent; my chest and shoulders are slightly acne prone, and my legs are very dry and sometimes have tiny bumps on them. I have been using my regular philosophy cleanser for the body, and then going over key areas with a scrub (cause im crazy like that). Instantly, a particularly painful blemish i had looked flatter and wasnt as red or painful. My small bumps are fewer, my pores are all clean. My legs are smooth smooth smooth. I even use this around my bikini line to ward off any ingrowns. PERFECT!!
One thing i did notice is what looks like a blemish coming up on my cheek (which i NEVER get), but i guess it means there was junk in m,y skin and its all coming to the surface. oh well!

Since i have got this, i bought some heads for the bf too. He has oily combo skin, large pores, acne prone skin with uneven texture and tone, and lots of blackheads. I've noticed his tone is a lot more even, and his texture on his forhead (the worst spot) is reduced a fair amount. he has also told me that he finds his pores are cleaner. He hasnt been using his body attachment that regularly, but his pore are usually clogged along his black, shoulders and chest, and they seem less congested.

So far, pretty fantastic. We have been using it less than a week!!

And FYI; most people should only ever use the clairsonic 1 a day max. for some people, every other day. doing an intense deep clean of your skin twice a day can dehydrate your skin.

shadowaddict

^^^Good point on how often to use. I can get lazy a times and not use mine. That being said when I am on top of things I usually will use it every other day in the winter, sometimes everyday in the t-zone. I have pretty oily skin. During the summer we have so much humidity here that my skin is an oil slick and my pores get so clogged I use it everyday. It really helps keep my skin in good shape.

I love my Clairisonic Plus . It has helped my skin so much and makes it super smooth.

Mac-Guy

I am thinking of getting one at Sephora this week or maybe even today. I will probably go for the Mia one.

Rinstar

I got the MIA about 3 weeks ago and it's totally worth it for me. I have combination skin with occasional breakouts and large pores in the t-zone. I sometimes had problems with flaky dry skin as well. Since I started using the Clarisonic, my pores look much smaller and cleaner and I haven't had any dry flakes. I had a few breakouts in the first two weeks, but they went away SUPER fast, so the extra exfoliation must help speed the healing of breakouts. I am so glad I got mine!

Mac-Guy

I received my MIA in turquoise today. It's currently charging, but hopefully I can use it tonight. I have to say that I am extremely happy with the speedy (and free!) shipping from Skinstore. I placed my order on Sunday and received my packaged on Wednesday.

antigone21

Has anyone compared the Carisonic vs. the Olay tool? I just got the Olay one last week and am pretty glad with it, but can't tell if the Clarisonic is better. I would like to see a comparison here on Specktra. Most reviewers on makeupalley find them similar, but I find people post reviews there after only one use.

Mac-Guy

O.k. the first test-drive of my Mia felt awesome on my skin. My skin feels more deep-cleansed, almost the same feeling you get after a facial. The few dry spots on my front are gone (though I can achieve a similar result with a good peeling). I was expecting that my face would get more red, but the redness was minimal. The only con side so far is that there is no timer/beep. I had a hard time guessing the 20/10/10/20 second cycle and the Mia went off before I had finished my face. Overall, the cycle feels a bit short, but then again, I had the same issue with my Sonicare toothbrush when I got it first. Anyway, I did a second cycle to cleanse my nose. Especially the skin of my nose feels so much smoother now. I also spent 30 sec on my neck. Let's see if I manage to get it all done in one go tomorrow morning.

shontay07108

I love my clarisonic. I bought it late last year and it's the best thing I ever bought for my skin. It gets 100% of my make up off my face. It's ridiculous how much make up can still be left on your face after you use a cloth and a scrub. Nothing gets my face clean like this thing and my skin feels so smooth. I have sensitive, dry skin and I don't really ever break out. My skin isn't irritated by the brush at all. I decided to buy the normal one and not the sensitive skin brush. I just can't say enough about it.

shadowaddict

^^^I use the normal brush one also. I didn't feel the sensitive one really did enough on my oily skin. I agree with you on it being the best thing I've ever bought for my skin.

Mac-Guy

^^^I use the normal brush one also. I didn't feel the sensitive one really did enough on my oily skin. I agree with you on it being the best thing I've ever bought for my skin.

Is there a big difference between the sensitive and the normal brush head? I'm quite happy with the sensitive one, but I want to try the deep cleansing brush (for once a week) and I wonder if I should get the normal one too. In any case, I will order a pair as it saves me at least ten bucks.

naturallyfab

Alright alright. You guys have convinced me. I'm gonna splash out and get a mia.
yahoo.gif

Latest posts