Small, flesh-colored bumps on face?

lilbit

I just joined this forum because I have been suffering from the same problem and I have been doing SO much research but I still can't find out what these horrible flesh coloured spots are!

I suffer from these mainly on my cheeks and my chin and they don't really show unless im in a really bright or sunny place or if your really looking close up.

Also if i squeeze them, a small little string of "junk" comes out. I call it "junk" because pus from normal acne/spots is quite watery wheras this is firm, a bit like what comes out if you squeeze a blackhead except its yellow/white.
Sorry for going into so much horrible detail but i just want to make sure that i am talking about the same conditionas everybody else.

I have tried steaming my face, having facials, using exfoliants and using acne products and even products containig glycolic acid but NOTHING seems to get rid of them!
I even completely changed my diet and cut out all bad food and I'm really healthy now but there has been no change.

I have actually noticed that my mac foundation makes this condition worse so i've also tried cutting down on my make up which helped a little but i can't go for too long without my make up!
This has lead me to believe that it might just be clogged up pores but if so they why hasn't my skincare regime helped?

I'm going to research comedonal acne, and something called millet seed acne to see if that's what i have.

Im also trying to research sebaceous hyperplasia as another user mentioned it.

Another possible condition this problem could potentially be is something called SYRINGOMA, it occurs usually after puberty in young adults (which is interesting considering that i never suffered from skin problems as a teen). I've posted a link with pics and info if anyone's interested:

http://www.skinsight.com/adult/syringoma.htm

Also, back to the cosmetics side of things, I've found that silicones which are found in cosmetics and moisturisers can actually block up pores REALLY bad and the worst thing is that many products which contain them actually claim to be non-comdogenic.
Silicones are ingredients usually ending with "cone" eg. DimethiCONE, cylclomethiCONE etc. Do some research as this could be a contributing factor.

I hope I have helped, if anyone else has more information about this horrible and bothersome skin condition then please reply :)
I have the EXACT same problem! Nothing my dermatologist prescribed has helped! I used to have them on my forehead from my first year of college until my last (4 YEARS!!) and they got really itchy one night and were gone the next morning, my forehead is always completely clear now. My issue now is that suddenly the same bumps are on my cheeks! And yes mac foundations make it worse, I use Armani now which doesn't make them worse. I don't know how to get rid of these bumps but I hate them!

peggy021953

I also have them under my eyes, went to dermatologist, he said he could do nothing as they were a part of my face foundation. I may go get a second op.

blueeyes789

well i tried putting baking soda and mixing it with water and putting it on my face just wait and then when you feel the burn wipe it of with water and then dry your face

blueeyes789

I WAS BORN WITH THESE ON MY FACE I WENT TO SOME DOCTOR AND HE SAID ITS NOT FRECKLES!!! so ya i try like everything i put some kinda oil on my face and baking soda AND EVERYTHING BUT IT DOSENT WORK TOT WELL I GUESS WE WERE MENT TO HAVE THIS STUFF ON OUR FACE TOT
im only 10 and my hole life these bumps were on my face i dont know how to get them off but IF YOU GUYS KNOW PLEASEEE TELL ME i need to get rid of them all the girls in my class are saying what in the world is that on your face? it makes me feel bad so just please tell me something if you know!

blueeyes789

PEOPLE DON'T PICK AT THEM IF YOU DO IT WILL SPREAD EVERYWHERE ON YOUR BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gellydonut

If your skin is congested, which could cause small skin colored bumps, I suggest adding an exfoliating toner to your skincare regimen. Use morning and night. You apply it with a cotton round or ball. Good examples are Clinique Mild Clarifying Toner, Pixi Glow Tonic, First Aid Beauty Pads and Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner. Don't forget to moisturize after!

sammy01

I have a lot of small, flesh-color bumps all over my face. In good lighting, it's not really noticeable. However, when I'm in the sun or in a room with bad lighting, the bumps are really noticeable and unattractive. It also seems like my foundation makes it look worse. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them? Are they acne scars? I desperately want to get rid of them!
Yeah I have the same thing I had it since I was little and I have some on my upper arm. Someone said it mite be something that goes through your family?

JazLil

I have these exact bumps also, and have had them for several years and it feels like I've tried everything. Did you ever find a solution? Did they ever go away?

JazLil

Hey everyone! I've been researching about this and googling it for a while but I couldn't find a solution for me. I joined just to be able to find a solution. Right now I'm using Biore's pore unclogging scrub and that hasn't worked for my "flat raised bumps" most of them are underneath my eye area close to the bridge of my nose. When I touch it, it doesn't feel 3d, it's more like it's attached to my skin. I don't have pores and instead I have these bumps so I'm assuming the bumps are what clogged my pores. I've had this for a while and never found a solution..for as long as I remember I've had these bumps. I'm only 15. These bumps make me feel very self-concious and all I want is a way to get rid of them! As everyone else said, its more noticable in the sun and in bright areas. I hate looking into the mirror because of my bumps. :( I feel like my skin is very dry and usually when I wash my face or when there is water on my face the bumps are less noticable. Then I put on moisterizer and it's there again. ):

Does the Olay stuff really work? I hope so because my mom isn't able to buy pricey things for me anymore. ): She is getting sick of me trying products over and over and them not working.

