They thought i was stealing

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloopBloop
do i really need to grab an MA so they can reach the brushes 2 inches away from me?

I think your experience should tell you yes you do.

BloopBloop

some stores may operate differently, but other than that time, i havent had any issues with just grabbing a brush and making the purchase. next time ill alert someone that ive come to exchange an item. but i wont waste time standing in front of brushes staring at them behind some invisible wall, waiting for someone else to hand it to me, instead of just taking it to the register. =)

lara

If I saw you holding live stock and opening your bag, I'd be all over you like white on rice as well.

Take it as a learning experience and move on.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
If I saw you holding live stock and opening your bag, I'd be all over you like white on rice as well.

Take it as a learning experience and move on.

I agree. I keep waiting for someone to catch the tail-end of me putting my cell phone into my purse and questioning me because opening and putting things in or taking things from your bag looks suspicious in a retail environment and mimics the act of stealing (even if you are doing something else.)

I honestly wouldn't be offended if someone just saw my hand coming from my purse in a retail situation and questioned me. They are just doing their job and the action, in and of itself, can be suspicious in that environment. Even moreso if you carry a large bag or oversized coat as retail personnel are typically informed that those are "flags" to keep an eye out for.

That being said, of course, the questioning should be handled in the least offensive way.

Septemba

I'm sorry BloopBloop and everyone this has happened to, that must be so hurtful and frustrating.
ssad.gif

cindel25

Ha! the MAC SA don't even bother or help me when I go into their stores.

I find that if you're returning something, it's best to have all the things in a bag and go right up to the sale counter and tell them you're making a return that way they know so they won't be suspicious.

Sorry this happened to you.

X4biddenxLustX

I guess ya gotta follow the "no-touchy" rule. Don't touch any of the products that are actually up for sale but feel free to look at the demo items.

I get weirded out too whenever I'm at a store and someone calls or texts me and I have to go rummaging through my big purse trying to find my phone, and take it out of its case, etc. I'm always thinking that the SA there probably thinks I'm trying to steal or something. But I'm not stealing and I think that if I'm not doing anything else considering suspicious that I'm fine.

Latest posts