CLAUDIA6.jpg

claudia_lynx-2-06-11-2005.jpg

ea00.jpg

shitttt she's gorgeous

dominichulinda

a27n4p3Oc1.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimerbijoux
^ wait I saw that!! is she really dating him?

yeah I guess its true they are still dating
yes.gif

Exotic Beauty

Middle Eastern beauty is unlike any other... I've always admired ME stars for their beauty and style!

Myriam Faris is just so cute and Shaghayegh is a stunning beauty. What are your secrets girls???

florabundance

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/...432766.jpg?v=0

Turkish actress Tuba Büyüküstün (i love how her name is Tuba lol)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2250/...fe7294.jpg?v=0

another Turkish actress Saadet Işıl Aksoy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/...598c00.jpg?v=0

Cansu Dere

Yes ME women are so beautiful. But in Turkey, because of the whole EU thing, mainstream media has started to reject "typical" Turkish beauty - the more typical middle eastern look dark hair dark eyes - in favour of a fairer complexion.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Beauty
Middle Eastern beauty is unlike any other... I've always admired ME stars for their beauty and style!

Myriam Faris is just so cute and Shaghayegh is a stunning beauty. What are your secrets girls???

I think with the Middle Eastern girls there is a lot of emphasize culturally on making your eyes and eyebrows stand out. That is beacuse the culture is conservative and nudity/sexy cloths is frowned upon, ME women spend time on making their eyes look beautiful. Also, gender roles are much more defined there, so if you're a woman, you're supposed to be very feminin, have beautiful long lashes etc...I'm Persian and lived in Iran for 10 years and been back many times to visit family, so this is based on what I've seen.

Sorry for hijackig the thread, but I hope I answered the question
smiles.gif

aimerbijoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I think with the Middle Eastern girls there is a lot of emphasize culturally on making your eyes and eyebrows stand out. That is beacuse the culture is conservative and nudity/sexy cloths is frowned upon, ME women spend time on making their eyes look beautiful. Also, gender roles are much more defined there, so if you're a woman, you're supposed to be very feminin, have beautiful long lashes etc...I'm Persian and lived in Iran for 10 years and been back many times to visit family, so this is based on what I've seen.

smiles.gif

Perfect answer
smiles.gif
. I'm also Persian (I can second your answer) and i've been to Iran too (not to live, but I visited for 2 or so months). Its all a very conservative culture just like you said, so the emphasis is on the eyes. Its why you hear phrases like "beautiful persian eyes" "beautiful arabic eye makeup" "middle eastern eyes" etc. Especially in Iran, the women have to cover up from head-to-toe and also have to wear a scarf around their hair - and even that can't show.

Nox

Gods above! That Claudia Lynx women is so beautiful, it's unreal.

I also thought Queen Rania was gorgeous. I first heard about her when King Hussein died and we saw alot of Queen Noor (I learned her family is actually American).

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance

Yes ME women are so beautiful. But in Turkey, because of the whole EU thing, mainstream media has started to reject "typical" Turkish beauty - the more typical middle eastern look dark hair dark eyes - in favour of a fairer complexion.

You mean like Sibel Can? She's pretty striking due to her contrasting eye/hair/skin color, but since none of the Turkish people I personally met looked like her, I wouldn't have known to peg her as Turkish.

And BTW, for anyone who knows the answer to this...

Is it proper to say someone is "Turkic", "Turkish" or "Turk"?

Nox

^ It is complicated indeed. So from what I gather:

Socially and culturally, you would refer to people as "Turkish".

Language-wise, you would say "Turkic", as in the "Turkic language family."

The emergence of the word "Turk" is a political denotation. As in folks who are from the nation of Turkey.

Hmm. This gets confusing pretty quickly. For the most part, my references are usually cultural/social, so I think I might be safe if I just use "Turkish" all the time, until someone corrects me.

Exotic Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady

smiles.gif

Thank you for your response Shadowy Lady! I can definitely see how the cultural practices affect beauty in the ME region as a whole. And it doesn't hurt that the genes contribute some stunning eyes to go under the makeup
smiles.gif

I am Greek from the southern part of Greece which has a lot of Turkish influence, and I always wished some more of their looks had rubbed off on me hehe

Latest posts