Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE - Long Island

Ellen1

Re: Long Island Estee Lauder warehouse sale

I just PM'd you, hope the ticket is still available! : )

Thanks!!

stacey131

I go to this sale quite a bit (have gone 12 x since the beginning of the year) Estee Lauder offers the majority tickets to Long Island Companies and has passes for employees friends/families. As far as I know, salon owners/employees are not encouraged to offer tix to customers because that eats into their own retail sales. Local businesses, schools and community organizations usually get tix on a 8-12 week cycle but the warehouse sale is open EVERY Saturday. Your best bet for tickets is trade or buy them from someone whose company gets tix. Once you're in the sale, you can ask the manager for a form to sign up your company (this is what I did).

I do have tix for 6/6 sale and am eagerly wanting to trade them for another date. As a last resort I am selling them for $20/ticket (to feed my habit :))

Really happy to answer any q's regarding the sale.

ricam26

its so funny how u guys sell these tickets and your get it for free! gee what's this world coming to.

GGBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricam26
its so funny how u guys sell these tickets and your get it for free! gee what's this world coming to.

Not everyone in this thread charged for tickets. Read the first post ... I offered them for free.

stacey131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricam26

That's easy for you to say... I actually have to coordinates trades, do favors etc to get tickets. They don't come to me every week in an envelope with zero effort. So, yes my time is worth something. As I stated - my preference is to trade with someone for dates that I don't have. If that can't happen, given the time and legwork invested, I do ask for compensation.

ricam26

GGBlu i most say u the best, u really look out for other people now, everbody should be like you. keep up the good job, have a great day and enjoy the rest of your week.

selfish22007

OMG, I would love to purchase or whatever anyone wants for one ticket!! I live on Long Island and would love to go!!! Please anyone contact me!!!!

stacey131

I have tix for 6/6 and actually this Saturday (May30th)- I was able to trade for.

selfish22007

^^^^^^Whatever tickets u have for whatever date you have available I would be intrested in purchasing if you would like to sell.

Boasorte

If anyone still has an extra ticket available, please let me know by private message, this is a good way to save money, while still building up my makeup, and I don't live in Long Island, but I will make it there, my cousin just moved to Huntington Station, she can give me directions

stacey131

Re: Long Island Estee Lauder warehouse sale- 6/20

I have 4 extra tix for 6/20 and am interested in trading them for tix for a different date. As a last resort, I am willing to sell them for $10 each (paypal is easiest :)

tina_kaul

Hi,
I would be intrested in the tickets if any are left ofcourse..
winks.gif

my email id is [email protected]
thanx a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgjwd
Hi, I rarely post on the forum but I lurk usually everyday or so...I have posted about this warehouse sale, though.....I get these tickets at my job every couple of months(I've never heard of them coming from a salon...other folks I've spoken to get them at their workplace here on Long Island)...I have a few extra tickets--5--that I would mail to anyone interested. It is in Hauppauge, Long Island. I love to go and always look forward to this and would be glad to help someone's else's addiction (just leave me something to buy)...
Please bear with me as I'm not knowledgeable about communicating with other forum members outside of the post areas re: how you could contact me....is there a place that I would receive messages on Specktra from other members or do I have to give out my email address to do this?? I guess I would send them to the first 5 people who write me

The date is for Sat June 27th...the staff there have told me that they have the sale every weekend when I've gone previously. Also, I know when I go and I have extra tickets I usually give them to the security guard when you first enter...so I'm not sure if you can call or show up there and ask if there are any spares...there is no telephone # on the tickets though, sorry

global

Globe trotter is back on town and set to haul at the June 20th Sale, i prays and wish to find some cool products. A long list of gifts this time.

I will share the booty once I return back.

Hold on till then

stacey131

I have two extra tix that I am giving away for this Sat 6/20 in Hauppaugue. Here's the catch! It's too late to mail...so they need to be picked up from me tomorrow AM from my office at 52nd and Bway in NYC

Ellen1

I PM'd you!
(Not that I have much money left after the friends and family sale!)

global

Friends,

Had a terrific time at the sale yestarday morning. My super catch was the grab bag which has 10 bottles of fragrences other then a few other valuable skin care and make up products.

I bought Estee Lauder face wash for $5/= for a full tube that last for at least 4 months. It cost 19.99/= at Macys.

