Nars Gilda vs. Gina

CreamPuffer

I want a peach colored blush but I can't decide between the two. Can someone who has both, swatch the two next to each other please? I went to 2 Sephora's and they didn't have either, so I'll have to order online. But I'm not sure which is better.

i have heard that Gina is tangerine where Gilda has a more rosy color to it.
Check out indianmakeupdiva to see what she believes is Nars Gina.

elektra513

Right. Gilda is coral, so not really peach. Gina is tangerine. If you have a bluemercury, they are sold there as well. I ended up choosing Gilda b/c it looked more natural on my skin.

cutemiauw

1fb856189540e1cc_IMG00212-20090817-1857.preview.jpg

I happen to swatch a couple of the blushes when I went to the store last time :p. Can't decide which one I should get though...
My skin is NC44, picture taken under natural light. Color was less vivid in the picture.

wannabelyn

Gilda is great. My first matte blush from NARS and it didn't disappoint. I bought Gina recently too but I haven't tried it yet. Comparing the both Gilda looks like a more wearable colour though

pokiedot

Gilda is a great first NARS blush! If you can't get Gilda, I recommend Amour. It's so underrated and I think very flattering and natural looking. It's matte and really similar to Gilda... just a touch more pink where Gilda is a touch more peachy.

Gina is pretty too, but for me Gilda and Amour work year round, and Gina seems to really be a Spring/Summer blush.

cutemiauw

Oooh I went to a NARS store, and they happen to have a 10% discount!! Needless to say, Gilda is coming home with me
th_DANCE.gif

Aaand.. they got me an appointment with a special NARS MUA who's coming next Friday. So excited
yahoo.gif

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Right. Gilda is coral, so not really peach. Gina is tangerine. If you have a bluemercury, they are sold there as well. I ended up choosing Gilda b/c it looked more natural on my skin.

very true, I love Gilda, and Gina both gives off a natural look on my NC50 skin..

Noussie

I only have Gilda but i lovee it.. I might be picking up Gina soon but Taj Mahal is calling my name too..sigh!

Yay for peachy/orangey blushes!
greengrin.gif

peachesxsan

For what it's worth, my friend, whose tanned and has honey blonde hair uses Gina religiously in the summer. it looks gorgeous against her coloring.

Shadowy Lady

I tried both at the counter and got Gilda. Gina is a little orange on me which I don't dig, lol! Gilda on the other hand is an amazing pinky coral shade on me. I have light medium skin (NW25) with neutral undertones.

Hairnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noussie
I only have Gilda but i lovee it.. I might be picking up Gina soon but Taj Mahal is calling my name too..sigh!

Yay for peachy/orangey blushes!
greengrin.gif

I initially bought Gina and Gilda. I ended up returning Gina because Gilda is waaaay prettier on me.

iqaganda

LOL. You're just like me when I approached the NARS counter a month ago! I decided to try my love towards NARS Powder Blushes once more since Orgasm failed on me. I ended up buying Gilda and Gina because I'm torned in between the two! It's either I leave them both or I take them both! In the end, I'm very much satisfied and happy with my purchases. They both look beautiful on me! :D

macgagalip

I love Gina, and Im about getting Gilda.... you should buy both and try them on and see which you like better
thmbup.gif

ThePowderPuff

I have Amour and have always wanted Gina and Gilda as well. But looking at the swatches here, Gilda looks exactly like Amour. Are the two different in any way?

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have Amour and have always wanted Gina and Gilda as well. But looking at the swatches here, Gilda looks exactly like Amour. Are the two different in any way?

Amour and Gilda are so similar that for me there was no point in having both, no matter how much I tried to justify it (which is not to say that I'll never purchase it). I was in the mirror at the NARS counter for the longest comparing them to each other, cheek to cheek. I have Amour, and I think you'll be happy with whichever you get, but I do think Amour might be a bit deeper/more pigmented. Gina, I think is different enough to warrant having both Gina and Amour or Gina and Gilda. I like Gina as a base shade. It warms to face, but I don't get a tone of color with it alone. It does wonders layered with other blushes though.

Latest posts