Shu Umera Tests on Animals!

Divacei

I found this information out on the Peta website. I can't believe it! The eyelash curler is amazing, the eyeshadows are beyond pigmented, but I am currently very disappointed. And to think that they still test on animals. Please discuss-will this make you buy Shu Umera products less? I really like them, but after I found this out I was like
angry.gif
. So I don't know. I really hate animal testing and thinks its just a stupid alternative for cheap companies who don't care about the customer and all they care about is money. Because apparently animal testing saves money. But so what? They already have semi-expensive products.

blindpassion

I won't purchase or use any products that are tested on animals. Period.

I urge everyone else to do the same.

Rabbits are a big part of animal testing (as well as many other animals of course) and as a mommy of two little bunnies, I can't imagine supporting a company that would choose to harm anything or anyone.

Divacei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
That's horrible!

I know.
ssad.gif
I'm beyond disappointed. I'm just glad most brands don't.... MAC, Clinique, every brand at Sephora, don't test on animals.

I also found out every brand at drugstores test on animals except Wet N' Wild, Organic Physicians Formula, and maybe NYX/NYC... but thats all I know of..

Its so out. I'm mean, its lame and not worth it. Animals have feelings too, and they can feel pain. =/

Divacei

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

Rabbits are a big part of animal testing (as well as many other animals of course) and as a mommy of two little bunnies, I can't imagine supporting a company that would choose to harm anything or anyone.

I agree 100%. I think its wrong, cruel, and pointless. I found out over 100 animals die a minute from animal testing. =/

Mabelle

i've never bought from Shu Umera, but has considered it. I thought well of this brand. Now i will not even consider them.

Disgusting.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
Dior is @ Sephora and I thought they tested on animals?

Christian Dior is on Petas list of companys that DO NOT test
smiles.gif

panda0410

Ugh... PETA again... these people are sensationalists and a lot of their info is hype....

As for testing on animals I TOTALLY agree!!! But we need to be aware that there are MANY companies that play pedantic with "animal testing"... for example there are plenty that dont test their products on animals BUT they DO test their ingredients.... and its prefectly legal for them to say they dont test on animals in that regard. You'd be suprised at which companies do that.

Consumers need to be aware that items they are purchasing may well have had the ingredients tested on animals, and at some almost ALL ingredients were tested on animals at one point - regardless of who did it and which companies are currently using them now.

blindpassion

^ Thats very true and fair, and its impossible to stay away from all products tested on animals, because a lot of the time that information is not out there for the public. But as a consumer you can be aware of whats going on with the products you purchase and do your own research - it doesn't have to be peta. It's important that everyone is proactive in helping insure the safety of animals and our planet.

pdtb050606

Quote:
Christian Dior is on Petas list of companys that DO NOT test
smiles.gif

Where did you find that? I was on Peta's site under "caring consumer" and I couldn't find that...also does anyone know about Jemma Kidd products? I also can't find that on either list??

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
Where did you find that? I was on Peta's site under "caring consumer" and I couldn't find that...also does anyone know about Jemma Kidd products? I also can't find that on either list??

I have the Adobe file saved my computer that I refer to every time I go shopping
smiles.gif
Just google "companies that do/ do not test on animals" and you should find an updated list.

sharkbytes

That's so messed up. I have a shu eyelash curler (which I sincerely hope couldn't be tested on animals, wtf it's an eyelash curler!) but I will not purchase or use any of their products now that I know this. It seems like a small step, but the only way regular people can make big companies listen is with their wallets and pocketbooks.

Sorry Shu...to the left with you
ssad.gif

panda0410

Quote:
^ Thats very true and fair, and its impossible to stay away from all products tested on animals, because a lot of the time that information is not out there for the public. But as a consumer you can be aware of whats going on with the products you purchase and do your own research - it doesn't have to be peta. It's important that everyone is proactive in helping insure the safety of animals and our planet.

Absolutely
smiles.gif

Many of the companies advertising no animal testing are splitting hairs.... I personally dont see the distinguishment between not testing finished products as opposed to not testing ingredients... its a manipulation of the fact and thats my my primary contention. L'Oreal who owns Lancome and Maybelline are prob the most common offenders of the fence line between the two variables.

I encourage everyone to do their own research. When it comes to PETA I take anything they publish with a very large grain of salt
winks.gif
But there are plenty of other valid information sources that are both a little more transparent and factual.

Macnarsandlove

I really dont feel anyway about animal testing but I do remember the red fox fur lashes that Jennifer Lopez wore, so this doesnt come as a huge shock.

wishingforsn0w

Quote:

i TOTALLY agree. i looove animals, bunnies and guinea pigs (they also test a lot of products on them) included and absolutely hate the idea of using cosmetics that have been tested on animals. i completely cut out all of the cosmetics i buy from that test on animals.. which really was NOT easy, especially for hair products and necessities like toothpaste, but i managed and am much happier for it. now i only use organic or vegan products, which sometimes may cost more, but at least i know my money isnt going towards supporting horrible companies (damn you, proctor and gamble!) that kill thousands of poor innocent animals.
I used to really love shu umara, shiseido, guerlain, givenchy.. but after i found out they test on animals i stopped buying their stuff. seriously, youd think they wouldve moved on from animal testing and found alternative testing methods by now.. its not like were still in the medieval ages after all.

Latest posts