General Chanel Chat

Camnagem

Hiii everyone!

We're back from Florida. Spent a wonderful, relaxing week with the hubby and kids, including my little man's birthday last weekend! Now it's back to real life, unpacking some more and work, bleh!

Hope everyone is well, and Cheryl, I was so excited to hear from you!

Oh ladies, I hope you won't be too disappointed to hear that I did not get a single thing while down in the U.S. from Chanel. We just didn't have much time during the trip for shopping, we really focused on the kids. I did get a chance to go to a Coach factory store and get myself a new everyday purse and wallet. And since we flew out of Buffalo this year instead of Toronto, we also got to pick up a few things for the house (hit Target on our way back, what a great store!).

I love hearing about all your Christmas ideas and plans! I am eager to get settled into the house soon so I can get things started for Christmas as well!
Welcome back!
friends.gif

What a fun trip, and happy birthday to the little man! I love Coach bags and wallets, I'd love to see what you picked out if you'd like to share!

I love Tarjay. I can easily spend a few hours walking around and shopping, especially in a Super Target with the groceries included...those are awesome. What hockey game did you guys see? The hubby and I are big time hockey fans (hubby's from Detroit, so of course we're huge Red Wings fans!) and we try to see games here as often as we can.

I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend! I just started decorating for Thanksgiving and will have that stuff up until the weekend after Turkey Day, and then Christmas explodes in our place! Do you guys have your holiday food plans all figured out? I'm huge into Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve/Christmas menus so I'll be finalizing all of that this week.

Bonitinha

I hear you girls about Target. I go in there to get laundry soap and I come back with a cute purse, a top, an outfit for my girls, and some home decor LOL! Dangerous.

I have a lot of family here, so we divide up the Thanksgiving menu assignments. I am bringing salad and a dessert this year -- although I haven't decided which ones. I just love all of the planning also.

I am so excited for the new Spring Chanel line to come out! Woot!

Miss QQ

Love to hear what you have in your menu!
th_drool.gif
My family doesn't celebrate Christmas but I like to have a special meal at a restaurant with them and my friends too, separately, just to indulge myself in the festive mood.
th_thb5ed765e.gif

Just want to share a funny moment. Have you ladies smell Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere? I have a sample vial and I rarely wear it because I don't really like it. But today I spray a little on me before going to work because I'm bored of all my usual scents. Then at my office during lunch, my co-worker said she smelt floor cleaner powder when I was sitting beside her. She didn't know it was my perfume.
girlhaha.gif
It is a very powdery scent and the more I think about it, the more it resembles floor cleaner. I bought a 100ml bottle of Chance Eau Fraiche and I love it and finished the whole bottle. But sometimes, it reminds me of lemon scented dish washer detergent.

stv578

Miss QQ, that is funny! I'm not a huge fan of no. 5 either. I like the smell of coco mademoiselle, but find it too strong to wear. I am currently using Stella nude or MJ Daisy (edp, different than the edt I find). I still want Daisy EDT though, because I love the bottle, and I think it's a bit lighter. But my daughter loooves Daisy, so it's quickly become a favourite of mine!

Megan, we went to see the Tampa Bay lighting play the leafs (since we're from Toronto, and it's near impossible to get tickets here, even though they suck huge right now). It was a lot of fun, and we had awesome tickets four rows up from the ice on the blue line. They got their butts kicked huge, but it was really cool to sit so close, We could never do that at the Air Canada Centre between the price of tickets and the lack of availability (a good chunk are owned by season's tickets holders, many of them corporate).

Ladies, I finally tried on Pleasing glossimer today. It is so stunning! If I can still get my hands on another one, I may get a back-up of this.

bis

th_drool.gif
My family doesn't celebrate Christmas but I like to have a special meal at a restaurant with them and my friends too, separately, just to indulge myself in the festive mood.
th_thb5ed765e.gif

Just want to share a funny moment. Have you ladies smell Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere? I have a sample vial and I rarely wear it because I don't really like it. But today I spray a little on me before going to work because I'm bored of all my usual scents. Then at my office during lunch, my co-worker said she smelt floor cleaner powder when I was sitting beside her. She didn't know it was my perfume.
girlhaha.gif
It is a very powdery scent and the more I think about it, the more it resembles floor cleaner. I bought a 100ml bottle of Chance Eau Fraiche and I love it and finished the whole bottle. But sometimes, it reminds me of lemon scented dish washer detergent.

To me that sounds like what Christmas is all about, spending time with people that are important to you.

I do not know the scent, but I am sure it was not soo bad that it smelled like the cleaner? Maybe it just reminded her of something? It's great that you stayed so calm, I would have freaked :)
I would have preferred this to some heavy scent that arrives half an hour before the person wearing it does ;)

Bonitinha

th_drool.gif
th_thb5ed765e.gif

girlhaha.gif
Too funny about the floor cleaning scent! I really don't wear many perfumes -- I am so sensitive to smell!
I love the festive food, too! Here for Thanksgiving we have turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls, stuffing, salad, some type of fruit salad, vegetables . . . not to mention desserts! Too much food. For Christmas we usually switch it up a little -- but always tons of yummy food! That is fun that you go out with family and friends to enjoy a meal. Nice not to have to do all of the cooking!

