!!!!!Coastal Scents Controversy!!!!! PLEASE WATCH

nunu

Re: PLEASE READ:about coastal scents(very bad news)

Thanks a lot for posting this video.

TISH1124

WOW!!! Not used the silica powder...but this is very interesting

Blushbaby

Flippin heck, it took me a good couple of mins to grasp her accent - she spoke so quickly!!

I think this is what my friend was trying to show me on MSN earlier tonight but I was kinda busy and only glanced at the thread she posted taken from a different website.

I decided a while ago that I wasn't gonna bother with silica powder, but am more likely not to backtrack now cos there are just too many rumours flying around surrounding its safety and I've got enough going on without a face powder causing me aggro further down the line.

TheeBettyBoop

Wow! I just found out about this powder, thanks for posting. To be more informed I'm going to goggle this.

kariii

wow! and I was just thinking of buying the blushes from coastal scents.. I really do not want to support someone that is willing to call our advocate an ignorant and act unprofessional.

Tashona Helena

Wow. Good for her. Someone needs to go to school and learn the right and professional way to run a business....the first rule is customers first. You don't bash someone when they have a problem with your product, you find ways to help make the situation better. How petty of CS to do that. I will never buy any of their products.

NubianHoneii

wow.
I just ordered some last week! Good thing it wasn't the only thing I ordered and it's only $4.

Seriously, I don't care who bad mouthed who but after looking up the risk of silica AND the fact that my mother just beat breast cancer not too long ago, I don't think that its a wise thing for me to put on my skin, and bring that into my house with my 5 month old just in the name of beauty.

(BTW yes I know that all the coastal scents pallets can be found on eBay from the source, but Id rather order from coastal scents. They are coming from china and the shipping is horrendous -- and long. I also am less likely to get a problem solved quickly if something goes awry. Sometimes it just pays to deal with the middle man. )

kdemers1221

The thing that's so horrible is that when she first posted the video addressing the possible issues with silica she DEFENDED Coastal Scents saying that it wasn't their fault if people were using the product in ways it wasn't intended. The Coastal Scents owner then went on to bash her on the Coastal Scents website forum calling her out specifically and even posting a link to her youtube page. Coastal scents also then altered the information on silica on the product page. I mean if I was a business owner and someone had posed possible issues with a product I was selling I would deal with it privately instead of vilifying someone who was simply passing on information and asking people to just do your own research. I won't be purchasing from Coastal Scents just because of their horrible customer service on this issue and the treatment of a customer who directed her viewers to their business.

nursee81

does any one know if the 88 pallets contain silica

TISH1124

I worked at a Cosmetic Manufacturing Laboratory and we refused to manufature products that contained Silica due to potential health risks to our employees and OSHA and the FDA were always on our tails when it came to these type of products...regarding proper ventilation etc...so we opted to not go after that type business..

Shadow Ingredients:

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

May contain: Mica and titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Green, Hydrated Chrome Oxide Green. FD&C Red #40/ak Kajem /fd&/c Tekkiw #5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue #1 Al Lake

NubianHoneii

I wonder if MUFE is ever going to make a public statement about the safety of the HD powder?

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubianHoneii
I wonder if MUFE is ever going to make a public statement about the safety of the HD powder?

Thats the same thing I was thinking. I bought mine at sephora I am thinking about returning it.

Latest posts