I was responding specifically to this post from 2011 as this is exactly what I have also.... did you ever get it sorted out?

sweetemotion

118f30da_IMG_20150907_141100.jpeg
Idk what to do about my face either.. Nothing works. Very frustrated.

Nwade

New User
Me too, its so annoying! I read witch hazel might help I'm trying it tonight will let you know! If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!

I'm really happy to have seen this thread and all the help and advice people are sharing. I have noticed a lot of the same thing (it is maddening!) Will definitely try my hand on a few things guys have sugested

Jeannieela

New User
HI everyone, Just went through all the comments on here. Below is what i have, its like a bunch of micro pimples, anyone else has this issue?
FullSizeRender.jpg

shadowaddict

Me too, its so annoying! I read witch hazel might help I'm trying it tonight will let you know! If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!

I wouldn't recommend using witch hazel. It is a skin irritant & could cause more problems. Here is a link that will show you what Milia is. You may also want to google it & see if it looks & sounds like the skin issues you have.

This link is on the Paula's Choice site. I'm 53 and feel I have tried every brand & product available. I'm not pushing her products. I have no affiliation with her or the company. I do use many of her products as I've found they work well with my complicated skin.

Many of her products are more expensive than drugstore prices. However those of us that are facing aging issues her targeted products are often half or more the price of big brands that do not deliver & include fragrance & other irritants. Perricone MD products can upwards of $200 & many of the products are horrible for your skin or you can find a drugstore equivalent.

You may not be familiar with who she is, particularly if you are of the younger set. Countless women & some men used to consult her most updated book "Don't Go to the Cosmetic Counter Without Me" before buying a product years before she started her own line. Here's a link that tells about her.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/who-we-are/about-paula/

There are many articles here on lots of skin issues that may help you.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skin-disorders/_/How-to-Get-Rid-of-Milia

Make sure to go the link at the bottom. It is invaluable, priceless information. I go on there about once a week. You can look up most products by brand or category. There's "best products" to go to. Many drugstore products are rated higher & recommended over the high end brand of that type products. Basically what I'm trying to say is that she doesn't push her own products. Yes they are listed. The products are not rated just by her people. There are either 2 or 3 teams that break down the products & rated based on ingredients & performance. So you are most likely to find inexpensive products that will be good for your skin.

i hope you are able to identify your skin problem & then find a good product to address it. Since I was a young teen I read every beauty magazine searching for help with my skin problems. I have oily skin & once I got on a good skincare routine my skin calmed down & was more agreeable. I inherited large pores that get clogged along with my oily skin.

I'm not going to lie my skin is not flawless now. However it is pretty damn good at 53 yr old who was a proud member of the sun-worshippers of the '70s & beyond. When not in school we all hung out at the "popular" lake & slathered ourselves with a mixture of iodine & babyoil and then lay on what looked like a large thick beach towel sized aluminum foil mat to get that deep dark brown tan. Oddly now I can hardly find a foundation pale enough for my skin. It has become lighter over the yrs for some unknown reason. Several people had their radios cranked up to the same station that played great music & every 30 minutes did a "time to roll over" announcement. It's a wonder my 61 yr old sister & I don't have skin that's looks like leather and/or skin cancer. Somehow thankfully at our age we both escaped with only a few tiny visible lines now & so far no appearance of sun damage. People are shocked when I tell them my age because they always think I'm about 40.

I now preach SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN! NO EXCEPTIONS, unless you plan to stay indoors.

The BHA I use keeps my pores unclogged and therefore my pores appear much smaller & very few blackheads, which have plagued me most of my life. BHA for oily/combo skin & AHA for dry/very dry skin products are explained how they work. There are some great drugstore products.
imagegif
Sorry my intended quick post turned into a book. Guess I got a bit carried away
imagegif

This is the great link for info:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia

imagegif

JessicaL

Banned
It could be non inflamed clogged pores that are kind of below the surface? And the change in climate can have an effect on skin- I have heard lots of people complain of this. I don't know what to tell you.... maybe try a 2% salicylic acid treatment gel. Duac works by killing the bacteria responsible for inflamed acne lesions and differin is a retinoid (I think these work by telling your skin cells to grow more normally and reduce inflamation?). So maybe using a chemical exfoliant like SA could help clear your pores. I would also recommend you to use grapefruit spot treatement from citrusclear. I hope this helps!

Latest posts