Bare Escentuals (all)

ms.marymac

I have been wanting to try this makeup, but I have to order it online, as I would have to travel a couple of hours to get to Sephora. Is anyone familiar with their colors? I am a Mac NC25, which of their shades is comparable to that?

sassy*girl

Im an NC30 for MAC, and NC30 makes me just a slight bit darker [not too much, but just a teensy bit!], so I use a mixture of 1.2 and 2 (fairly light and light) =) Hope that helps!

(I'm wearing this type of foundation on my MadameB FOTD post if you wanna check it out)

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

You should look on QVC.com for kits, often their prices are better than those at Sephora. The "foundation" doesn't cover as well as they claim, at least on me. There was no way my acne was going to be covered with it! For me, the only great product in this line are the Glimmers eyeshadows. They are beautiful!

jasper17

Ulta also carries it, if you have one of those nearby.

I'm an NC15 and I use the fairly-light, which is maybe a tiny bit dark.

Julie

I am a NC20 and I wear fairly light and light mixed like sassy_girl. I can also wear the medium shade but I usually only wear it in the summer when I am a little tan. This is the only foundation I wear in the summer because I feels like you are wearing nothing and lasts all day for me. I

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
I am a NC20 and I wear fairly light and light mixed like sassy_girl. I can also wear the medium shade but I usually only wear it in the summer when I am a little tan. This is the only foundation I wear in the summer because I feels like you are wearing nothing and lasts all day for me. I

I hope that it works well for me too during summer =)

Oh yeah, If you're buying from Sephora online, you should consider buying the kit that they sell. It's the one that I got that came with a DVD instruction manual, 2 shades of foundation, mineral veil and warmth. It also came with three brushes and the MD Formulations cleanser that I'm currently using. I also got the Sephora Bronzer Brush when I ordered this, it's the brush I use it to get more coverage when I want to.

Julie

sassy_girl can you tell me the exact name of that Sephora brush because that sounds like something I'd like to try for more coverage? Thanks!

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
sassy_girl can you tell me the exact name of that Sephora brush because that sounds like something I'd like to try for more coverage? Thanks!

Sure thing! It's sort of like the Kabuki Brush that some people use, but the bristles are more packed and densed, but still very soft! I use this brush on my cheeks where most of the hyperpigmentation from past blemishes appear.

Here's the link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=C540

They just call it a Bronzer Brush.. No numbers like MAC ones =P

Sanne

I am a nw20, and I got the 2.0 foundation, it looks great on me! maybe it could have been a little bit lighte to really match my skincolor, but this is still very natural and gives me very lightly a sunkissed look.

mac_obsession

BE rocks...Ive used it for about a year now I think...When I was younger I always got compliments on my porcelain skin, but as I got older I stopped getting them (when I started breaking out), but since using it I get compliments on my skin again
smiles.gif

Its great stuff, lasts forever and really makes you glow!

AlliSwan

I'd posted on this topic before the dreadful hacking and just have to rave again about it. I'm an NW20-25 but I usually reach for the 2 or 2.3 but mix it half and half with the mineral veil, the color kinda darkens me up but not in a fake way because it's cut with the mineral veil. I love the Bobbi Brown Kabuki brush. Don't waste your money on the BE brushes because IMHO, they suck!

archangeli

I think that the BE Kabuki brush is a scratchy little fuzzball.. I use the MAC 187 Stippling brush to apply my BE foundation.

I'm NC25-30. Right now I am using Summer Bisque as a foundation and it works amazingly - perfect color match! In the summer when I tan a bit I will go back to using 2.3

If anyone wants to try this stuff out, I have a BN jar of shade 3 (Medium) that I received in an MUA swap but it is totally the wrong color for me...

mrsdivajen

It's SO much cheaper to buy BE on QVC, the prices at Sephora and elsewhere are a lot more expensive. Only problem is it's hard to really "see" the colors, but still, I'll probably go to sephora to match myself and order from QVC.

mac_obsession

Buy it on QVC....their kits are the "more for your money" kits. Sephoras are ok, but youre way better off going with qvc..Their return policy is good too, so if you dont like it you can generally return em.

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Buy it on QVC....their kits are the "more for your money" kits. Sephoras are ok, but youre way better off going with qvc..Their return policy is good too, so if you dont like it you can generally return em.

Yeah, I only got it at Sephora 'cuz I''m in Canada. We sorta have a QVC here called TSC (the Shopping Channel) and they also sell mineral makeup called PurBlend. I haven't heard any people using that one, so I just went on ahead and ordered BE from Sephora :p[/i]

Latest posts