The Mac face powder and an additional pan set was 1% buck each its retail is 28$ and that too without the pan.

The small travelling kits were cool this week, I bought several for $6:50/= I got several nice totes with matching cosmetic pouch inside for $5/= each.

The list would be long, but well I loved the haul.

Globe trotter.

summerblue

* Upfront, I'm letting you gals know that I am having a graphics card prob. which I'm going to finally rectify this week so you know why my typing is messed up; just read between the lines. And sorry for the run on sentences; just have so much to tell you & don't have the time to worry about grammar. If I did, this would sure be one fun post to annotate w/ smileys which you'll see I did at just the right places!!! r/o!

Hi Stacey131!
wavey.gif
Thanks ever so much for the ticket!

Like global, I, too, had a terrific time. I need to go back to hit the CCO store 1 more time since I have buyer's regret for 1 item, want to get a dupe of another that I absolutely loved when I got home & did the research on 2 brushes they had -- so now, of course, I want them. So one more shopping jaunt will do it for me!

I didn't purchase any skincare or fragrance products as I have my 2 signature scents & I rarely wear fragrance everday, and I have sensitive skin with mild rosacea so I'm limited in the ingredients I can use.

Like global I,too, picked up the $10 MAC face powder which was only in the medium shade, but I think it's best suited only for medium-light skintones like mine.

I also picked up 5 MAC e/s trios. Granted, color selection is very limited & probably MACs least popular colors, but I did manage to find 4 different 3 packs (boy, did I dig) that had Retrospeck, Marked Beauty, Ricepaper & Stars 'n Rockets. One lucky woman found Goldmine. Basically, it's the same 10 or so colors repacked in different configurations; it's rare to find a pkg. w/ any different colors. So of the 15, there are 8 that I like or, at least, enough to try. The remaining, I'll swap.

If you are a skincare & fragrance junkie this is the place to be since 98% of the warehouse is dedicated to these. Some of these items are sold individually, but most are GWP configurations from past promos. The remaining 2% is the MAC e/s bin & 4' x 2' table, a table for men (mostly fragrances), several bins that had packaged lipglosses like Juicy Couture which were sets of 7 small travel-size glosses @ 2/$22, a table of empty EL collectible perfume metal cases, a number of bins w/ makeup bags & tote bags from promos & a section of small makeup cases by the likes of Bobbi Brown, a large selection of Bumble & Bumble hair styling products. Many of these items, like the lipglosses would be ideal for gifts.

The lady at the MAC table said that the items usually stay the same week after week until the stock is gone & then they replace with other items so unless you are a swapper or reseller, it would only be necessary to stop in periodically.

As far as the MAC table was concerned, they had the following which the lady said were pretty much basic staples at this point week after week:

-'Gilt Free' Richmetal Highligther - $10 (bought)
-The face powder mentioned above - $10 (bought)
-The 182 LE brush w/ the square handle - $15 (bought)
-Small plastic figurine from the Fafi Collection - $5
-A few other thing that I can't recall; guess just not interested
-When I got to the table about 45 minutes after opening (was late as usual), they had about 10 dazzleglasses in 3 colors left for $5 each so I bought 5. She said small items like these are hit or miss.
-1/2 dozen satin makeup cases - bought 1 for $5; also had 3-packs of 3 sizes for $12

But what blew my mind was that behind the table were 6 brush bin: 3 SE versions (eh!) and the 169 ($19) & 223 ($16) from the 2005 Raquel Welsh Collection. I bought one of each. Side note, 2 months ago, based on mua reviews I was lemming for the 169. Can you believe that my MAC store actually had 3 left after 4 years! So I bought it for $32, but was iffy about keeping it since it's not that versatile & $32 is not cheap. Last day to return, I returned it & have for the past month worried about whether I did the right thing; you know, returning regrets! So I bought the 169, 223 & a lone 116 sitting all by itself. The 116 is not on my w/l, but bought it on a spending whim, and when I got home I realized it was one nice brush, so not sorry, but no value here - retails for $27; 25%-off sale for $20.25; paid $19.

Now, for the creme de la creme which you are not going to believe! There
was a plastic bowl of about 2 dozen 138s for $20 each!
omg.gif
I nearly had a heart attack. (Of course, I just got mine during the sale for $39!-- sooo... returning!) Just getting the 138 at, literally, a STEAL would have made the trip worth it! I was in 7th heaven; & still am! I bought 3!!!
yahoo.gif

There was so much fragrance in the air & I was so parched that at one point I almost started to cough; you know that dry cough you get when you can't get enough moisture in your throat. Thank God, literally, that I was able to catch myself 'cause if I started dry coughing I probably would have been a full blown attack!

