Dior Cosmetics Discussion

charismafulltv

I'll be curious to hear your first impressions. I did a few quick searches tonight but couldn't find any swatches of the palette so...fingers crossed! 
I just took the plunge since the colors are very unique for spring not your usual pastel pinks!

Vineetha

Yay!!
pompom.gif
I think we share the same patience! LOL Have you ordered from Dior before? Last time they sent my items in a beautiful white box...everything was packaged and protected so nicely. And yes free shipping! And I don't pay sales tax either so, no cash back, but no tax so that works too!
Yes!! I always choose complimentary gift packaging too if thats an option
girlhaha.gif
. It comes in all pretty and glam lmao!!
pompom.gif
I was lusting after that palette just this morning when it was posted in Diors Ig page!!

EllaS

girlhaha.gif
pompom.gif
I was lusting after that palette just this morning when it was posted in Diors Ig page!!
Aww so lucky it showed up online tonight then! I wasn't even following this thread that closely but then I got an email from Dior about the V-day release and that set me off! LOL. Can't wait 'till we get our goodies!

charismafulltv

Aww so lucky it showed up online tonight then! I wasn't even following this thread that closely but then I got an email from Dior about the V-day release and that set me off! LOL. Can't wait 'till we get our goodies!
I ordered them last week like Thursday while I was looking thru the Japanese site and I found it. They're supposed to arrive today but got delayed due to the weather.

EllaS

I also got joli Couer because it's just a pastel frosted pink I don't think I owned yet
You know what, I didn't even look at the lippies! Joli Coeur looks really pretty actually. I've just gone hog wild on lippies over the last couple of months so I didn't give it a glance but you could totally change my mind with a good review! (doesn't take much to twist my arm)
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

The Eye Reviver Illuminating Neutrals Palette is up at dior.com http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fragrance-and-beauty/makeup/eyes/eyeshadows/pr-eyeshadows-Y0929540-illuminating-neutrals-eye-palette.html

I feel like I need more info about it! Anyone know the finish of the shades? I did find these photos using the palette http://makeupforlife.net/2015/01/angelic-beauty-dior-spring-2015-couture.html

It looks SO pretty in the pan, but based on those photos I am worried this palette may be too subtle for me. Light and neutral shades typically disappear on my skin tone.
I agree Ella. I does look pretty in the compact but would be absolute redundancy in my stash.

EllaS

I ordered them last week like Thursday while I was looking thru the Japanese site and I found it. They're supposed to arrive today but got delayed due to the weather.
Well when I got the Dior email I immediately came to this thread because I didn't recognize the palette and I saw you found it a week ago and I panicked that I was so far behind! LOL

charismafulltv

You know what, I didn't even look at the lippies! Joli Coeur looks really pretty actually. I've just gone hog wild on lippies over the last couple of months so I didn't give it a glance but you could totally change my mind with a good review! (doesn't take much to twist my arm) :haha:
Lol! I was looking for an Asian exclusive spring blush but it wasn't available on their website only in a few stores.

EllaS

I agree Ella. I does look pretty in the compact but would be absolute redundancy in my stash.
Yeah I mean I like the idea of "illuminating" neutrals, but light mattes just disappear into my skin. And I'm not sure what the finish is on the shades in this palette yet. A lot of neutral palettes out there so I'll be curious to see some reviews on how this one fares!

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
pompom.gif
I hope you love it Vee. It is pretty!!!!!

Vineetha

It certainly isn't. I got the E-mail last week and melted when I saw Tangerine Dream but I have more than one palette that's so similar.
sigh.gif

I hope you love it Vee. It is pretty!!!!!
I Hope so too Meddy!! I am hoping it can be an office workhorse palette!!!
girlhaha.gif
With dior though you never know, I either hate the palette or absolutely love it. There is no in between. Its been so long I have been really impressed with a 5 Coloeur though!!
sigh.gif
I like the color themes but somehow 1 or few shades always fall short!!

charismafulltv

I Hope so too Meddy!! I am hoping it can be an office workhorse palette!!! :haha:  With dior though you never know, I either hate the palette or absolutely love it. There is no in between. Its been so long I have been really impressed with a 5 Coloeur though!! :sigh: I like the color themes but somehow 1 or few shades always fall short!!
And I hate those glitters on LE palettes! Their palettes are inconsistent unlike the chanel quads.

Medgal07

I Hope so too Meddy!! I am hoping it can be an office workhorse palette!!!
girlhaha.gif
With dior though you never know, I either hate the palette or absolutely love it. There is no in between. Its been so long I have been really impressed with a 5 Coloeur though!!
sigh.gif
I like the color themes but somehow 1 or few shades always fall short!!
I've been really happy with my last 4 Dior palettes with the exception of a single shadow in one palette. It just wasn't what I expected. I'm loving the Givenchy palettes
right now. I'd like two more of those and two of the CT e/s palettes.

th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

I saw the blush in store last week. It did look absolutely beautiful in the pan, but I ran my finger over it (lightly!) and powder went everywhere. Could have just been the tester, but it felt like the product hadn't been properly pressed.

Here's hoping we get it in Canada too! I have a real soft spot for orange shadows and Cherie lipstick has my name written all over it.
That's really too bad.
ohboy.gif

Chêrie lipstick is gorgeous but I just ordered Chanel's Arthur Rouge Coco---It's red but I'm restricting myself to two lippies /month
lmao.gif
I typed that and now I'm falling off

my chair laughing at how absurd that sounds. It'll never happen!!!

sugarberry

I'll be curious to hear your first impressions. I did a few quick searches tonight but couldn't find any swatches of the palette so...fingers crossed!
I'm waiting for swatches, too! I try not to buy anything on impulse because I usually regret it, so I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the Tangerine quad!

Latest posts