Middle Eastern/Arabian Beauties

exoticarbcqen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Iran and Israel are the only two countries in the middles east in which ppl do not speak Arabic and do not identify themselves as Arabs (and they aren't). Iranians speak Persian which has totally different roots from Arabic, it actually is an Indo-European language so the roots of it are similar to latin.

You are right about Iranians being the only mislabeled ones though. Everyone knows about Isaelis not being Arab but not many know about persians (this is again mainly in North America, European tend to know more about Middle East in my experience). As a result Iranians are very sensitive about this topic.

HTH
smiles.gif

agreed.

1. Iranians are NOT arabs.

2. Iranians do NOT speak Arabic, but Farsi.

3. The Farsi language has had more of an impact on indian languages [hindi] and pakistani languages [urdu] and none at all on Arabic.

exoticarbcqen

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie.doll
Persian beauty Claudia Lynx:

1zwkcq8.jpg

6qgvns.jpg

jtnkm1.jpg

246ougn.jpg

mifeqv.jpg

How can anyone be that gorgeous?
drools.gif

EASY, plastic surgery
lol.gif

my moms persian and ive been there a handful of times, everyone and there mother has had plastic surgery...they take pride in it

GlamYOURUs

Persian/Arab girls are pretty but I hate how they cake on their makeup when they don't need to. Also the models in ads and mags, they paint all the colors of the rainbow on their face....at the same time! ugh

Still <33 them

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
EASY, plastic surgery
lol.gif

my moms persian and ive been there a handful of times, everyone and there mother has had plastic surgery...they take pride in it

LMAO So true! I know a few girls and their mothers who actually brag about it. And it seems that its a normal thing to do bc for them its cheaper to do it there.
shockt.gif

moonlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
LMAO So true! I know a few girls and their mothers who actually brag about it. And it seems that its a normal thing to do bc for them its cheaper to do it there.
shockt.gif

lol
lol.gif
thats crazy..

moonlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance;1340807

[IMG

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2690579552_531b598c00.jpg?v=0[/IMG]

what eyeshadows is she wearing in this look? I love the colours

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
shockt.gif

So true, last time I visited Iran was about 10 years ago but so many ppl had their noses done and some kinda perm makeup (like perm eyeliner or perm lipliner). Though I've never met an Iranian girl that had her boobs done. For most parts we have boobs....hahaha

btw GlamYourus, the first time I saw your FOTD I thought you were also Persian. You kinda look like us
winks.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
So true, last time I visited Iran was about 10 years ago but so many ppl had their noses done and some kinda perm makeup (like perm eyeliner or perm lipliner). Though I've never met an Iranian girl that had her boobs done. For most parts we have boobs....hahaha

btw GlamYourus, the first time I saw your FOTD I thought you were also Persian. You kinda look like us
winks.gif

lol Yeahhhhhhhhh its mostly like nose jobs, lip enhancements, perm makeup etc. What they call 'minor procedures' haha

LOL! Yeah I get that a lot.
cutey.gif

jayleelah

exactly my feeling!
and those eybrows in the soap operas! it's like they've been drawn with a sharpie lol

Quote:
Persian/Arab girls are pretty but I hate how they cake on their makeup when they don't need to. Also the models in ads and mags, they paint all the colors of the rainbow on their face....at the same time! ugh

Still <33 them

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayleelah
exactly my feeling!
and those eybrows in the soap operas! it's like they've been drawn with a sharpie lol

Oh dear God how could I forget that!
thud.gif

Especially when the line is at a 90 degree angle
cry.gif

barbie.doll

Lol. You girls are too funny.

But that is true. Many women even that are not Persian (I know some Assyrian girls, for example) want to go to Iran to get their noses done because it is cheaper there and they do a good job.
tong.gif

exoticarbcqen

Quote:
shockt.gif

they take PRIDE in nose jobs. its like a right of passage for them. They even publicly wear bandages on there noses well AFTER they have healed to show that they have had it done. its interesting, but odd to me. It's no wonder we see so many "beautiful" arab and persian entertainers popping up from that region...one look at there "before" picture and your like
shockt.gif
and the after picture makes you
th_worship.gif

no doubt us brown girls [arabs, persians, afgans, paki's, indians] rock
th_DANCE.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
they take PRIDE in nose jobs. its like a right of passage for them. They even publicly wear bandages on there noses well AFTER they have healed to show that they have had it done. its interesting, but odd to me. It's no wonder we see so many "beautiful" arab and persian entertainers popping up from that region...one look at there "before" picture and your like
shockt.gif
and the after picture makes you
th_worship.gif

no doubt us brown girls [arabs, persians, afgans, paki's, indians] rock
th_DANCE.gif

Yeah I saw the bandage thingy too on my last visit to Iran. Even men have them though, it's weird. I find it kinda annoying that so many ppl are into plastic surgery as I still think Persian women are very attractive w/o all the fuss (I may be biased as I'm Persian, lol!)

