MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

thelove4tequila

Wait a minute, um why do we have a part II discussion??
hmm.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Wait a minute, um why do we have a part II discussion??
hmm.gif

That was exactly my thought one minute ago!!
lol.gif

I guess it is because the old thread started with the discussion about a MAC Icon 2008.

We will get Dame Edna as a LE collection soon, but this won't be the new icon. There should be someone else in 2009.

So this is now the Dame Edna discussion thread I believe
yes.gif

airplane_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
That was exactly my thought one minute ago!!
lol.gif

I guess it is because the old thread started with the discussion about a MAC Icon 2008.

We will get Dame Edna as a LE collection soon, but this won't be the new icon. There should be someone else in 2009.

So this is now the Dame Edna discussion thread I believe
yes.gif

So wait... Dame Edna being the new Icon was a joke or something...
I'm confused how did she even come up under the Icon collection thread if this was just an LE collection
So someone was pulling our leg when they said it was confirmed that he/she was the new icon
th_dunno.gif

LP_x

I think we got a new thread because the other one was super long. Could be wrong though.

So far I want Gladiola l/s, possibly a l/g and maybe a highlight powder. I'll have to see swatches first really. Defo want Gladiola though.

rt66chix

If Dame Edna was an Icon collection, they would have specified it. And from what I remember, Icons usually come out with the 2nd winter collection, don't they? (i.e. winter/spring launch). This is a regular collection, and Icon will be specified as one.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane_girl
So wait... Dame Edna being the new Icon was a joke or something...
I'm confused how did she even come up under the Icon collection thread if this was just an LE collection
So someone was pulling our leg when they said it was confirmed that he/she was the new icon
th_dunno.gif

It was a rumour Dame Edna would be the new icon. But it just should be a normal LE collection.
The icon will be someone else
th_dunno.gif

coachkitten

I believe that since we didn't have an Icon collection in 2008 that we all thought that this was it but it sounds like from Adina it has been confirmed that an actual Icon collection will be released in the early spring. Pretty exciting! I love how many pieces are in the icon collection and the pretty packaging.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I Pretty exciting! I love how many pieces are in the icon collection and the pretty packaging.

iagree.gif
With stickers or without
sigh.gif

Princesa Livia

Gladiola seems so pretty! I was told it was a lot more purple than Girl About Town and from the photo it looks like Snob's darker sister... Snob was a little light for me so I can't wait to try this one on myself!

However, Gladiola is a matte though, so it might be a bit drying.. wish it was amplified instead!

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Fafinette14
Maybe the collection for Hello Kitty is the Icon collection? I highly doubt it, but it's a thought nonetheless.

'

Nope, Hello Kitty falls on the anniversary of both Barbie and Fafi, two collections geared around collabs with popular cultural icons (but not actual people who are icons)

If my sources are correct (and I am pretty sure they are)- we will be seeing an actual icon collection early to mid- next year :-D

nicoleh619

I do find the lavender and red packaging kinda ugly personally but if I like what I see IRL I may pick up a few things.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
'

Nope, Hello Kitty falls on the anniversary of both Barbie and Fafi, two collections geared around collabs with popular cultural icons (but not actual people who are icons)

If my sources are correct (and I am pretty sure they are)- we will be seeing an actual icon collection early to mid- next year :-D

Early to mid?? In April?? Please say yes, then i will be in NY!!

GlamYOURUs

There is a pic of the palette AND the compact powder with the stars on it ON THE NO NAME SITE WITH A T. LOL

airplane_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
There is a pic of the palette AND the compact powder with the stars on it ON THE NO NAME SITE WITH A T. LOL

awww it has the signature embossed. Now I'm not going to want to mess it up... and I don't really want to buy two.

Latest posts