Camnagem

My bf is doing the cooking, I am doing the cutting stuff before. So what's on your menu? I always thought Thanksgiving dinners are more or less fixed in what you eat?
You're the Sous Chef! Awesome!

Thanksgiving is somewhat fixed I guess. We always have turkey and stuffing, but then I like to mix in a few different side dishes every year too. This year I'm doing candied yams, Kentucky spoon bread, roasted rosemary red potatoes, homemade crescent rolls, a few veggie dishes I haven't totally decided on yet (probably brown sugar glazed carrots for one, and maybe a broccoli and cheese dish), a cranberry ginger-ale punch, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and I need to find a new cranberry recipe to try this year. I'm making a bunch of appetizer type things too, to eat later in the day when we get a little hungry but don't need a full meal.

I always go all out crazy for Thanksgiving, but especially so this year as my parents are coming to visit. We haven't been with family for Thanksgiving for a few years now and I can't wait!

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention mashed potatoes and gravy! We have them every single year too (hubby's request, he loves them!).

elegant-one

Maybe you guys already know this, but I did not - just read it.

The ad for the Rouge Coco lipsticks - the model had the sheer white lace top on - it's Johnny Depp's wife Vanessa!

http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/chanel-rouge-coco/

purrtykitty

I just made a delicious corn and crab chowder, and I have a massive batch of chili to make later this week (making plenty to freeze for quick meals). I have a variety of other soups and chowders I want to try. One of the many reasons I love fall and winter!

Miss QQ

Miss QQ, that is funny! I'm not a huge fan of no. 5 either. I like the smell of coco mademoiselle, but find it too strong to wear. I am currently using Stella nude or MJ Daisy (edp, different than the edt I find). I still want Daisy EDT though, because I love the bottle, and I think it's a bit lighter. But my daughter loooves Daisy, so it's quickly become a favourite of mine!

Ladies, I finally tried on Pleasing glossimer today. It is so stunning! If I can still get my hands on another one, I may get a back-up of this.
I have nose allergy and it is blocked all day every day. I can't detect some very light scents, such as Daisy but on the other hand, I am sensitive to certain smells (some pungent). I like Coco Mademoiselle. It doesn't smell very strong to me but whenever I wear it, people around me find it too strong. Perhaps my nose can't pick up the full notes of Coco Mademoiselle.
girlhaha.gif

All the talk about Pleasing is making me want it again.

bis

I just made a delicious corn and crab chowder, and I have a massive batch of chili to make later this week (making plenty to freeze for quick meals). I have a variety of other soups and chowders I want to try. One of the many reasons I love fall and winter!

That sounds great, I love crab, but they are always so hard to get.

Thanks for your Thanksgiving menus, they all sound like a lot of work. And a lot of leftovers ;)

stv578

Quote: Originally Posted by Camnagem

That sounds like so much fun! Hockey is just incredible live, the absolute best. We have a really hard time trying to get tickets to the Red Wings in Joe Louis Arena in Detroit too, so we try to see as many as we can here at the Pepsi center in Denver. We have to watch the Avalanche (barf!), but it's totally worth it to see the Wings play!

There was a time though that the Avalanche had some great players, but I'm guessing most of them are retired now. Detroit has been pretty consistent in putting together a good team for quite a while now. At least you don't have to feel shame in throwing on a Red Wings jersey! My Leaf's jersey is outdated now, with a retired player's name on the back, but at least I don't feel as much shame in wearing it because he was a good player!

Today I decided to shop my stash, and for the first time in a very long time, have a full face of MAC make-up on! (Wait, I lied, I have Pleasing on the lips again) I brought out Sunny By Nature MSF to highlight my tan while it lasts! It goes beautifully with Pleasing.

stv578

I just called the Chanel boutique and had a couple of bottles of Riva put away for me! It's a little out of the way, but I can get some other shopping done for Christmas while I'm down there!

mrslid

Does this mean they don't ship to Canada then? Did you ask?? So you are going shopping there!!! I'm so jealous!!! Maybe you can bring back an extra bottle for me?
love.gif

I just called the Chanel boutique and had a couple of bottles of Riva put away for me! It's a little out of the way, but I can get some other shopping done for Christmas while I'm down there!

elegant-one

Hi hun!!! *Inserts a giggle here* Glad you enjoyed your trip to the states!

Bonitinha

I really want this Chanel dress for Christmas -- so elegant and classy:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463202504234&set=a.463202439234.251948.10109514234

I wonder how many thousands of $$ it is?? lol ;) It would look so lovely with all of the Chanel makeup I've acquired. A girl can dream, right??
sigh.gif

mrslid

Gorgeous! Yes I'm afraid all we can do is dream...I'll never afford any Chanel other than cosmetics/fragrance.

Latest posts