General Chanel Chat

Honey&LemonGirl

Awww, I'll get on the NM-complaint train. I didn't realize NM had such a terrible return policy on cosmetics! I ordered a Trish McEvoy brush with my Chanel Holiday order that I'm not very pleased with, but I didn't know their policy was unused/unopened. Totally sticking with Nordies from now on, even if NM does offer amazing free shipping.
ssad.gif

Bonitinha

Awww, I'll get on the NM-complaint train. I didn't realize NM had such a terrible return policy on cosmetics! I ordered a Trish McEvoy brush with my Chanel Holiday order that I'm not very pleased with, but I didn't know their policy was unused/unopened. Totally sticking with Nordies from now on, even if NM does offer amazing free shipping.
ssad.gif
Bummer! How ridiculous that it has to be un-opened. How can we know if it doesn't work for us if we don't open it?? lol It makes me appreciate companies that have great customer service!

stv578

Where I am, we can't return cosmetics unless it's an issue of having an allergic reaction. The exceptions being MAC and Sephora.

Bonitinha

For those of you who have Charming glossimer -- are you loving it? Is it similar to Mica when it is on? Just trying to decide if I need it or not . . .
smiles.gif

sailordom

Saks online sale started today. hmmsss time for some chanel shopping??
i hate it that they dont have free shipping
ssad.gif

Are Chanel cosmetics included in the F&F sale? The fine print says "select cosmetic collections" are not included. It just says "Chanel" on the exclusion list, so I'm wondering if it means all Chanel because the specifically says for Dolce & Gabbana, for example, "apparel, shoes and handbags" and says "handbags and shoes" for YSL.

Bonitinha

I exchanged my Insouciante rouge allure l/s and Pailettes glossimer -- instead I got Mythic rouge allure l/s and Confidence Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. LOVE both of them. In the tube, Mythic looks like it might pull a bit brown. But it is a great beige nude. Confidence is a gorgeous color. Right now I am wearing it over Mythic. Elegant -- I know what you were talking about when you said how much you loved the formula! It glides on and has a gorgeous texture -- and I kinda like that there isn't any shimmer. Expensive and well worth it
smiles.gif

elegant-one

I exchanged my Insouciante rouge allure l/s and Pailettes glossimer -- instead I got Mythic rouge allure l/s and Confidence Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. LOVE both of them. In the tube, Mythic looks like it might pull a bit brown. But it is a great beige nude. Confidence is a gorgeous color. Right now I am wearing it over Mythic. Elegant -- I know what you were talking about when you said how much you loved the formula! It glides on and has a gorgeous texture -- and I kinda like that there isn't any shimmer. Expensive and well worth it
smiles.gif
I LOVE LOVE Confidence Ex. gloss! It looks beautiful over nude or soft pink liners
winks.gif

mrslid

I miss everyone too! Sorry I've been so absent. I've been in a bit of a funk with sick kids and no sleep and feeling guilty and kinda bummed about all my recent makeup purchases. I actually swapped for a $100 Neiman Marcus gift card and I haven't even spent it yet!! I haven't been checking the boards much at all. I think I'm missing getting a lot of notifications which isn't helping. I'm sure I'll be back to my old chatty post and pic happy self soon
cutey.gif

Bonitinha

I just wanted to say that I miss everyone - & how we all used to get together almost every day
ssad.gif
Makes me sad
I know, what happened? I think the new format kinda threw things. I miss all of you ladies, too. Every time I use my Chanel, I think of the Chanel ladies
smiles.gif

Winthrop and Mrslid -- I just saw your posts, too. We all need to start hanging out more on this board!

elegant-one

well ladies, I just finished stripping wallpaper & then paste from a bathroom - can we say yuck! My arms are sore
lol.gif
Hubs is taking me shopping Sat. woot! I need out
greengrin.gif

I keep checking the chanel site for Stunning:( I think its gone.

Winthrop - that was a fun link.

Winthrop44

I've been stalking the various sites for Stunt too - that's what the person I'm swapping with in China wants. Since we heard it might come to counters in November, I think there's still hope? Maybe your contacts will have some insight on Saturday elegant. I know what a hard job wallpaper stripping is - although I do find it fun in a wierd way too! lol

Hope you & the kids feel better soon mrslid!

elegant-one

I've been stalking the various sites for Stunt too - that's what the person I'm swapping with in China wants. Since we heard it might come to counters in November, I think there's still hope? Maybe your contacts will have some insight on Saturday elegant. I know what a hard job wallpaper stripping is - although I do find it fun in a wierd way too! lol

Hope you & the kids feel better soon mrslid!
yep, I am hoping one of my stores will have it out.

I know exactly what you mean about it being fun in a weird way. DH is not so liking it
girlhaha.gif
only because then I started changing everything at one time. I like diy learning projects.

I had QVC streaming Smashbox while I was here tonight.

Wonder how Karin's new days on the job are.

And Shypo - how are ya darlin?

sailordom

Why is no one posting? I've been thinking it might just be the newness of the format here?

I saw this just now & thought it was a fun read:

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/fallbeauty/10-iconic-beauties-and-how-to-get-their-looks-2400902/
The new format has really cut down on my Specktra time -- I can't really read and post from my iPhone before I got to bed anymore .
nope.gif

I've been really busy this week at work (haven't had a day off since Oct. 10) and at home with the sick kitten my boyfriend rescued from our backyard colony. She has really cut down on my computer time -- she cries unless I sit next to the cattery my boyfriend made for her and doesn't like it when I'm on my laptop instead of paying attention to her.

I'm hoping my counter gets some of the Soho collection, though. I read somewhere that counters were getting some of it in November?

purrtykitty

Hi all...I'm here! The job is going well, and the hours are great. We've just been trying to finish up painting the house before we have to return the scaffolding on Saturday. Once we're done, I'm so tired I clean up, lounge, and go to bed...especially since I try to be at work by 7:45 a.m. I'm not quite used to getting up so early!

Anywho, I finally received my Chanel Pink Pulsion, Black Satin and Rose Confidentiel. I still need to try them out!

Almus

Hi all...I'm here! The job is going well, and the hours are great. We've just been trying to finish up painting the house before we have to return the scaffolding on Saturday. Once we're done, I'm so tired I clean up, lounge, and go to bed...especially since I try to be at work by 7:45 a.m. I'm not quite used to getting up so early!

Anywho, I finally received my Chanel Pink Pulsion, Black Satin and Rose Confidentiel. I still need to try them out!
I am so glad that everything is working well with your new job! And yes, getting up early is something you don't get used to ... ever! hehehe.

It's been a while since I don't go to my Chanel counter. I still have to check if the holiday collection is actually arriving here.

Miss QQ

I noticed it is quieter now too. I have more difficulty reading the comments in this new layout. Is it the colour or did the fonts become smaller? Or it could be my eyesight getting poorer?

Here's Keira Knightley in Chanel makeup. The dress is exquisite, the pearls are so beautiful.

http://lachanelphile.com/2010/10/21/keira-knightley-in-chanel-couture-at-london-premier-of-never-let-me-go/

Good to hear everything is going well! Enjoy your new goodies!

Latest posts