I am in MAJOR PAIN!!

pdtb050606

Ok, so I just finished taking the last of my extensions out, can I just say
censored.gif
rants.gif
censored.gif
!!!!!! So of course now I am all sad and depressed b/c my long beautiful (and friggin expensive) fake hair is in the trash
ssad.gif
I just couldn't afford to do them again, I would have to be on a MAC ban for like 2 months to cover the cost and I do not have that much restraint, soooo here I am. My head is extremely sore & sensitive which I expected since this is not my first rodeo with extensions lol. Anyway I do have a hair appt tomorrow afternoon to freshen up my color and get a haircut, blah I hate to cut it but I guess that's my only option. I guess it's been 4 years now when I had a horrible scissor happy stylist cut my sides out and they still have not grown back!
angry.gif
I guess I will have to cut it where my sides are even with the back and try and let it grow back. Now to my question, does anyone have any good ideas on how to get your hair to grow fast? I tried that mane & tail crap and it didn't work for me *sighs* Sorry for the rant but I guess I am just in a grumpy mood now. *looks at my hair in the trash one last time*
ohboy.gif

Oh, and on a happier note I am wanting to try and have a Houston area meet up, so if anyone is interested let me know

Hilly

Let's do a meet up!!!

We can plan and do like lunch in the village and go shopping at the MAC and sephora there. How does that sound?

purrtykitty

That really sucks, but just think of all the great collections coming out! I swear by Biotin supplements. They help keep my hair and nails strong and looking great. I swear within about two weeks, my roots are already showing (which is bad if you color your hair, so I've made friends with boxed haircolor, again).

TISH1124

Biotin...limited heat...Drink lots of Water.......along with Regular Trims works for me...

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Let's do a meet up!!!

We can plan and do like lunch in the village and go shopping at the MAC and sephora there. How does that sound?

Ok you're making my night better, that sounds like fun! I really like the MAC store there, and I would love to explore the village more
yahoo.gif

So biotin? what is that, i've never heard of it

purrtykitty

It's a natural supplement. Your body produces it - it's one of the main components of hair and nails. I get mine at Target and its sooooo cheap. $1.34 (or something like that) for a bottle of 100, and I take two to three per day.

TISH1124

Biotin is a B-complex vitamin, also known as Vitamin B-7 or Vitamin H. It is important in a number of metabolic functions in the human body, including cell growth, the synthesis of fatty acids, and the metabolism of the amino acid leucine. Biotin also assists in the Krebs cycle, through which the body converts food into energy, and in the transfer of carbon dioxide within the body. Intestinal bacteria naturally produce biotin, and deficiency is consequently rare.
Many health and beauty products that promote hair and nail strength include biotin. However, the usefulness of externally applied products like shampoo is questionable, as biotin is not easily absorbed through the skin. In order to reap the health benefits of biotin, the vitamin must typically be consumed in supplement form.
Most people have no need for biotin supplements, as sufficient biotin is either consumed through a healthy diet or produced by intestinal bacteria. Dietary sources of biotin include dairy products, shellfish, chicken breasts, cauliflower, and organ meats. There is no daily recommended intake of biotin in most nutritional guidelines. However, biotin supplements may be helpful in treating some specific conditions.
Biotin may help prevent hair loss and can improve certain skin complaints. Children with the congenital disorder phenylketonuria (PKU) often suffer from skin problems like eczema and seborrheic dermatitis, more commonly known as Cradle Cap, and biotin supplements can help. Recent studies have suggested that biotin may also be helpful in improving insulin synthesis and release in diabetics, leading to improved blood sugar control.

Yep I just rattled all this off..I had all this information stored in my head...NOT...copy and psste is my friend!!!

X4biddenxLustX

I've had extensions put in once and having them put in and taken out is just OUCH!

I have heard that stimulating the scalp increases circulation to that area and should help aid in hair growth, so maybe try some head/scalp massages at night?

pdtb050606

Hmm, scalp massages for the hubby to do, thanks he will LOVE you for this suggestion, j/k. I was thinking gosh Tish is so darn smart
smiles.gif
Ok, I'm def going to Target tomorrow to pick this stuff up, thanks ladies
smiles.gif

Latest posts