#138 Brush - Uses? Opinions?

hot*pink

Hey guys!

I just finished organizing my brushes & came across my 138 face brush. Now I think I can honestly say I've never used it, which is a shame because it's $$$ not well spent.

So my question is, what do you all use this brush for?

I need to give my 138 some major
heart.gif
!

Thanks.
smiles.gif

beautymarkd

Re: #138 brush

The 138 is an awesome brush!
Use it to contour and shape by using the tapered side of the brush. To use to cheek color, use the tip of the brush.

Use a darker shade of foundation power (or even a blush or bronzer) to minimize features. If you want to highlight a feature, use a lighter shade.

Depending on your face shape, there are certain ways of contouring and shaping.

It really is a good all-around brush! Use it girl!

Meryl

For a while I was using mine for blush, although I think it's supposed to be used for sculpting and shaping, I liked it for blush. Then like you, I forgot about it.

SpringDancer

I use it for contouring, and sometimes I use it for blush application. Also, I tend to use it a lot to blend blushes and bronzers - it's like a huge 224
tong.gif

Monarda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
Also, I tend to use it a lot to blend blushes and bronzers - it's like a huge 224
tong.gif

Dito on that.

I also like it for powder, I'm not a fan of large brushes so this works great and is the perfect size to use around my nose and eyes.

Kelly78

Your opinin on the 138 please!

Hey guys! I saw a video on youtube where the MUA was talking about how great the 138 is for liquid foundation - he absolutely loved it! I was curious if anyone had an opinion on this - the brush is hella pricey, but he made it seem worth it. Here's a link:

YouTube - The Best Foundation brush in the world - Probably!

Let me know what you think - any opinions appreciated!!

alka1

Re: Your opinin on the 138 please!

I love mine but I don't use it for liquid foundation.. It's a great brush for contouring/highlighting - it can also do blush and MSFs and it blends them in beautifully.

sounds interesting, but i'm not willing to use it with liquid foundation yet. i guess i'm scared of messing up the bristles..? My 109, for example, used to shed whenever I used it with liquid foundation. but with powders, it always worked great and never shed. maybe it's just me but I tend to prefer synthetic bristles as opposed to natural when it comes to applying liquid/creme products.

btw I use MUFE's HD kabuki brush for my foundation

TISH1124

I Love Love my 138 brush!! I have never used it for foundation...can't wait to try it tomorrow!!

Kelly78

Thanks for the opinions so far!! I currently use my 109 - but I agree, it sheds like crazy!! Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and try this. Buying brushes is never a bad thing - right?
sneaky.gif
That is, after my RR haul. I need to let my wallet breathe for a bit after that one.

Kelly78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I Love Love my 138 brush!! I have never used it for foundation...can't wait to try it tomorrow!!

Make sure you report back - I can't wait to hear what you think!!

SpringDancer

I love the 138! I use it for contouring and for blush application. It never occured to me it might be good for liquid foundation. I doubt that I will use it for foundation though - it's so good for its' current uses and it was sooo expensive. And I use DoubleWear Light which difficult to wash off the brush. Maybe I will try it just for curiosity with my Studio Fix Fluid - after anyone here tries and reports how it went...

CaroLynn

I love the 138! I use it for contouring and for blush application. It never occured to me it might be good for liquid foundation. I doubt that I will use it for foundation though - it's so good for its' current uses and it was sooo expensive. And I use DoubleWear Light which difficult to wash off the brush. Maybe I will try it just for curiosity with my Studio Fix Fluid - after anyone here tries and reports how it went...
I just picked this brush up yesterday and used it today for the first time. Love it!

Latest posts