Clarisonic Skincare Brush

YvetteJeannine

C'mon, People!!!!

poke.gif
Um, hello???? Oh, c'mon gals!!!!! At least ONE of the hundreds of people that browse/post here daily has had to have at least tried this thing??!! I don't want to spend the money on it if it's a hunka' junk!!!! Please, somebody LMK!!!!! Thanks.

LisaR

I've used this product

I was given one about a year ago. It cleans well, however, the only brush it came with was large and was not suitable for small areas around the nose, between the eye and temple @ the hairline, upper lip, etc. If it has since been released with a smaller brush head attachment I'd say "go for it". For me and my $$, I'll wait till the next model comes out if there is one. HTH

YvetteJeannine

Thank you SO much!! You are a DOLL!!!! I was beginning to think I was being ignored
cry.gif
!!! LOL!!! I'm thinking about getting it..but I'll have to see about the brushes it come w/ and the extra brushes you can buy...Looks like it'd be good for cleaning out clogged pores (I'm prone to blackheads
puke.gif
). Thanks again for the reply!

DCJPFan

I returned my clarisonic because it really didn't make any difference. I used it first with the cleanser it came with and later experimented with a few others. It didn't help with my breakouts at all, which was the main reason I bought it. My skin was exfoliated and smooth at all times but I really think you can achieve that with any exfoliater. It seems like it's worked really well for a lot of people though, so it may be worth a try, but in my case, it didn't really do much of anything. Hope this helps.

tiramisu

Re: Clarisonic...Anyone Used This???

bumping this up b/c it appears my beloved Clarisonic had gotten a bad rep... LOL
I happen to loooove my clarisonic-- it is totally worth the mildly ridiculous price tag IMO!!
At least for me... I have combination skin (slightly oily in the T-zone)and this has SAVED me from any yucky pore issues.
th_DANCE.gif
..it comes so close to a facial that the thing pays for itself after a week of regular use or so.

I use the sensitive brush head and afterwards my skin feels, and looks, very fresh and clean, pores clean...without irritation. I don't know about the 6x more makeup removal claim, because I use a makeup remover beforehand and I really only care about the fact that it keeps my face clear and healthy looking.

I personally think that the size of the brush head itself is not an issue, b/c you don't do much other than run the brush in small circular motions over your face--the brush does all the work and gets in all the "tight corners" on it's own... never had a problem manuevering around the nose and avoiding my eyes.
th_dunno.gif

I personally don't like the cleanser that Clarisonic has... I just use it with a regular drugstore cleanser and it works fabulously.

I highlyrecommend this device!!!
th_thstars.gif

Liyah

Clarisonic skincare brush

I have been looking into this, has anyone tried it? is it worth buying? its about $200 so any advice would be much appreciated!
thanks!

Juneplum

Re: Clarisonic skincare brush

3 of my best friends SWEAR up and down by this brush... up and down!! they all say it cleans their face very well, and that their skin looks better because they use it...

athena123

I have yet to jump on this bandwagon but have heard a lot of raves about it. You can find a ton of reviews on makeupalley.com and essentialdayspa.com

tiramisu

I have had my Clarisonic (in Pink--wee!) for many months now and I can truly say it is worth it!!
The sensitive skin brush head is plenty strong for me (I have relatively sensitive skin) .. you can change the amount of time it runs and the intensity too which is nice.
I found that I only need to use it once a day, in the morning and I get great effects--clearer, healthier/brighter looking skin. Really has helped with that.
I personally don't care for the company's cleanser, and I have found it works fabulous with just an everyday nice drugstore cleanser anyways (I use Purpose with it)
HTH!
winks.gif

Clarisonic?

Yay or Nay. Does anyone own it? What are the results? What brushhead do you use? What cleanser do you use with it?

athena123

Re: Clarisonic?

Hi Danielle, welcome to Specktra! I haven't personally tried the Clarisonic but have heard a lot of great results from it. I'm just not ready to plunk down $200 for a device at this point.

If you click on the search button and type in Clarisonic, you'll find a few threads on this topic.

For oodles of information, try the EDS forum. Essential Day Spa Skin Care decleor dermalogica obagi
I've learned soooo much about skincare on that forum and more than I ever wanted to know about various skincare gadgets, the Clarisonic being only one of many to try.
smiles.gif

Good luck,

Athena

MAC_Pixie04

Does anyone have one of these? I am very excited to report that I recently purchased my very own after wanting it intensely since it's launch about 2 years ago (Damn you Oprah!). I've borrowed it from work a few times, and everytime I hate having to bring it back. So now I'm super excited to have my own PINK Clarisonic, thanks to my increased employee discount
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

For those of you who are unfarmiliar, Clarisonic is a facial brush made by the creators of the Sonicare Toothbrush--it looks like a big toothbrush for your face. It oscillates 300 motions per second, giving your skin a very very deep cleanse with intense but gentle exfoliation. It 's 6-7x more effective than manual cleansing and allows your skincare products to penetrate much deeper, therefore work more effectively. In an 8 week home use test, participants reported healthier skin, more balanced skin, fewer blemishes, felt more effective cleansing and a decrease in the size of their pores (appearance).

I just wanted to know if any of you fellow Specktrettes had one or have tried one and what your feedback is on this amazing product.

MzzRach

I've had one for over a year and love it to death. It really helps to keep pores unclogged and my skin is so smooth after using it. I think it is a great addition to anyone's regimen.

I always used the Sensitive brush head as I find the Normal head a little too abrasive.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I've had one for over a year and love it to death. It really helps to keep pores unclogged and my skin is so smooth after using it. I think it is a great addition to anyone's regimen.

I always used the Sensitive brush head as I find the Normal head a little too abrasive.

It came with the sensitive and I'm pretty sure that's the brush that was on the tester I borrowed from work, but I selected the normal one for my freebie w/ registration. I have very oily, resilient skin--nothing seems to get in lol--but if I find it's too abrasive, I'll use it for my neck & shoulders with the 2 minute cleansing cycle.

Thanks for your input!
Anybody else??

flymestza

I have it and I absolutely adore it. My face always feels so soft after using. My only complaint is that is does not come with an additional base for the shower.

poddygirl

Love love love this brush! Worth every penny! Everyone owes it to their skin to at least try it
thmbup.gif

Flymestza - you really don't need 2 charging bases as the brush can last a week of daily use before needing to be recharged (I just leave mine in the shower and recharge on the weekend).

Latest posts