I had a real blast from the past when I smelled the EL Youth Dew! HA!

So I hope I've given you ladies a real flavor of the Warehouse Sale.

Next post, I'll give you a little flavor of the 2 CCO stores I went to following the sale. Common on, need a coffee break & by posting twice I'm 1 post closer to the 20 necessary to get into the Clearance Bin section. I so want to get in there!

Ellen1

I also got a ticket from Stacey : )

I picked up a bunch of eye shadows. I bought some duplicates because one package had Bronze that I really wanted. I have an extra Coquette, Daisychain and Submarine if anyone wants to swap.

I also got a Dame Edna trio compact - crazy purple colors, but for $10 I couldn't resist! : )

summerblue

I forgot to mention, that if you use Clinique's 4-piece basic skin care line you can get a whopping value on a pkg. that has a 4 oz. moisturizer, (I believe) a 16 oz. toner, etc. for something like $35 or 39. And they sold these products individually at a table, but don't use so didn't check out.

Oh, one woman, whose company gets 25 tickets monthly (now where's the green w/ envy smiley when you need it!), said that the sale was every other Sat. & then every Sat. around the Holidays.

Your shopping cart is medium-sized box w/ a string attached to pull around so people are always bumping into your doggie & doggies are alway getting entangled & fighting! LOL!

Security, IMO, is nasty. Shopping is set up cafeteria style in a square. You are not allowed to ever 'go back' -- once you pass a spot, that's it!

Upon leaving, they give you a token gift which on Sat. was an EL nailpolish -- I think it's the only way there gonna get rid of these suckers! UGLY!

I noticed that the men who worked there were really lathed in cologne. Is it any wonder?! LOL!

Anyway, after you check out, you are able to go into the CCO store which is, in essence, a store within the warehouse. I'd say the store is not even 30' x 20'. There are both men & women's fragrance displays, (2) 6' foot section the walls w/ MAC & Clinique, BB & EL center displays, an Origins display, a couple of pieces from Flirt, & I know I missed a couple.

Depending on the product is whether or not the price is good:
- BB blush Shimmerbrick (that I believe is $35) sold for $28
- BB e/s Shimmerbrick (that I believe is $40) was sold for $28 if memory serves me correctly.
- I bought up a Clinique bronze gel liner for $8.75. They also had black honey & graphite.
- I bought a EL LE Shimmerbrick-type powder for $19.25 which retailed for $28

So, in the CCO store you save a few dollars over retail.

I only bought 3 items here; can't recall the last one. hmmm...

After I left this location, I went over to the CCO in Tanger Outlet's Deer Park location which opened in Oct since it was on the way home. The reviews of this location were 'meh,' as I guess it was being compared to a larger CCO which is like 70-miles from my house. (Never gonna happen! -- even going to MAC in NYC is 1/2 the distance.) Anyway, I liked this store --less fragrance & different makeup selection. I liked 5 things, but only bought 3:

-205 mascara brush - no deal (12.25); I believe the original price is $14.50, but not available online & the mua reviews were good so finally broke. All I can say is that after the 169 & 205 reviews, I now take mua reviews w/ a grain of salt. Sorry I bought; threw my $ away!
-MAC e/s in Top Knot for $10.25
-an EL e/s for $12.25

I probably would have bought the couple of EL items I picked up in the CCOs at the dep't. store counter, but I don't do dep't. store mu shopping; it's just not my thing. I have a w/l based on the opinions/reviews from sites like specktra, mua, youtube, sephora, QVC, etc. I, then, will go to Sephora or MAC to check them out & get samples &, then, I wait for the online or store sales.

So, in conclusion, it was a marathon-like, fun day for me. As I said, I need to go back 1 more time to pick up those 4 items in the CCO store I now want. And I'll go around the warehouse once & just check out the MAC table & e/s bin again. I think if you stop in once every 3 or 4 months that would suffice as long as you don't buy just for the sake of, solely, buying.

I tried to be an informative as I could remember. So HTHs in your understanding of the EL Warehouse Sale.

Latest posts