Btw, I don't know about Arabs, but Iranians don't classify themselves as brown. I guess it's because we have a wide range of skin colour. For example even in my family, my mom is an NC15, I'm an NW30 and my sister is NC35.

Rouaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCocoa
Wow I feel so ignorant I knew Iranians were Persians but to be 100% clear would Arabs then people from places such as North Africa, Syria, Yemen and Oman? Therefore making Iran the only country people wrongly 'labeled'?

Syrians/assyrians in Syria for example are not arabs. We've got a bunch of Armanian there who speak arabic 2, but they are not arabs.

Quote:
Iran and Israel are the only two countries in the middles east in which ppl do not speak Arabic and do not identify themselves as Arabs (and they aren't). Iranians speak Persian which has totally different roots from Arabic, it actually is an Indo-European language so the roots of it are similar to latin.

You are right about Iranians being the only mislabeled ones though. Everyone knows about Isaelis not being Arab but not many know about persians (this is again mainly in North America, European tend to know more about Middle East in my experience). As a result Iranians are very sensitive about this topic.

HTH
smiles.gif

'

Arabic is the largest member of the Semetic language family. So it's clear that it's different från Farsi, but an Arab can sometimes read Farsi and understand what it says. Not all the time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06290714
totally off topic but my boyfriend is arab and i'm asian. neat mix, different for his culture yes but it's great. and let me tell you, his 5 sisters are GORGEOUS! they all have a perfect light olive complexion with hazel/brown eyes. my bf has gorgeous green/brown eyes too. YUMMY!

deepika is gorgeous, love her.

Haha it's like my husband and I. He is Swedish and I'm born in Syria. Raised in Sweden though.

Quote:
agreed.

1. Iranians are NOT arabs.

2. Iranians do NOT speak Arabic, but Farsi.

3. The Farsi language has had more of an impact on indian languages [hindi] and pakistani languages [urdu] and none at all on Arabic.

Same as I wrote before:

Arabic is the largest member of the Semetic language family. So it's clear that it's different från Farsi, but an Arab can sometimes read Farsi and understand what it says. Not all the time though.

smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

^^ Rouaa, fair enough but again the original post was about the official language of the country, or at least this is what I understood from it. As far as I know, the official language of Syria is Arabic; it's even called the Syrian Arab Republic. The official language of Iran is Persian. We have also turkish, kurdish, armenians and a small number of arabs in Iran, but the majority of population is persian and this is the official language as recorded in the UN.

My reply was based on the fact that many ppl in North America think of Iranians as Arabs though we only have 3% of our population that speak the language. That is certainly not the case in Syria. If you want to get into the roots of ME origins though, then we're all mixed
smiles.gif
nobody is a pure bred of one race/ethnicity or another.

lol, this thread is getting distracted from its purpose. Bring on my beautiful ME makeup pictures
smiles.gif
Nunu, c'mon post some more pics!

exoticarbcqen

[/quote] Btw, I don't know about Arabs, but Iranians don't classify themselves as brown. I guess it's because we have a wide range of skin colour. For example even in my family, my mom is an NC15, I'm an NW30 and my sister is NC35.[/quote]

I disagree. Perhaps its a regional thing? your from Canada right? I am from California and all the persian people i know classify themselves as being "brown or person of color". Irrelevant of your actual skin color because we all know persian girls love to fake bake
th_LMAO.gif
I am half Iranian and I consider myself "person of color" and that color is brown, obviously it cant be white right? you must, too, consider yourself person of color if your in this forum right? my moms entire side of the family has always had a complex with the whole " I am persian thing" . Absolutely nothing against you, but its just an observation I have made the 26 yrs I've been alive
th_LMAO.gif

MsCocoa

Quote:
^^ Rouaa, fair enough but again the original post was about the official language of the country, or at least this is what I understood from it. As far as I know, the official language of Syria is Arabic; it's even called the Syrian Arab Republic. The official language of Iran is Persian. We have also turkish, kurdish, armenians and a small number of arabs in Iran, but the majority of population is persian and this is the official language as recorded in the UN.

My reply was based on the fact that many ppl in North America think of Iranians as Arabs though we only have 3% of our population that speak the language. That is certainly not the case in Syria. If you want to get into the roots of ME origins though, then we're all mixed
smiles.gif
nobody is a pure bred of one race/ethnicity or another.

lol, this thread is getting distracted from its purpose. Bring on my beautiful ME makeup pictures
smiles.gif
Nunu, c'mon post some more pics!

I know sorry for the hijack I just wanted to 100% clear.

Where is the best place to find more images, any good blogs at all that focus on the eye make up?

aziajs

I have sooo many questions but my main question is about distinguishing the difference between Arabs, Persians, MEs. From what I have read in this post is it mostly language that distinguishes one from the other? I suppose it's because Americans are mostly ignorant where these things are concerned.

Also, are there any blogs or forums that focus on Arab/Persian/ME beauty? I know I have seen asian beauty blogs. I see AA(african american) blogs. I never see arab/me beauty blogs.

Latest posts