What's my skin tone?

martiangurll

Hi Sweetie. I have similar issues with tones. We can only guess from a picture on a monitor, so I agree the best thing to do is go in and get some samples. Try NARS Siberia. Best foundation I have found that is a match, covers the pink without being too yellow. Good luck!

Ellenmd

Sephora has a new toy where they take 3 pictures of your skin and neck and assign you a number based on how dark your skin is, there are 12 levels, and how much yellow is in your skin. They may not get the depth correct, but they get you in the ballpark and you can go darker or lighter from there. Its all explained on their website, but its worth a trip to the store to see what they come up with. You then use that number to guide you to foundations sold by Sephora that should be an exact match. Since I have fair, cool skin and have always had a hard time finding foundation, it was no surprise that my choices were limited. Especially because I wanted a liquid formula appropriate for dry skin. There were several recommendations only available online. In the store, all they had were two from Clinique. After all these years, back to Clinique! But it does seem to match. Once you know your number, you can play around on the website with recommendations for one number fatker and lighter than you, and you will have a good guide to which lines and which shades ate best for you. Then you can shop with some confidence. You can't just go to a counter, even MAC's, and expect to be matched perfectly! They will try to sell you something, but you know when its right! I love Bobbi Brown products, but I can't wear the foundations! Sephora's system showed me I could wear BB's tinted moisturizer in extra light. I checked in the store and it was right! So give it a try. Once you get your correct number, you can check the recommendations for that one, and one darker and one lighter, and you will definitely find a good match. I had tried Lancome several times, but the machine recommended one shade I had liked but the consultant didn't, and one that was never recommended. I had liked the formulation, now I can find the right color. Good luck.

Latest posts