Ive had my period for over 2 months!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
Thanks so much its so true ...our diet can sometimes make the big difference! I hope I am able to be helped and understand what it is I have I leave the 11th of March please have me in your thoughts and prayers. I will update yall with any news as I get checked up! I am glad to know i am not alone. i have been feeling super laaazzzyyy! I thought for sure it was stopping because it got les and less and just when I thought it was over...it hit me with the okiedoke and as off right now its extremely heavy...i feel like I already bought enough pads for a lifetime lol

Everything will be fine I am sure. I hope you can find out exactly what's going on for the peace of mind alone. I also know what you mean about thinking it's done and then
boxing.gif
*BAM* it's back again. I have had the same thing happen many many times. I felt like I should buy stock in Playtex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
by the way when I get back in the states im def gonna buy some of those vitamins!

Please do and let me know what you think.

chiquilla_loca

I have the opposite problem as you do, I can go months w/o a period, and then boom i got it 4 days ago. My doctor had put me on Provera so I could force my body to have a period, cuz even tho I loved the freedom of not having one...me and my husband want to have a baby. I was also told by my doctor about 6mos ago that I'm pre-diabetic which involved a lot of weight gain really quickly, and I'm normally under a lot of stress, so I've been feeling crappy overall.
I'm gonna try those vitamins too. (thanks aziajs)

I wish you the best! have a safe trip, hope you find the answers for your problem & also have a great time visiting your family.

Sushi.

I would say get to a doctor ASAP. I dont mean to scare you, but i know something similar happened to my aunt,it just went on and she had to go into the hospital and have all her girly parts removed. I dont know exactly what the matter was. And who knows maybe they gave her choice, I dont know, but i just hope you seek medical help ASAP just in case it is something big like my aunts situation. I wish you the best!

cheapglamour

have you been through menopause?
a coworker of mine started hers somewhat early. because she's only in her thirties.. didn't have a period for two years. then bled for two months..

kittykit

I hope you find out what is going on with your body.

Two of my friends had their period for over a month before but they were fine after they were on medication.

Please keep us updated.

caitlin1593

I had a similar problem but I had to do something about it before it got to be that long. I had started a new generic birth control because it was WAAY cheaper. But then I began having a super long period with lots of breakthrough bleeding and and that so I asked my Mom and she told me that there is prob. to much progesterone in the pill. So I went to the doctor and changed to Yaz and things are waay better. No more long periods, breakthrough bleeding, acne, mood swings, nothing
smiles.gif

so try seeing if you have to much progesterone in your pill and things might get a little better
HTH!

User93

I can't help at all, but I just wanted to send you hugs - this exact thing never happened to me, but I have a lot of problems in girly section aswell, polycyctosis of ovaries (they gave me pills, not a surgery, but still...), some hormonal disbalance, my period was always bouncing, and other troubles too.... It sucks
ssad.gif
Everything will be ok girl
th_hug.gif

ashk36

I had the same problem when I was 19. I had my period for a month straight, and it wasn't just a normal period...I was bleeding through a super plus tampon within an hour. I had horrible mood swings, too. Not only that, but I was having severe pains in my tummy, and I went to several doctors to figure out what it was. The pain was so bad I would literally scream and cry myself to sleep, I would be fine one minute and doubled over in pain the next. Why we didn't put the long period and stomach pain together, i don't know. We did an MRI, CT scan, endoscopy, colonoscopy, and they found nothing until they did an ultrasound. My ovary was swollen the size of a grapefruit, my fallopian tubes scarred beyond use. I had to have that ovary and both fallopian tubes surgically removed. I hope it's not like that for you. It's something I'm completely fine with, because I honestly don't intend on ever having children...but if I really want to in vitro is always an option one day. Good luck to you, and I hope things get better soon.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashk36
I had the same problem when I was 19. I had my period for a month straight, and it wasn't just a normal period...I was bleeding through a super plus tampon within an hour. I had horrible mood swings, too. Not only that, but I was having severe pains in my tummy, and I went to several doctors to figure out what it was. The pain was so bad I would literally scream and cry myself to sleep, I would be fine one minute and doubled over in pain the next. Why we didn't put the long period and stomach pain together, i don't know. We did an MRI, CT scan, endoscopy, colonoscopy, and they found nothing until they did an ultrasound. My ovary was swollen the size of a grapefruit, my fallopian tubes scarred beyond use. I had to have that ovary and both fallopian tubes surgically removed. I hope it's not like that for you. It's something I'm completely fine with, because I honestly don't intend on ever having children...but if I really want to in vitro is always an option one day. Good luck to you, and I hope things get better soon.

