Clarisonic Skincare Brush

pensive

I'm glad to hear some positive reviews. I really want one of these but I'm afraid that it'll be too harsh for my sensitive skin. I'd hate to waste $200 that's not going to work well on me.

kimmy

i was thinking about getting one of these after it was featured on specktra beauty news and i think now i'm going to have to pick one up this weekend. thanks, ashlee.
greengrin.gif

flymestza

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddygirl
Love love love this brush! Worth every penny! Everyone owes it to their skin to at least try it
thmbup.gif

Flymestza - you really don't need 2 charging bases as the brush can last a week of daily use before needing to be recharged (I just leave mine in the shower and recharge on the weekend).

Not a charging base, just something to stand it on so I don't have to lay it down in the shower. Other than that I love it!

aleksis210

It irritated my skin and made me breakout(with the sensitive head)...
ssad.gif
, I've still been thinking about giving it another chance though.

xStarryEyedX

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it...Just really don't have the money for right now...My skin's pretty good already, so it's not something I find absolutely necessary. It just seems so coooool...
Next time it's on easy pay on QVC it's gonna be tough to say no..

hunnybun

i just bought one on my lunch break at work today. now i can't wait to go home and wash my face tonight! i'll update you guys with a review once i try it out for a few days.

xmizlynnax

I want one so bad , I'm glad to read so many positive reviews about it. I have other things I'm saving up for unfortunately =( but it's definitely on my wishlist this Christmas! lol. It sounds awesome!

kimmae17

I just bought one of ebay for 129! with free shipping! i got it this morning and i cant wait to try it!

airplane_girl

yahoo.gif
I just bought one yesterday . Day 1 so far so soft. How often do you ladies us it per week. I bought the normal brush as well so I can use it for the rest of my body.

Blushbaby

I was just about to post asking if any of you had one of these and voila - the thread was staring me right in the face!

I think I wanna get one of these from Sephora when I come over next mth. I know it's a glorified facial brush but I've been sucked in by the reviews!

They're cheaper on EBAY btw - brand new and boxed, though I think I'll get mine from Sephora so if after 2 wks I've not seen a difference, then I'm getting my money back.

mittens

OMG it's fabulous! I have only been using it for a few days and I have already seen improvement. BEST skin care buy in my opinion. I have so much money on skin care and I have never experienced as clean a feeling as I do after I use this brush. My skin is clean and soft after I use it. I follow with my moisturizer (for day) or NARS hydrator gel (night) and it's been great! I bought mine from sephora during the 20% off sale. I know sephora and nordstrom have great return policies in case anyone is wanting to try one.

OfficerJenny

So I purchased mine about four days ago
I've used it three times, and I have not seen or felt any differences in my skin. It's just like when I cleanse with just my hands.
Probably going to return it, yep :3

._.

MAC*kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensive
I'm glad to hear some positive reviews. I really want one of these but I'm afraid that it'll be too harsh for my sensitive skin. I'd hate to waste $200 that's not going to work well on me.

I have sensitive skin and rosacea and I am getting good results with the Clarisonic. You will want either the sensitive (white) or delicate (blue) brush. The regular (gray) brush will probably be too harsh. Start off with the low setting (the factory default). You can always increase the time once your skin has adjusted. Use a mild, creamy cleanser. The cleanser that comes with the Clarisonic is surprisingly harsh and made my skin feel tight and dry. I think this is definitely worth trying. Good luck!
thmbup.gif

MACLovin

Are there any cheaper alternatives? Can anyone compare this to the Neutrogena Wave device they have at drugstores? I'm sure it's not exactly the same but are they at all comparable?

I just have an issue with spending $200 on a damn electric face brush. Why the hell is it so expensive!?! I mean, $100 would be ok i guess but that's just astronomical. (to me, at least)

Asphyxia

I have the pink one w/the sensitive brush head. When I first bought it I would use it twice a day. However, it started to dry my skin out a little bit. Now, I only use it for deep cleaning maybe once or twice a week. This is a really great product and it works really well. It makes your face smooth. I find that the sensitive brush head still feels a little hard on my skin, but I have really sensitive skin. When I bought this, I was able to get a free brush head from Clarisonic's site which is a plus. I personally think it is a little expensive considering you can find similar/cheaper products at the grocery store (black head pore cleaner, the wave, etc). Although, I have a friend who told me that black head pore cleaner made her break out. I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend. What I don't like about the whole idea of owning this is that you can't buy Clarisonic products (brush heads, cleanser, etc) at Sephora stores, you have to order them online. However, I noticed Dillards had these so they may sell the brush heads too. I hope this helps.

MACLovin

So I've been researching cheaper alternatives to this brush. I really want it, but I have to convince myself that it's worth it for the steep price tag.

I found a couple dupes that seem to get good reviews, but I'm still weighing my options. Just thought I'd pass them along though:

The Brookstone SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush:
Brookstone: SonicDermabrasion® Facial Brush

and the

i-Skin Pore Perfecting System (can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply)
Denman - i-Skin Pore Perfecting System

I'm going to check out the one at Sally's today and see if there's a demo model I can assess the quality of. I will let you all know!
greengrin.gif

MACLovin

^Ok, update.. I ended up buying the one from Sallys. I figure hey, if it works, cool! If not I'll return it and splurge on the real thing. The girl opened the box for me and I felt the brush, it's really soft. I can't compare to the Clarisonic because I've never seen it in person, but this one didn't seem harsh at all. The cleanser that comes with it has really nice ingredients too, no sodium laureth sulfate. Supposedly the whole system is ok for sensitive skin. I hope so!!

I'll post a review sometime this week!
smiles.gif

MACLovin

It is replaceable.. I haven't read the little insert yet with the instructions but you can replace the brushes. They sold this separate package with a bigger cleanser and one replacement brush for $10 but I'll have to see how I like their cleanser and see if they just sell the brush by itself.

Also, it doesn't have a charging dock, it just runs on batteries, and there is no timer. There are, however 2 settings so I think I'll be using the lower one. And I can get rechargable batteries, no big deal. If this thing works close to the same as the Clarisonic for 1/8th of the price, timer and batteries are non-issues for me! They'd just be an extra luxury I suppose. We shall see! I'm excited to try it later when I get home. Already have my AA batteries ready to go.
winks.gif

Latest posts