Oh God. I have the same symptoms to had and I was scheduled for an ultra sound but canceled it because I couldn't afford it (no insurance). Although, honestly if I had to have surgery I would not love it because I don't like hospitals but I would be happy as long as it's not anything more serious.

laguayaca

Girl I'm in the same boat no insurance the insurance through my husbands job is $800 a month that's almost a mortgage for some people! I won't approve for any programs either because he is slightly above qualifications grr I've already spent $500 on one visit alone just to hear:
I need to get a job.
I am probably depressed.
I might have an STD because I "really don't know" my husbands sexual endevours--we were both virgins--she didn't want to believe that
It's normal it happens all the time.
It might be thyroid problems.

Anyways to say the least I did not want to spend another $500 to hear if,buts, and maybes! That's why I never went back.I recently talked to a friend she had the problem for 3 years before doctors even finding out what it was! In her case her uterus lining was thickening. As far as I know she's better and it was her last doctor that finally determined what she had. After 3 years they determined it almost instantly. While other doctors she had been to did not find anything. That's why I'm just busting out of here I am not going to waste my money on a bunch of inacurate opinions. For girls in Cali my friend went to UCLA medical center and that's who finally helped her. HTH

SolarWhite

Oh my goodness, flash back to my childhood (unfortunately). When I got my period at 11, I had my period for at least a year straight. I would get it for 3 or 4 months, and it would go away for a few weeks then come back to haunt me for another several months. It was horrible. I know how it feels.
To me, that was "normal". I had no idea what a normal period was!
I would bleed so heavy I'd have to leave school once a week because it was so heavy it my jeans would be soaked with blood. It was like I pee'd blood all over myself.
Sorry, that is disgusting.. but............... my point is, even with all of that, my doctor only put me on birth control pills to normalize my hormones. I was severely anemic so I went on iron pills.
I have no idea why it happens, but it really really sucks and I hope you find a solution.
The birth control did help, but I always forgot to take the pills when I was that young (still do). Now I am in my early 20s and my periods only last 4 days. Very strange!

QueenJollene

When I was in 6th grade i had my period for 2months straight. HEAVY bleedage. I would have to change my tampon every 30minutes! no lie. I was weak, pale, tired ALL the time, and the pain?!! HORRIBLE! My mom noticed something was wrong and took me to the doctor. I had all kinds of tests ran on me and even an ultrasound which i thought was kinda wierd cuz i was so young. but they didnt find anything. My doctor finally came to a conclusion. My hormones were just running crazy and i was producing too much estrogen. She put me on birth control and everything calmed down after a while. I should still take birth control til this day cuz my period is still bad. extremely heavy and cramps out of this world but I stopped cuz they made me gain weight and i just dont feel right having to take a pill everyday.

I hope you find out whats wrong. I feel your pain girl. Good luck!

obentick

Well, I am going to start by asking you if you took the birth control shot?
On my side I hstarted getting my periods when I was 14 and was always on time NEVER late, and oh I miss those times. About 5 years ego I took the shot and everything went downhill, I had my periods for 1 year non stop. I went to the doc and all they said oh take the pill to put it back to normal. I got off from the shot and now I get my periods every two weeks and I tried to take the pill for it to go back to normal but nothing. When I am fed up I take the pill and praying that it will go back to normal and nothing. That was the worst mitake I ever made, taking the shot..... it horrible.
So if you took the shot, it maybe it is what happened.
Just an option.

laguayaca

Endometrial Biopsy
this is what im getting done tomorrow option number 2 im scared because im a wimp haha
I have lots of cysts in my ovaries
this is what i was diagnosed with
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Symptoms, Cause, and Treatment
because o this its causing my endometrium to thicken which normally happens when a womans ovaries are getting ready for menopause and about to stop working! Praise the Lord i was able to get diagnosed on time and Lord willing enter into a 4 month treatment which should end the problem. Baby in 2010 I hope!

Thank you for your love girls I miss all of you and wish I could explain more but once I get home ill post pictures of what my ovaries looked like and explain all that was done thanks for the love!

nunu

Thanks for the update! I hope everything will go back to norma soon because we miss your posts.

Keep us updated
th_hug.gif

laguayaca

I was very close to gettinbg cancer in my uterus soo scary luckily everything was caught on time will update with more info whenever i get a chance i love you guys miss yall tear tear

xxManBeaterxx

Wow very scary... I'm glad you found out in time! Each time i dread getting a pap smear and mammogram done i will think about all the worse things that could happen if i dont go...

User93

I'm reading this thread and feeling good at least I'm not the one having this troubles! I had my normal period in january, then got some spotting 2 weeks later and then a week later it happened again. Not to sound graphic, but like little timy clumps or bloody strings. I was very scared and ran to have an ultrasound in my lunch break. I do have ovaries full of small cysts and was diagnosed with PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome) some years ago, however never experienced this before. The doctor said that despite that everything looks fine on the ultrasound and my period gonna come soon. So it did on Monday, very light, and doesnt stop now. More than that, I have a swollen lymph node close to my crouch. I am sooo freaking out here. Gonna see the doctor tomorrow hopefully/ Hope it's nothing too bad.

ThePowderPuff

I have PCOS too. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have been taking metformine with excellent results. Completely normal period.

Latest posts